WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dial up limitations

_BlackWulf_

Banned - What an Asshat!
Right, ive just spend the last hour downloading some lil movie, about 20KB...HOUR...20 KB...20 frikken KB, not right, when the dl started it was goin fine, when I came back a bit later its dropped under 1KB/min, WTF?, ive got a wicked comp and probably the best ISP, so this is fucked up, either the site went dead or my comp did, and in the end the movie was bogus, the speed is back up now but shit man, 20KB..was that so much? dealing with this after losing dsl ( which is on another computer i cant reach right now ) just makes you wanna bash your head onto the table, which i did a few times..am I the only one that wants to kill Bill Gates?

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
comps

comps have cameras in the so every day or two some dickhead says"we should have his printer crash today." they make crappy stuff you have to buy more expensive stuff

_BlackWulf_

Banned - What an Asshat!
This one was custom made by me, my dad and a friend, everything it has in it is shit-free, im starting to think it was some client thing I got called BitTorrent or w/e, as soon as a got it everything was sluggish, I was a fucktard to actually believe a "700KB/sec" dl of their movies n stuff

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
_BlackWulf_ said:
This one was custom made by me, my dad and a friend, everything it has in it is shit-free, im starting to think it was some client thing I got called BitTorrent or w/e, as soon as a got it everything was sluggish, I was a fucktard to actually believe a "700KB/sec" dl of their movies n stuff
well then gt dsl :p i can get 700mb files in 6 hours on k-lite 2.4.3 the only people that need dial-up any way is old people that dont know how to do anything but get e-mail

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
_BlackWulf_ said:
Right, ive just spend the last hour downloading some lil movie, about 20KB...HOUR...20 KB...20 frikken KB, not right, when the dl started it was goin fine, when I came back a bit later its dropped under 1KB/min, WTF?, ive got a wicked comp and probably the best ISP, so this is fucked up, either the site went dead or my comp did, and in the end the movie was bogus, the speed is back up now but shit man, 20KB..was that so much? dealing with this after losing dsl ( which is on another computer i cant reach right now ) just makes you wanna bash your head onto the table, which i did a few times..am I the only one that wants to kill Bill Gates?
ok

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
why dont u get a fuckin job and spend the $40 on DSL

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
youknowthedeal said:
well then gt dsl :p i can get 700mb files in 6 hours on k-lite 2.4.3 the only people that need dial-up any way is old people that dont know how to do anything but get e-mail
Unfortunately that is me. :(

See, my parents just don't understand what is so bad about AOL, and I explain to them all the time, but they don't fucking listen.

I have be stuck with AOL, which is the slowest but most expensive fucking internet out there. Fuck AOL, and fuck my ignorant fucking parents!!!

_BlackWulf_

Banned - What an Asshat!
hmm...whats the point of editing if it doesn't do anything

magnolia

Postaholic
k, suckiest ass connection ever. It takes 40 min to download one song. I wish we had dsl. To be so lucky. My speed on this connection is 26.4Kbps. That's the biggest load of shit out there.

_BlackWulf_

Banned - What an Asshat!
You've obviously never seen the limit to retarded useless speed have you? a friend in pakistan had a 6.4Kbps, very few have ever heard of this gay piece o' crap, jeez he used to lag my LAN games whenever he played

morelos

lexicon incognito
hah.

i bought a 300 baud modem for my first computer. it was elite as fuck.

~ dan ~

(enter maxpower talking about 75- and 72-baud)