WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Descent Dreams

Descent

Hella Constipated
Usual content of the nightmares

Worse, is the fact that when sleeping I'm not playing the game, but I'm inside it! And like many other Descent players I've known about, you dream about the game because of it's engrossingness! But these aren't pleasant happy preteen dreams, these are nightmares that make me wake up, in a cold sweat, unable to yell! AND I DIE A FIERY BLOODY DEATH AT THE END EVERY TIME BEFORE I WAKE!

The night before last I had a nightmare where the final boss robot was sniping me out along with red hulks.

I haven't played in two weeks, haven't really wanted to play that much for a while, and now these dreams are just recurring night in and night out. What the fuck do they mean?! They only started after I become independent from Ambien.

The dreams would be fine sans-audio, but the audio libraries are what makes them scary. I mean, they are really fucking demented.

Case in point, the bosses:

Cyclops - The final boss

Level 7 Boss

Miniboss

The red hulk

All of these scary ass things are in my dreams - I'd post their battlecries too, but I'm fucking lazy and I'm tired now because I didn't want to sleep because of this.

This is so fucked up...I've been hanging out and shit with humans all day, and at night I have the scariest dreams of my life.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Sounds like since you got off the ambien your mind is trying to deal with the stress from your life while you are asleap. The ambien was probably keeping you sedated enough that you wouldn't have them. Beat the boss in real life again and don't let things get to you.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
bnccoder said:
Sounds like since you got off the ambien your mind is trying to deal with the stress from your life while you are asleap. The ambien was probably keeping you sedated enough that you wouldn't have them. Beat the boss in real life again and don't let things get to you.
Kudos man. Sounds like you hit the nail on the head.
Descent, what do you think?

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
I say you reinstall the fucking game and try to beat it again, descent.

Descent

Hella Constipated
bnccoder said:
Thanks - tomorrow, I'll swipe the disks with my save file from my backpack and upload it.

I find this odd because even though many people do dream about this game after playing at night, they always say their dreams are pleasant.