WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Discrimination

bnccoder

Postaholic
I don't mind gay people so much. Just as long as they don't hit on me and don't publicly draw attention to their sexual preference I have no problem with them. I've known many who you never would have known in public. I will associate with that type. The type that doesn't force their beliefs on everyone else and doesn't come off as a slap in the face when you meet them that they are gay. If they can act like normal people in public, then they can be treated as so. If not then they have no place in society. Being racist applies here. There is a difference between an African American and a ni**** and between a Mexican American and a we****. The difference is all in how they come off. If they act like their race has been treated differently and complain about stereotypes but at the same time are enforcing these stereotypes in their actions then yes they disserve to be treated differently. Different cultures and races aren’t bad in general. Everyone should be judged one person at a time. I might not like a group of people who happen to be one race for the most part but that doesn't mean I don't like the race. I have many back and Mexican friends. There is however a difference between the people identified by the racist terms and the whole race. I don't know how to state this any better but I will respond if needed. African Americans aren’t ******s they are people. Some of the race tends to give the others a bad name. It's like with people in the south. Some are educated and sophisticated while others are backwoods and live in trailers. This doesn't give anyone the right to call every person from the south "trailer trash.” It simply isn't like that with any race or culture. Homosexuals shouldn't be called fags as a group, African Americans shouldn't be called ******s, and Mexican Americans shouldn't be called wetbacks. The individual disserves the term not the group. If people are going to be discriminatory then they should at least take the time to look into the culture and the people before classifying them as a whole.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Yes, because if a person is obviously gay, then that is just them trying to push their beliefs on you. Just like every time I see soem fruity-ass straight couple walking down the street it makes me want to run screaming into the arms of a naked woman so I can fornicate over and over again against my will. I also think there's the same problem with white folk that think since they don't understand discrimination and never will, that they actually have some basis for critisizing the way that other people react to discrimination. I know that I know exactly what it feels like to be black in America because I saw half of "Roots" once. Yeah, it's kind of like being asian or arabic (I saw Harold and Kumar too) only really it's got a twist of being Puerto Rican, which I understand also because I am Chileno and every white American can tell you that we all look the same anyway. Oh yeah, and I´m living in Mexico where everybody thinks I´m white. Yep, I have to totally agree with suburban white kids that think they know what minorities in America have experienced.

Bravo, you get an A on this one... Although you can ask me in B&T what the A actually stands for.

I know what you mean guys, I'm gay myself but I dont flame. In fact, I cant stand flamers. If they could all be lined up and shot I'd do it. If a guy is attracted to another guy, why would you yourself be flaming? Would it not be unnattractive to other queers? You're gay, so what? So are millions of other fags. Get over it and take it up the ass or some shit.

Grettir

"Let's get out of heor!"
Yup I have to agree with you, I actually hate people that only think stereptypically...shit, here in Iceland it's : "Blonde is stupid" and so on even though the are not ofcourse, but its the general thought that it is...

Grettir said:
Yup I have to agree with you, I actually hate people that only think stereptypically...shit, here in Iceland it's : "Blonde is stupid" and so on even though the are not ofcourse, but its the general thought that it is...
The "blondes are stupid" thing is everywhere. It's mainly just a joke that got way out of control. However, I agree stereotyping is just ignorant. Yet, technically everyone one stereotypes in one way or another, whether they realize it or not. It happens, just a fact or life. Wrong or not, very few people will ever change their stereotypical ways.

Descrimination

You see a guy walking down a street - he looks at a girl and smiles. You see the guy behind him walking down the street - smiles at the girl and keeps walking.

Which one of these two gentlemen are gay? You can't tell because they both smile at the girl and neither of them speak to her. The guy in front smiles at the girl because he IS attracted to her, and the guy at the back smiles at the girl because hes a friendly guy - but hes walkin behind the guy with the cute ass.

Which is publicly displaying their sexual preference? Both of them are...so why can't a gay man publicly display their sexual preference when a straight man can?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
because homosexuality isn't publicly accepted... Everyone likes to say they don't mind gay people, but feel uncomfortable talking about it IMO...

Hmmm

publicly accepted
I've often wondered exactly what public acceptance is. In Saudi Arabia and places of such, the publically accept the removal of ones head for murder or removal of ones hands for theivery. And yet here in the UK we would NEVER have such a thing now in our civilised society.

But, where a sexual preference is concerned why is this not publically acceptable in whichever country you live in? Especially considering it is not a disease, it is not murder and it is in no way physically abrasive to those surrounding the people involved.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Messerschmit said:
I've often wondered exactly what public acceptance is. In Saudi Arabia and places of such, the publically accept the removal of ones head for murder or removal of ones hands for theivery. And yet here in the UK we would NEVER have such a thing now in our civilised society.

But, where a sexual preference is concerned why is this not publically acceptable in whichever country you live in? Especially considering it is not a disease, it is not murder and it is in no way physically abrasive to those surrounding the people involved.
what not being publicy accepted means is that it's taboo

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Messerschmit said:
Because most of us live in this thing called reality. Reality is generally run by the majority. The majority of the world sees being a homosexual as being "wrong". Many of these people DO in fact see it as a disease. I tend to refer to these people as narrow minded fucktards but that's life.

