WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dentists Suck

A lot of people don't mind the dentist, but I do. It's not the pain of a shot or little metal things or anything, but when you get your teeth cleaned, it tastes really bad. First they put the metal things in your mouth, I don't mind that but then the polisher comes. Aw its all green and nasty tasting. Mine was broken one time and the dentist was an idiot and she got it all over the place. Then the flouride comes and its all pink and stuff, and they stick in your mouth and leave it there, I hate it! So, after all that you see your teeth again the next day and they look exactly the same as before you went to the dentist's!!! You would be better off doing listerine and killing 99.9% of the germs and preventing gingivitis, and brushing your teeth.

Agreeing with me starts.......NOW!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I hate dentists.
The taste of the rubber gloves.
The metal things prodding.
Them saying something to you while they have your fist in your mouth.
The drill.
The taste.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
I dont think anyone likes the dentists. I, for one, LOATHE the dentist. The polisher, and those stinking scraping things. When you can HEAR the scrape against your teeth you know its not right, they have to be doing more damage than good if it comes to that. RR!

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
I'm right there with you, St.Anger. But I'd really, really love a dentist right about now to remove these fucking wisdom teeth. :thumbsup: Having no insurance rocks. :happysad:

PoisonIvy

I hate plants!!
meh_it_all said:
I hate dentists.
The drill.
The taste.
I completely agree. My dentist is evil. He believes in giving you all the gory details about how he is going to take a tooth out, then expecting you to enjoy the experience. And he talks to you while he does it.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My family hasn't been able to afford going to the dentist's since I was 9.

I wish I could go :(

Guess I don't see what the big deal is. :: shrugs :: I think the only thing that's really bugged me so far is the shots kinda sting...but I get over that quickly. I did try to stray from the dentist I've gone to all my life once. I didn't care for him or his assistant. They were both asses. When he gave me the little shot I cringed and clasped my hands together like my other dentist always told me to do and he had the audacity to say "Oh, don't be a baby. You know you prick yourself worse than that shaving." Way to be sensitive there fella. I can tell you nicking yourself shaving doesn't feel like a long needle going into your gums.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Oh I hate that, and they shake the needle to get it in there. That sucks ass. One time they did that to me twice in one side of my mouth and they left for like an hour and came back to do it and the numbness wore off! What a bitch that was.

magnolia

Postaholic
I personally love the dentist. I go every 6 months. I don't have to have flouride anymore. I agree that that part was always nasty. But as far as the polishing stuff, I get to pick the flavor. There's the mint, a bubble gum (Which is pretty good), watermelon, and a raspberry. (Which I prefer.) My dentists is nice enough. Kindof dumb sometimes though.

The only thing I really really hate about the dentist is:

The gal who actually cleans my teeth. It doesn't matter who does it. I always leave with a soar mouth.

The fact that I have a tooth in the very front that's slowly turning darker and they say, "Oh, when it dies we'll remove it." How bout dealing with it now when it's easier than just ripping out my front tooth?!

And that I have sensitive teeth and they don't care. And that I aparently grind my teeth and they've never told me what I can do to stop the damage it does.

magnolia said:
And that I have sensitive teeth and they don't care. And that I aparently grind my teeth and they've never told me what I can do to stop the damage it does.
I actually have this same problem...really bad. (my fiance, friends, and family, have all told me how it sounds like breaking bones in my sleep...I've even woken myself up from the noise). Cheapest bet, get a mouth gaurd from your local Wal-Mart's (or Target, or what have you) athletic department. I used to use these, but I tore 'em to shreds. They also have ones specifically for the grinding of teeth in the pharmacy section. If those don't work either (unless you got it as bad as I do, they should), you can request one from your dentist. With insurance mine was about $90 (Not counting the cost of the two visits). Those last me A LOT longer. I've had mine for a couple of years now and I do have a hole in it...but it's not enough for me to cough up another 90 bucks yet...I'll just wait until my wisdom teeth finish doin' what they're doin' . ;)

Also, you're grinding off enamel when you do that. So you might want to invest in a toothpaste that protects and restores it. (Most Sensodynes work for me for the sensitive issue...been too broke to look at other toothpastes.)

PS. Sorry I kinda hijacked the thread....

With love to magnolia. <3

magnolia said:
The fact that I have a tooth in the very front that's slowly turning darker and they say, "Oh, when it dies we'll remove it." How bout dealing with it now when it's easier than just ripping out my front tooth?!

Hmm...sounds like fun. I know getting teeth removed is a real pain. Something like six stabs of the needle around each tooth to loosen it and then a
not-so-quick wrench with that damned mideval torture device to take it out..

Atleast I haven't had any cavities since I was around 5.. :happysad:

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
my dentist put "great patient, verry funny" on my card. Now I feel like I havw to the part everytime I go. Don't you hate when that happens?

My dentist gave me a dentist token or something like that for being a good patient. What the fuck is there to do with a dentists token? I'll go show my friends and brag about the great dentists token I earned for being such a brave, big, boy.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
meh_it_all said:
I hate dentists.
The drill.
The taste.
Sounds like a night I had in Vegas, but without the Guns and donkey.