WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Did he mean it?

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
My boyfriend and I got into a fight earlier today. I was at work and I had called him on my cellphone during my break. We exchanged words and hung up on eachother and all of the other childish bullshit. At one point during the argument he said he hated me and he referred to me as his ex-girlfriend numerous times. Then about a call later, he said "I love you, baby." I confided in a friend and he said chances are he didn't mean it because it was an argument. I'm sorry, argument or not, it's not something you say just because you're pissed. That's pretty f'n harsh, hurtful and hard to forget.

Do you think he meant it?

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Lost86 said:
My boyfriend and I got into a fight earlier today. I was at work and I had called him on my cellphone during my break. We exchanged words and hung up on eachother and all of the other childish bullshit. At one point during the argument he said he hated me and he referred to me as his ex-girlfriend numerous times. Then about a call later, he said "I love you, baby." I confided in a friend and he said chances are he didn't mean it because it was an argument. I'm sorry, argument or not, it's not something you say just because you're pissed. That's pretty f'n harsh, hurtful and hard to forget.

Sounds like high estrogen levels to me... in which case he meant it, but also meant the apology...

don't sweat him... it'll turn out for the best one way or another.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
I used to fight ALL THE TIME with my ex on the cell phone while i was at work. I thought we were the only fuckin retards to do that, but now im glad to see there are other fuckin retarded people like us in the world.

Anyway, the end result of this story is she kicked my ass to the curb and I will forever have a small burning hatred for her in my heart.

Hopefully, your experience will be different than mine.

Cherio.

I don't think he meant to say he hated you, I know that I get into a fight and at a certain point I just don't want to lose the fight anymore so I say the meanest shit I can, then feel bad and apologize. I think he probably was going through that. Don't excuse his behavior, but don't hold it against him, if at all possible

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
tbsrk. Lmfao. Yeah, it's quite retarded. I'm in the situation where I could kick him to the curb, but I'm not evil enough to do that. He's been kicked out enough, starting with his own damn mother choosing this punkass guy as a boyfriend instead of her own son.

chuck, he didn't apologize. He rarely apologizes, and if he does, five minutes later it's back to the same old shit.

Another thing he called me is a controlling bitch. Sorry, but when I go to work for 8+ hours dealing with these POS rednecks all day and being someone's bitch, when I get home and the few simple chores that have been given aren't done, but instead spent the entire day perfecting his strategies on Starcraft, I get a little pissy. You would feel the same, no?

Anthem, I used to do the same. Anything I knew would hurt the other person or really piss them off, I'd say it. Thankfully I don't do that anymore, but he seems to be in that little stage.

Another thing is he's almost a year younger than me. That's self-explanatory in my opinion.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Lost86 said:
tbsrk. Lmfao. Yeah, it's quite retarded. I'm in the situation where I could kick him to the curb, but I'm not evil enough to do that. He's been kicked out enough, starting with his own damn mother choosing this punkass guy as a boyfriend instead of her own son.
Now, if that doesn't say redneck, I don't know what does.

Kick his ass to the curb! I would never, ever say mean and spiteful shit while in an arguement. That is just immature. Plus, you work, and deal with rednecks (I live in Georgia, and I know how hard it is to deal with those people), and he plays Starcraft? Fuck that. If I were you, I'd be kicking his ass out super fast.

By the way. It seems as though he is living with you correct? This is because his mother kicked him out. So, one can arrive at the conclusion, if he is mean to you, and breaks up with you, he will be kicked out of your house. I think this is why he was calling you back five minutes later, apologizing like a little boy. He doesn't wanna have to find a new place to play starcraft.

R

RedOctober

Lost86 said:

Well.. I know some stupid macho's that bitch their wife over the phone when their collegues are listening...
And get a bang on their head, when they come home. ;)

(Don't try this at home)

Disclaimer: It was sarcasm..
A way of speaking, by hyping the expression a bit.
Please don't take it litterally.. Oops... spelling joke... literally... ;)

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
Fire Z, I live in Georgia as well. Unfortunately I'm stuck here until I find a real job. I agree, it's very immature, mainly the reason I quit. He was originally living with me because his mother kicked him out. Then he went to three other people's houses, all ended up the same, him being kicked out. He doesn't live with just me, however, but with my father and brother. My father supports him and the reason I get so bitchy at the chores not being done, because in my opinion, that's his only way right now of showing thanks to my father.

