WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

depresson sucks

magnolia

Postaholic
Okay, I'd describe myself as manic depressive. Sortof. Anyway, one day without my meds and I'm all, I wanna just roll over and die, bla bla bla. Well, I talk to my boyfriend every night on msn and he's so worried about me. I feel like a shit. I know that I worry him and I know that it hurts him. I told him that I'd never actually go through with any of my plans, but he still worrys so much. I feel like I'm a child and he has to take care of me. He always tries to help me remember to take my meds and stuff. I just feel....so stupid about the whole thing. Why can't I just be normal? Why do I have to be so damn dependant on my meds? I hate it! I hate knowing that I hurt him and I hate feeling like a child. At least he takes care of me.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
:thumbsdn:

I hate to be cliche (well actually, I love it), but turn that frown up side down. You've got somebody who loves you and wants you to be well. You may be up and down, but you've got somebody there for both.

I hope you get well soon :thumbsup:

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
magnolia said:
Okay, I'd describe myself as manic depressive. Sortof. Anyway, one day without my meds and I'm all, I wanna just roll over and die, bla bla bla. Well, I talk to my boyfriend every night on msn and he's so worried about me. I feel like a shit. I know that I worry him and I know that it hurts him. I told him that I'd never actually go through with any of my plans, but he still worrys so much. I feel like I'm a child and he has to take care of me. He always tries to help me remember to take my meds and stuff. I just feel....so stupid about the whole thing. Why can't I just be normal? Why do I have to be so damn dependant on my meds? I hate it! I hate knowing that I hurt him and I hate feeling like a child. At least he takes care of me.
what seein me & gomer isent enuf?

wiseman

"angry"scientist
try to get out more and have fun..like go to a theme park or something,just try to have more fun..hopefully you will fell happier and then u wont need ur happy pills or meds whatever u call them. besides if u feel so bad try going to a doctor or a phychiatrist just keep on trying eventualy stuff u will start to feel better...hopefully..sorry if i wasnt much help its kinda hard for me to reply to somethin like that.

magnolia

Postaholic
well, depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. So while going out and doing fun stuff could help, it isn't a cure all.

Unforgiven

That Guy
i used to listen to primver 55-This life, when i was depressed... mainly because of the line "It's not the life you wanted..."

or crazytown's-Drowning... "I've been to hell and back, looking for the answers to life..."

yeah... i've been there.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
magnolia said:
well, depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. So while going out and doing fun stuff could help, it isn't a cure all.
NO depression is: The ever increasing and sometimes sudden realization that you have responsibilities. Heads UP sister it doesn't get any easier, until you get old like grandpa. God didn't create Alzheimer's and senility for a laugh. It's god's everlasting Valium.. YummY~~
What were we talking about again??? Where's my Valium and whiskey Grandma?

suck on this

pretty crazy
I'm like that too.. kinda..I don't know if its depression, but it sucks. I don't take meds or anything. like I'm gonna be really happy and full of energy for a week.. and then one day I'm gonna want to die, for no apparent reason. it sucks when you're dating a girl cause you don't want her to know you're down.. so I only see her when I'm high, and we have alot of fun.. but when I'm down I stay at home and don't pick up the phone and I don't call her back until I feel good again wich can take a couple days.. It must piss her off.. don't know what to do with that, I just don't want her to think that I'm a weirdo.

anyways.. i feel you.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
NoSubstance said:

I hate to be cliche (well actually, I love it), but turn that frown up side down. You've got somebody who loves you and wants you to be well. You may be up and down, but you've got somebody there for both.

I agree with Mr. Hallmark here.

Although if it's a chemistry disorder you may not be able to just smile. It would be good for you to remember NoSubstance's advice on your valleys.

DCSkater

Night Light Suckaa
NoSubstance said:

agreed, not everybody has somebody like that, you are one of the lucky ones....

