WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Did Bush make the world a safer place?

Pachyderm

I really did.
George Bush says he has made the world a safer place since 9/11. Do you believe this or is it bull shit?

Here's, my thoughts: Since 9/11, we have attacked a country that had nothing to do with that particular terror attack and have captured Saddam. Which, he was a bad man, but we did nothing to stop the terrorists like bin laden. Which in turn makes more people in the middle east hate us even more, and has brought an onslaught of terror all over the world.
We're worried about terrorists coming through Canada but what about Mexico's almost open border? Both Bush and Kerry have a new plan for illegal immigrants to work in the united states legally (which I can go both ways on the subject). This opens the border even more, and if anything we should be looking for trouble downsouth just as much, if not more than Canada. So Hell no, Bush hasn't made the world a safer and brighter place.

Bush only had one thing to say after the war...and it was this..............................oops.did bush make the world a safer place? fuck no.

tzedek

Original Member
I personally feel like there is no or very minimal terrorist threat to the USA. The Bush admin and Bush himself have tried to make it a case that we are more safe becuase of him, but I dont believe we were in danger in the first place. If we were really in a "War on terror" then Iraq would not have been one of the priorities. As for the entire world being a safer place that is a bunch of bs. Bush acts like he is the president of the entire world.

R

RedOctober

I think Bush has made the world much unsafer.
His actions rally potential terrorists from every Godforsaken Dumbshit Hellhole all across the muslim world. The Bush and Bin Laden clans have a long time common history, and they both help each other for their own benifit.

It really stinks like hell!

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tzedek said:
I personally feel like there is no or very minimal terrorist threat to the USA. The Bush admin and Bush himself have tried to make it a case that we are more safe becuase of him, but I dont believe we were in danger in the first place. If we were really in a "War on terror" then Iraq would not have been one of the priorities. As for the entire world being a safer place that is a bunch of bs. Bush acts like he is the president of the entire world.
tzedek,

Can you say 9/11? When they come to your country and blow up the symbols of Financial & Military strength, there is a very serious threat. Maybe you live no where near the 9/11 bombings, so it's not real to you. But I do, and it is.

Is the country safer than when Clinton was in office, hell no. Half the world hates us now. Hold on to your hats...

Sektor

Particinator
Bush making the world a safer place?!

That's The Biggest Load Of Horseshit I Have Ever Heard!!!

morelos

lexicon incognito
pachyderm - the world is not a safer place, and america is an order of magnitude less safe.

start a crusade, turn it into a full-on holy war. then unite the muslim world in bitter disgust at and hatred of america.

ugh. seriously, i could rant about this WITHOUT STOPPING from now until the election, and i still would not be done.

~ dan ~

Pachyderm

I really did.
morelos said:
or if that pretzel had gotten him...
too bad. That pretzel did go a long way, choking the vital air from him for 30 secs, giving him a black eye and making him fall down...man...too bad...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
too bad. That pretzel did go a long way, choking the vital air from him for 30 secs, giving him a black eye and making him fall down...man...too bad...
That was a hell of a pretzel when you think about it...

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
Pachyderm said:
George Bush says he has made the world a safer place since 9/11. Do you believe this or is it bull shit?

Here's, my thoughts: Since 9/11, we have attacked a country that had nothing to do with that particular terror attack and have captured Saddam. Which, he was a bad man, but we did nothing to stop the terrorists like bin laden. Which in turn makes more people in the middle east hate us even more, and has brought an onslaught of terror all over the world.
We're worried about terrorists coming through Canada but what about Mexico's almost open border? Both Bush and Kerry have a new plan for illegal immigrants to work in the united states legally (which I can go both ways on the subject). This opens the border even more, and if anything we should be looking for trouble downsouth just as much, if not more than Canada. So Hell no, Bush hasn't made the world a safer and brighter place.
i geuss its safe

Evil Eye

Flame Bait
I think that Bush didnt make the world a safer place.

Infact he made it worse.
1. He didnt get rid o' osama (who started this "war on terror")
2. Bush then proceded to attack Afganistan (who had nothing to do with Osama) which caused poverty and death.
3.Then he accused and captured saddam of having WMD's or WMM's (with out evidnce of his accusations)
4. attacked a SECCOND country which had nothing to do with 9/11 (and bush didnt make things any better by going against the UN).

All in all, there are more suiside bombers, more poverty, and there are now even more terrorist factions supporting Osama (who still hasnt been caught!)

Pachyderm

I really did.
All in all, there are more suiside bombers, more poverty, and there are now even more terrorist factions supporting Osama (who still hasnt been caught!)[/QUOTE]

Or maybe more publicized bombers....?

tzedek

Original Member
Evil Eye said:
I think that Bush didnt make the world a safer place.

Infact he made it worse.
1. He didnt get rid o' osama (who started this "war on terror")
2. Bush then proceded to attack Afganistan (who had nothing to do with Osama) which caused poverty and death.
3.Then he accused and captured saddam of having WMD's or WMM's (with out evidnce of his accusations)
4. attacked a SECCOND country which had nothing to do with 9/11 (and bush didnt make things any better by going against the UN).

All in all, there are more suiside bombers, more poverty, and there are now even more terrorist factions supporting Osama (who still hasnt been caught!)
1. true
2. false. Afganistan did harbor terrorists and support them. Also when we ousted the Taliban opium production began again so we did not cause as much poverty as we lifted them out of.
3. true
4. True but out of context. Just becuase Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or we havent found any evidence of that doesnt mean it was a happy go lucky kind of place. I do believe that with Saddam out of power at least some parts of the world are safer.

I agree with you that Bush didn't make the world a safer place, and if anything made it a more dangerous place. Bush did make America safer tho... safer for him to get away with all the things he wanted to do.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country."

-Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946)
Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe, President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and Hitler's designated successor, the second in command of the Third Reich.