Oh, and thank you for reviving a dead thread. It's always nice to know there's one more person that just HAS to kick the horse.

Err yeah..

How very nice of you to say so - but if you didn't notice already - I'm actually brand new to these forums - descrimination in any given form is offensive to me and to those around me, therefore as you have so kindly commented I feel as though the horse needed a good thump. :p

In sayin that I didn't actually realise the date on the post..

So if it takes another 100 years to show the majority that we gay people are just normal, down-to-earth kinda people (yes, i know there are exceptions) - then so be it - I personally think it a disgrace that in this day and age we cannot live our lives the way we feel we can.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Well, since the horse is getting beat again anyway...

Messerschmit said:
So if it takes another 100 years to show the majority that we gay people are just normal, down-to-earth kinda people (yes, i know there are exceptions)
That's the funny thing isn't it? The world is full of bigoted, biased, insollent assholes and the gay community has been made to feel like they should look UP to that ideal? What's funnier yet is the gay community is already part of that group.

In other words, try spending the next 100 years to show the world there is no "normal" people. We're all fucking depraved wierdos.

ugslug

Banned - What an Asshat!
bnccoder said:
I don't mind gay people so much. Just as long as they don't hit on me and don't publicly draw attention to their sexual preference I have no problem with them. I've known many who you never would have known in public. I will associate with that type. The type that doesn't force their beliefs on everyone else and doesn't come off as a slap in the face when you meet them that they are gay. If they can act like normal people in public, then they can be treated as so. If not then they have no place in society. Being racist applies here. There is a difference between an African American and a ni**** and between a Mexican American and a we****. The difference is all in how they come off. If they act like their race has been treated differently and complain about stereotypes but at the same time are enforcing these stereotypes in their actions then yes they disserve to be treated differently. Different cultures and races aren’t bad in general. Everyone should be judged one person at a time. I might not like a group of people who happen to be one race for the most part but that doesn't mean I don't like the race. I have many back and Mexican friends. There is however a difference between the people identified by the racist terms and the whole race. I don't know how to state this any better but I will respond if needed. African Americans aren’t ******s they are people. Some of the race tends to give the others a bad name. It's like with people in the south. Some are educated and sophisticated while others are backwoods and live in trailers. This doesn't give anyone the right to call every person from the south "trailer trash.” It simply isn't like that with any race or culture. Homosexuals shouldn't be called fags as a group, African Americans shouldn't be called ******s, and Mexican Americans shouldn't be called wetbacks. The individual disserves the term not the group. If people are going to be discriminatory then they should at least take the time to look into the culture and the people before classifying them as a whole.
Exactly!! If the fags stay in the closet its ok because its always there and alwys will be! When you get Rosie fat ass odonnel and Misses Elton John promoting it the children and feable minded think its alright to be queer! Plus all the ****** preaching rappers are the main cause of the word ******! If they were to show respect and tolerances this wouldnt happen! Im from the south and blacks down here are more respectful to themselves and other people we all live and work togethet! But when u get into the big citiesATLANTA NY PHILLY and the metro polises thats when u get scumbags who dont work no ethics and live a life of hard rapping crime! They live there because of the public assistance the protection of big government, the hand outs and they get kicked out of good communities!!!!

Mod edit: Everyone read the above post. Posts like this will get you banned. Permanently. Ugslug didn't even get a warning. This post crossed the NO FUCKING RACISM LINE way too far. Don't be a douche like him.

Chad

Banned - What an Asshat!
ugslug said:
Exactly!! If the fags stay in the closet its ok because its always there and alwys will be! When you get Rosie fat ass odonnel and Misses Elton John promoting it the children and feable minded think its alright to be queer! Plus all the ****** preaching rappers are the main cause of the word ******! If they were to show respect and tolerances this wouldnt happen! Im from the south and blacks down here are more respectful to themselves and other people we all live and work togethet! But when u get into the big citiesATLANTA NY PHILLY and the metro polises thats when u get scumbags who dont work no ethics and live a life of hard rapping crime! They live there because of the public assistance the protection of big government, the hand outs and they get kicked out of good communities!!!!

GOD DAMNIT STOP BEING RACIST

ugslug said:
Exactly!! If the fags stay in the closet its ok because its always there and alwys will be! When you get Rosie fat ass odonnel and Misses Elton John promoting it the children and feable minded think its alright to be queer!

Dude, you are REALLY starting to piss me off. Keep up your posts like the one you just posted, including your racial slurs, and your days will likely be numbered around here. And that, young one, will be good for us ALL.

mnky

Christian
I think ugslug's being sarcastic. Or he's scarily deranged.
Anyhow, I agree with bnccoder; I have no problem with gay people as people, I just think that their gay sexual acts are wrong. Nobody should judge someone solely from one aspect of their life.