WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Deja Vu TimeLapse

When you get Deja Vu, how long between the initial dream and the actual event?

• I don't get deja vu.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within 1 week.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Within 1 month.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Within 6 months.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Within 1 year.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Beyond 1 year.

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

JusDoodln'

Too dumb for the shortbus
Just about everyone goes through Deja Vu at some point, right? So I'm wondering: How much time do you feel passes, on average, between when you initially had the dream/vision/premonition to the actual moment when you go through that experience in real life? And do you experience deja vu over important moments, or nonsense insignificant moments?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
well it is instantly, but it seams to me like i've seen it half a year to years ago. usually it seams like i seen it a certain time in my childhood. i seam to get deja vu only on car rides. i can't remember a time when i got it when i wasn't in a car looking out the window. strange

Never really thought about it.

Anywho, it varies. Most of the time, though, I usually experience deja vu atleast a year after the initial event occured.

Iron Newt

Banned - What an Asshat!
ive actually had de ja vu to the point where i could tell you what would happen next, except if i told someone, it would be wrong. Thus i believe its all in my head, and i dont believe in me making prophecies, especially cause i cant remember my dreams most of the time. But if someone can tell the future, please tell me the next time i will have sex ;) .

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Iron Newt said:
ive actually had de ja vu to the point where i could tell you what would happen next, except if i told someone, it would be wrong. Thus i believe its all in my head, and i dont believe in me making prophecies, especially cause i cant remember my dreams most of the time. But if someone can tell the future, please tell me the next time i will have sex ;) .
i can tell the future, you will never have sex, don't bother trying

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I've experienced it before, the feeling that this exact scenario has unfolded before. Though nobody is exactly sure what causes it, scientists theorize that it's a mini seizure, short circuiting the part of your brain that deals with incoming real-time stimulus, and the part that stores memories. Therefore making real-time data seem to you like a memory.

Most of the time this happens so quick it's over before you recognize what's going on. that theory sounds reasonable except for one thing. I have had experiences where I felt the Deja Vu feeling, and it lasted long enough for me to accurately predict events moments before they happen, or something someone is about to say; word for word. Kind of unsettling, but interesting all the same.

R

RedOctober

Well.. I think deja vu has little to do with dreams. But to me it was as if I experienced a certain situation as if I had been there before.

Not so very strange, because you may remember certain places you have seen when you were kid.

But sometimes I have had a predicting dream. Which is very frustrating because it's never giving you a clue of what really going to happen..

A week or two ago I dreamt I lost my digicam in a storm where a pile of water came bursting over me. I interpreted it as if I was on board the navy ship I sailed with years ago.
But now I also could say I have seen Katerina in my dreams, before it happened. But that's BS of course.
It's quite easy to bend a situation in some other direction to fit reality.

I believe in paranormal experiences if I could dream which horse would win a race, put money on it and walk home a rich man.
But I don't because I think gambling is stupid. ;)

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
About one year and frour months between I dreamed hearing the phrase "which are you more afraid of, spanking or bugs?" and then hearing it for real in Las Vegas. Although I think this qualifies more as clairaudiance than deja vu.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
if prophecy is true you can't trust it because it could be interpretted so many different ways, and end up meaning so many different things

one time i had a dream about my lost gameboy sitting on the couch, so when i woke up, i went to check...and it wasn't even there.

i have deja vu up to 6 times a week and its bad ass. cuz i can determine what happens next during the day, and when it does i can do something to counteract that happening

Mr sirius

Very Sirius
canadian_pov said:
This thread seems oddly familiar.
(ah hahaha yes thats funny)sarcasm ^

I dunno when i get it i dont remember dreaming about it or anything like that i just feel like i've seen it happen before and just not know wear, hmm strange