WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Deleting the rep system..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, I think Jason and BRit should delete the rep system for several reasons.

1. You can't say its not abused these days, you see people like Jung and gehtfuct with 32,000 rep. 32,000 rep?!?! Most people don't even have 5,000. Let alone 32,000...Its just so stupid.
2. It reduces the "omg, i can't believe he bad repped me" bullshit, and all the horrible threads about 'bad reps'.
3. It serves no real purpose, its just a pat on the back.

Smoke said:

1. You can't say its not abused these days, you see people like Jung and gehtfuct with 32,000 rep. 32,000 rep?!?! Most people don't even have 5,000. Let alone 32,000...Its just so stupid.
2. It reduces the "omg, i can't believe he bad repped me" bullshit, and all the horrible threads about 'bad reps'.

Don't be jealous you don't have uber-rep.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
HavokChylde said:
Don't be jealous you don't have uber-rep.
Jealous? I'm not jealous, I just think its stupid, its a giant cycle. You rep someone, they rep you back, and so on.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
I with Smoke on this one. I mean its abused by all the Members. Has a lot of bugs. I mean itss been critisized before and nothing was done about it. The only thing is that the "Cock farm" kinda needs them. So keep them for there and call um "cock points or Something. Just a suggestion.

</rant>

Tenderony
More fights though. Could be funny as fuck.

</rant>

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
This is the internet. It is for recreational and entertainment purposes only. This does not effect your reality, nor does "rep" truly have a bearing on your existence. Thank you.

dustinzgirl said:
This is the internet. It is for recreational and entertainment purposes only. This does not effect your reality, nor does "rep" truly have a bearing on your existence. Thank you.

No no no my dear, thank you.

;)

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:

Weren't you the one who got his rep deleted at 10,000 for abusing the system? Furthermore, didn't you complain and say it was unfair, because you deserved all of your rep?

junglizm said:
Weren't you the one who got his rep deleted at 10,000 for abusing the system? Furthermore, didn't you complain and say it was unfair, because you deserved all of your rep?
Case closed.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
This is how you kiddies get so high up in the rep system, its pathetic.

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
Jealous? I'm not jealous, I just think its stupid, its a giant cycle. You rep someone, they rep you back, and so on.
Not everyone circle jerks the rep sytem like you did. If I remember correctly, you've given me rep for silly reasons, probably expecting it in return. So why is this such an issue now?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Sadly, it was not 'deleted'. Jason and Britt just reduced it to about 5,000 for the each of us. Why does it matter anyhow? Even if I did 'abuse' it, isn't that what you kids are doing now? Repping each other with posts like "hey, that was a good post man, keep up the good work".

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Not everyone circle jerks the rep sytem. If I remember correctly, you've given me rep for silly reasons, probably expecting it in return. So why is this such an issue now?
Back when I was a beginging member, I wanted to be one of the 'cool' members with all the high rep points & I wanted to get repped in return, but not now..

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
Sadly, it was not 'deleted'. Jason and Britt just reduced it to about 5,000 for the each of us. Why does it matter anyhow?
Oh wah, wah, wah; cry about the internets. Exactly, it doens't matter, so why do you care?

Smoke said:
This is how you kiddies get so high up in the rep system, its pathetic.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Junglizm said:
Why is this such an issue now?
Well, for several reasons, everytime I go to a thread and see one of you users with 35,000 rep points, it just seems like its overally abused. I don't see why you don't delete it in general.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Oh wah, wah, wah; cry about the internets. Exactly, it doens't matter, so why do you care?

Why do I care? I'm trying to get something started &
why do you keep showing that rep picture?

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
Well, for several reasons, everytime I go to a thread and see one of you users with 35,000 rep points, it just seems like its overally abused. I don't see why you don't delete it in general.
Translation:

"I miss my dearly beloved rep, which I gained by circle jerking and abusing the system, and now every time I see someone with more rep than me, it infuriates me."
Smoke said:
Why do I care? I'm trying to get something started &
I'm not really sure why you care, but I just proved you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.