WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Disfunction.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Is there really a such thing as a fully non dysfunctional family? Seriously!
If I had to guess I would say that it does not exist..Every family is fucked up in one way or another....I don't care what U or any one else says. There is some one that is dysfunctional directly related, or indirect, that affects your household in some way...Only reason I say is because of all the shit you see, and hear about how to be a better person, and that people can change for the better....My family is so Fucked up it's a wonder that I'm not...All drug addicts, thieves, liars, and HYPOCRITES..I could go on and on, but why? Life ain't fair? right? So deal with it...Now that I'm older sure I'm a little off, so what. Aren't we all......

So what I wanna know is, are you dysfunctional, or is your family? Wether it's your Mom and Pop, cousins, aunts, uncles, or what the fuck....

And If you are mad at your mom and pa for imposing rules on you, SAVE it for another thread....

I'm mad at my mom because she's narcasistic and see's me for a 6-year-old which was how old i was when she skipped out on me,my brother and my dad to go get ass-fucked by a guy she was cheating on my dad with.I hate my brother because he's narcasistic too and he said he wants me dead and that he hates me so he can just kiss my ass the fat bastard.and he used my dead step-brother in insults for my stepmom when she KINDLY asked his girlfriend to move out and he got mad because he just lost his fuck toy and he did all sorts of shit that takes a long long long ass time to get into and i hate my other brother and only sister because they spred lies about my stepmom and my dad to all sorts of important people in teh area we live in so now our repution is kinda shot.I also hate my mom because she desided she wanted children when my dad was 52 so now i have a 65 year old dad that is not gonna be around much longer thanks to her fat ass.thats the jist of my family.we have the two narcasistic people living in one house and we have me,my dad and my stepmom living in one house trying to be sane when we get harassing phone calls from people we don't know.and not to mention i have a stupid mother who will not stop calling me and leaving me messages about how i need to tell her why i wont talk to her.i have already told her countless times why.she's so damn stupid.sorry i just wanted to share some weird shit about my "family" if you want the rest then maybe I'll reveal more as time goes on....dunno yet

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
All families are dysfunctional, it's just a matter of how dysfunctional they are.

My family seems pretty dysfunctional. We all hate my one sisters. Seriously, we love her, but we hate her at the same time... but we don't harbor much animosity between the other family members.

"Is there really a such thing as a fully non dysfunctional family?"

Somehow i really don’t think so. I think that in some shape or form there is dysfunction in every family be it to any certain degree-that is in the eye of the beholder and Humanity is inconsistent. See what I’m trying to say here is that most of the time a kid really doesn’t know that being subjected to those things is bad if he grew up that way. I certainly did not bat an eye when my father and mother were cheating on each other and having cocaine parties while my sister and i slept. When i was very young i didn’t care and only started finding out that these things were wrong when i started going to school. I am no exception to the rule and i don’t think any of my friends are because most of the friends i have grew in the same environment i have-Fuct. But than again that’s my perspective. Plus how fun would life be without the drama eh? lol

your family's normal... every other family in this damn world is fucked up.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Unforgiven said:
your family's normal... every other family in this damn world is fucked up.
Define Normal.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
Define Normal.
The opposite of abnormal. duh.

Just kidding. actually, I dont think america should continue to define a family as disfunctional, for the reasons you say. By defining a family as disfunctional, we are setting them up for a downfall and the belief that their family will not find peace.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
The opposite of abnormal. duh.

Just kidding. actually, I dont think america should continue to define a family as disfunctional, for the reasons you say. By defining a family as disfunctional, we are setting them up for a downfall and the belief that their family will not find peace.
Yeah fuck it. Let's just say were all fully functional. (in the bedroom)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
Yeah fuck it. Let's just say were all fully functional. (in the bedroom)

Pervert.

No, seriously, it is like calling a child stupid. If you do, they will believe it and will be that way becasue that is what they believe is expected from them.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
Pervert.

No, seriously, it is like calling a child stupid. If you do, they will believe it and will be that way becasue that is what they believe is expected from them.
Correct. but we are old enough to decipher for ourselves. Besides we all suffer from some kind of dysfunction...It's not expected of any one to be dysfunctional, no matter what kinda of fucked up way u were raised....U know that....It's not like U wake up one day and say "from this day forward, fuck my whole family, it's ass kickin's, drugs, and dysfunction all the way around"! Your raised that way....so now you can say U would'nt know the difference... Because U went show any other way..

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
Correct. but we are old enough to decipher for ourselves. Besides we all suffer from some kind of dysfunction...It's not expected of any one to be dysfunctional...U know that....It's not like U wake up one day and say "from this day forward, fuck my whole family, it's ass kickin's, drugs, and dysfunction all the way around"! Your raised that way....so now you can say U would'nt know the difference... Because U went show any other way..
I defiently understand that. I am saying that if we continue to classify families as dysfunctional, we are just giving them an excuse to be that way.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
I defiently understand that. I am saying that if we continue to classify families as dysfunctional, we are just giving them an excuse to be that way.
SURE. But it goes deeper than that. and what should we call them, normal?
I'll give U all the money in the world if u can find a normal person in this world,,,Then tell me who is normal and by who's standards?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
SURE. But it goes deeper than that. and what should we call them, normal?
I'll give U all the money in the world if u can find a normal person in this world,,,Then tell me who is normal and by who's standards?

Society defines normal. I hate society, so therefore I hate normal.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
Society defines normal. I hate society, so therefore I hate normal.
No such thing as NORMAL...

That word should be taken out of every language.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Normal, as defined by popular culture:

A male "sk8r" who is about 6' tall, 170 pounds, who listens to anything on MTV, and says "gay" and "fag" a lot. Wears Volcom, Element, or any other "popular" shirts, as well as Dickie's pants. White and christian (but hypocritical, as christianity by nature tends to be).

A female who likes "sk8r" boys. 5'6" - 5'8" and 120 pounds. Wears shorts and skirts that are too short, or anything from Hollister, and carries a purse that is impossibly small. Also, she's a slut.

That's how they want us to think "normal" is, in my opinion. But its a personal thing, to be interpreted by all.

magnolia

Postaholic
TwisT said:
Define Normal.
n.
Something normal; the standard: scored close to the normal.
The usual or expected state, form, amount, or degree.

Correspondence to a norm.
An average.
Mathematics. A perpendicular, especially a perpendicular to a line tangent to a plane curve or to a plane tangent to a space curve.

Hehe. I'm such a smartass. :p

anti-movielife

self medicated
normal is overrated...its just like being average and who wants to be average...even if the average person doesn't think they are...average...its all just a vicious cycle...go shoot someone for fun:gun:

normal is a broken word. i agree there is no such thing. It only comes in handy with words like statistical, general, common, and all-purpose. lol.

example:
Here are the statistical measures of normality that will be kind of general but are needed when the common outcome equates all-purpose normalness.

bla bla, ramble.

lol