WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Disney Plans Tron Remake

Jung

???
Premium
SciFi channel article.
Post on Slashdot.
Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of Tron, the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the parallel world of a computer program, Variety reported.

The original movie, written and directed by Steven Lisberger, was considered ahead of its time. Klugman and Sterntha (Warrior) feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo, the trade paper reported.

Sternthal told the trade paper that the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet.
I'm looking forward to this, hopefully they'll do a good job on it. It'll definately be interesting to see it redone with current SFX and CG technology.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
That sounds pretty cool , I dont remember any movie called Tron, Ill check that out.

Idk if they wil ldo a good job, Im expecting charlie and the choclate factory to blow, Nothing really beats the originals.

I've been hearing about that Tron remake for quite sometime.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
oh man, theyre redoing Charlie? That first movie was great, Gene Wilder is the man. They better not fuck that up. i'm looking forward to Indiana Jones 4. Cmooooon Harrison!

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I just hope the remake isn't a fuck up, like usual remakes. I mean, He-Man was brought back to life, and what happened, it was bullshit!!! Let's hope this is a good one.

Bullshyt said:
I just hope the remake isn't a fuck up, like usual remakes. I mean, He-Man was brought back to life, and what happened, it was bullshit!!! Let's hope this is a good one.
It'll just have alot of flashy special effects.

but it will suck.