WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Descent Presents: Why You Should Buy Payless Sneakers.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I've owned two pairs of Nikes and two pairs of Payless shoes since 7th grade.

I can now officially, wholeheartedly, say that Payless shoes are more durable in every aspect.

Even a month old, my two Nikes started to wear like Ashley Simspon's voice. The insoles popped out, the threads came loose, they had hard spots that were excruciating, and there were many more anomolies such as crappy wear on the padding and lace holes.

My first pair of Payless shoes I outgrew - but my friend had the same pair and we both agree the wear was superhumanly good. Two years later we still had them and they only had a slightly worn out sole. Not a thread anywhere. Everything besides that was perfect.

My current pair I got at the end of 8th grade is amazing. Featuring loose elastic mesh for the top and...well...I'll post pics later. You can't explain. They physically feel cheap but feel great and wear REALLY GOOD.

Both pairs of Payless shoes allow me to run faster than Nike's offerings - They have tread like a racing slick, yet it's created by mini-interlaced treads. This creates more traction than Nike's empty holed crap treads.

Also - nobody can tell they're payless when you wear them - so chill out, you won't be called a fag, and when you wear the same pair day in and day out, they might buy a pair too after they've gone through 4+ pairs of Nikes and Reeboks. I also had Reeboks back in 7th grade and they didn't wear well.

Also, Payless' CrossTrekkers brand shoes look much more innovative than the rehashed shit that fucking Reebok and Nike put out every year.

So in essence, I have my own style - always wearing a Hawaiin shirt and jeans, and I always have shoes that last longer, look cooler and cost less than my rich ass peers.

Go pick up a pair - They no longer suck like they did in the 1990's.

tl;dr

Descent Presents : Crap.

:rotflmao:

(go ahead and make a JK fanclub remark. Poser.)

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
You should get some etnies, Comfortable and afordable.. Thats what i wear, and they have lasted for 6 months without falling apart..

Descent

Hella Constipated
HavokChylde said:
tl;dr

Descent Presents : Crap.

:rotflmao:

(go ahead and make a JK fanclub remark. Poser.)
Naw, you sent me positive rep and a response :). Clearly you enjoyed my post.

Jung

???
Premium
I'm partial to New Balance and Saucony; they both last a lot longer than Nike, or Adidas. Payless shoes might last a decent amount of time, but they're crappy in pretty much every way. I pay for comfort and durability mostly, I really don't think Payless will give me either.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Hey jung, have you ever tried etnies, DC, or even vans. I think they are pretty cofortable.. They are very supportive...

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, like 10 years ago when I skateboarded. I don't like the way they look now, it's just "not me."

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
I'm partial to New Balance and Saucony; they both last a lot longer than Nike, or Adidas. Payless shoes might last a decent amount of time, but they're crappy in pretty much every way. I pay for comfort and durability mostly, I really don't think Payless will give me either.
I've personally tried both and my feet couldn't fit in them. I'm a size 13D. Ironically my father is a 13DD and he found a pair of NewBalance shoes that fit him, and he got them back in '99 and still wears them.

I've owned Rebbok, Nike, Payless, and K-Swiss over the years and Payless shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've worn to date besides the K-Swiss shoes.

I would personally buy a cheap $10 pair there - it's a great experiment.

Descent said:

It's just an obvious ploy to make you believe I'm a nic guy. :rolleyes:

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
junglizm said:
Yeah, like 10 years ago when I skateboarded. I don't like the way they look now, it's just "not me."
Why dont you skatebored now..? Do you still know how to..?

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
I've owned Rebbok, Nike, Payless, and K-Swiss over the years and Payless shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've worn to date besides the K-Swiss shoes.
Reebok Classics are the shit. Aside from that I usually stick with the above mentioned brands, Kenneth Cole or Steve Madden. I like my Dr. Martens shoes and boots as well, they're so comfortable.
I would personally buy a cheap $10 pair there - it's a great experiment.
[/quote]I tend to stick to what I know; I'd rather pay a few bucks more for quality than waste even $10 on an experiment that I can already guess the outcome of.

I've had my brown suede etinies calicuts for over 2 years, perfect condition, orginal laces everything. :thumbsup: and no, i don't skate.

Does anyone konw where i can find some lakais, and how comfortable they are? cause they're nowhere to be found in houston.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
We got some here in boise, but that is long way to travle.. And yes they are very confortable.. Nice to skate with to..

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Lol This belongs in the Clam Bar; do you wear a low cut top with your Brown Fucking shoes??

No, i just wear whatever is comfortable. but the jeans do hang nicely over my shoes.

btw, faded jeans are for fags.

Jung

???
Premium
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
Why dont you skatebored now..? Do you still know how to..?
I haven't done that since I was probably 16 or so. I'm sure I still know how, it's just not something I do anymore. Well, at least i"m assuming it's like they say about bikes.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Descent said:

Damn. If this was B&T I could make a comment on how you enjoyed my Post. But it's not, so I won't. ;)

Zoso

Zappafied
i had a pair of nikes for 6 years. they looked like hell but they were the most comfortable shoes i ever had. and i refused to buy more if they still were in tact and had bottoms on them. they had maybe one or two holes in the top but still, best shoes i ever had. about 2 years ago, my g/f threw them away. they was my 'magic' shoes (forest gump plug). she called it tough love... guess i understand cuz they were pretty ugly.. o well. ive had my Tmberland hiking sneakers for almost 3 years now.... greeeeaaat shoes.