WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Desert Island Entertainment Poll

Which of these items would you take to a Deserted Island to keep you occupied

• Books/Magazines

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Stereo/MP3 Player/Other form of music player

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Telephone

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Television/VCR/DVD Player

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XBOX/Playstation/Other games console

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

tonymontana

Tony Montana
You're headed for a desert island (with electricity, apparently!?!) for an indefinite amount of time and can only bring one of these luxury items with you, what's it to be, how do you decide?:evil: Which of these means the most to you?

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
tonymontana said:
You're headed for a desert island (with electricity, apparently!?!) for an indefinite amount of time and can only bring one of these luxury items with you, what's it to be, how do you decide?:evil: Which of these means the most to you?
Telephone, I dont think I could stand not talking to friends etc...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i've spent a fair bit of time on deserted islands (indonesia and the andamans), plus a lot of not so deserted islands, not desert islands though, that would be a bit too sandy.

my luxuries were..
books.
walkman.. if there are batteries available.
female company.

none of that stuff on the list really appeals to me.. the whole reason i went to them was to get away.. having a phone would seem insane.. likewise a laptop..
i strongly advise anyone who can to go.. 12 months travelling the world makes your head seem smaller and your heart feel bigger.. plus you might get hooked on it..
and the real luxury was.. being there.

tonymontana

Tony Montana
void said:
my luxuries were..
books.
walkman.. if there are batteries available.
female company.

none of that stuff on the list really appeals to me..
Really? Not even the books, or the Music players?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
tonymontana said:
Really? Not even the books, or the Music players?
well fuck me sideways if i forgot to write 'other stuff'..

yawns.. remembers what happens to mr montana and the end of the movie..

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
a phone, a credit card and the address of the island. sorted.

The only things that would be useful on a desert island with electricity, would be

Books/Magazines
MP3 Player (assuming it was full)
Telephone
Television (assuming you had cable/satellite/whatever)

Unless, of course, they allowed to to take games/CD's/Casettes/whatever.

Books. Every book on the face of the Earth. If I'm going to be there for the rest of my life I would be perfectly content to just sit and have all that time to read. One of the things that bothers me about college is I don't have that much time to read just for fun.

Hmmm. I chose music player but now after giving it further thought, I think I'd take books and/or magazines. /shrug

Siffeler

Banned - What an Asshat!
o i didnt relise that u had electricity
seems kinda stupid

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Well i dont think that any of those things could really keep me occupied for the rest of my life. But i think that i would take my g/f its nearly impossible to get time alone. She would be the only one i could stand for more than a day.