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
to me I guess a lot of people are going through this now
including myself...for the last 4 or 5 months now...I try to be happy alot, but inside i'm always the same depressed person that some people are just now figuring out who I really am
i haven't talk to ya in a while either though, you'd find I'm a lot more messed up than I was back in June...but i've realized parts of my life I have to live with instead of hiding them...in other words I'm tired of trying to act and be like one of the cool people, school will mess you up that way, but that's been a while since I was in school and now I"m finally starting to live with my true personality...just try to be yourself and not what others want to be, it kinda helps
at least you do have someone that thinks and cares about you...that's always a good reason you shouldn't try anything like dying...you have someone to live for...as for me I got no one, and i'm not afraid of death at all..so I'll drop anytime I feel like it...but I do have some cousins who know my real personality better than anyone else and I'm loyal to them so as long as they told me not to kill myself, I'm going to listen to them

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
MaxPower said:
I agree with Mr. Hallmark here.

Although if it's a chemistry disorder you may not be able to just smile. It would be good for you to remember NoSubstance's advice on your valleys.
I said that because I know from experience...

I also know what its like when that person betrays you :thumbsdn:

Last summer I was depressed with a capitol (capital?) D. I pretty much got everything straight though.

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
OMG i used to be soo fucking depressed. I used to cut myself, I used to have to take pills and go to a therapist. Nothing really helped and then I had to move and start over. It sucked cuz i had no one to talk to but it forced me to find myself. If you work out, it almost cures depression (or it did that for me) because it gets the "right chemicals" flowing. When I get sad I punch a bag or I literally drag myself outside to run. MAKE yourself go for a walk and avoid sad music when you are sad, it only makes you worse. If meds are the only thing that will help you than by all means take them when you can. Maybe someday they will have a cure that is easier. STay healthy, i love you, don't hurt yourself. I feel for you.

morelos

lexicon incognito
magnolia - pills should not be something a human being needs consistently. like an SSRI like say paxil or some shit, celexa / prozac / zoloft / effexor / etc or wellbutrin or any other take-me-daily-so-pharmacia-can-get-more-rich drug.

the truth is this:

you're a late adolescent. you are facing the conflict between social and innate constructs that skorch and i have been discussing in chit chat. to be brutally honest with you, it won't ever get better, but your freedoms will increase.

the question is of how you can examine your thought processes and emotional reactions to your thoughts and effectively start managing them.

whatever your meds are, be they for bipolar disorder, ocd, gad, etc, take my word for it: you don't need them.

paxil almost killed me.

~ dan ~

morelos

lexicon incognito
and durtytoothbrush has a point: get a routine of adaptation going. exercise (go for a walk around the block every night or something), eat healthy foods with low fats (lots of vegetables), and try to sleep the same amount of time each night.

it's amazing how just THAT can help. your mind and body always send you signals. listen to them; instead of what society tells you they are, figure out what they are for yourself. you'll see that society is wrong.

~ dan ~

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
wow, you said it ^

yea I won't take pills or see a therapist even though my dad wants me too
i know it's going to make me worse because I don't want to become some fake happy person on pills, I just want to be myself and hope I find someone who likes me for that
and therapy is going to drag me nowhere, all it is to me is sitting there with someone sucking the money out of you while they try to tell you what your problem is and I've already discussed with my best friends and cousins my deepest inner most feelings and we've gotten along a lot better now, but no one has been able to solve my problems
so until I find the next thing to raise my spirits, i'll continue living with depression..though now I'm kind of enjoying it...not like an attention getter, because at most times I want to be left alone...but more like the depression is helping me realize who I am and how to be happy expressing my real self
right now the way people think of me doesn't affect me anymore, i have a don't care ideal going on

*edit*...oh btw, sorry I never replied with that screen shot, lol, if you remember
my laptop got so bad, the only way to fix everything is a new motherboard..I found one too..so I'll be saving up
but for now I bought the high tech stuff and my friend and I built my new computer...fastest computer I've ever dealt with perfect graphics and it's all mine...plus the 4mb broadband we have now rocks!