HIS father is an incompetent piece of shit who can't do such a simple task, like sending him his social security card, so he can get a job.

"He doesn't wanna have to find a new place to play starcraft."

I used to live in Georgia for 12 years (the torture!), then moved to Missouri for two years. During the two years, I met my boyfriend. Somewhere in there he started living with me. Then the dick we were living with let the house foreclose, forcing us to move back to Georgia. My parents allowed him to come.

In almost every argument, as small as they may be, he threatens to move and go back "home" to Missouri. I tell him to shut the f up with that already, it's getting old. He wants to go back so he can live with one of his pot-head, alcohol, proud to be redneck friends, with no rules and complete freedom. So I'm sure me kicking him to the curb would make him quite happy.

Gotta stop hes in the room

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Shit, you know what the happened to the last girlfriend that threatened to leave, or whatever. I told her to go ahead and leave, and that there were plenty more fish in the sea. I don't play those petty games of pity. I'd say let him go back to Missouri; and ya know, have that complete freedom to fuck up his life. :thumbsup:

he's called you his ex before no doubt but now that he's got it out he'll just keep denying it

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
poke him in the eye with a sharp stick then say - "you know what that was for"

that way, if he knows what it is for, he'll leave you alone, and if he doesn;'t know, then he'll spend alot of time trying to work it out, in which case he'll leave you alone...

see, you can't go wrong with this strategy!!

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
RedOctober actually completed a whole post without referring to Americans collectively or saying something about evil george bush....HOOORAYYYYYYYYYYY! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Easty

Click click boom
sounds to me like it was a desparate attempt to patch things up, so in this case i would say no, he didnt sincerely mean it. i would ask him about it.

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
no chance, he didnt mean it, its nothing to break up over.
ive gotten into some pretty harsh arguements, and ive felt bad and realized what i said was a mistake, dont take it to heart hun.

No matter how much flak i get from my gf during arguments, i can never bring myself to say anything harsh or hurtful to her. I don't exactly understand why this guy doesn't do the same :/

bnccoder

Postaholic
Lost86 said:
Another thing he called me is a controlling bitch.
This is a bad thing why? Take it as a compliment. We need controling bitches they make life interesting with the constant power struggle. With the "I hate you" thing, most everything we say has a subconscious meaning to it.

Fire_ze_Missles said:
there were plenty more fish in the sea.
She wants a man not a fish.

French guy #1 "Fire Ze Missiles."
French guy #2: "But I'm le tierd."
French guy #1 "Then take a nap. Then Fire Ze Missiles."

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
You're letting this guy get by with disrespecting you and your father. If you want to let him talk to you like that that's one thing but since you're father is letting him stay in his house because of you then you should make sure that he shows your father as least as much respect as it takes to do whatever chores he has to do. Not too much to ask for free room and board I don't think.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
It sounds to me like this guy is going through some psychological problems right now. He's used to causing trouble and that's how he knows to get attention. He treats you like shit, feels badly about it but doesn't know how to apologise. He keeps the feelings at arms length to protect himself. All he knows is how to piss people off, but it's not really because he's an asshole. He probably didn't get much love from his parents so rebelling against anyone that cares about him is the only way he knows how to get the only love he understands. His life is in turnmoil so that's what he creates. If he truly knew what a loving, trusting relationship is like, he wouldn't be treating you and you father the way he does. I'm not saying excuse him because of his psycho trauma, but maybe this might bring some insight as to why he's doing it. Don't excuse him, but try to get him to talk about it. Sometimes that alone can help even a little.

he was prolly just saying the first the that came to mind in order to have some sort of arguement bc women always have sumthin new to say and guys just start to repeat themselves