WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Disney World mishap!

I was racing at a local motocross track. On my 250, I go around this turn with the throttle wide open (can everyone picture this?). I come out of the corner and my throttle is stuck and there is a double double (two jumps in a row). 250's are pretty powerful bikes unless compared to a 500 (obviously). I managed to hold on (barely) on the first double, but when I land, the one hand that stayed on flew off, so I am now sitting on my back fender. Keep in mind, I'm in forth gear, in the midrange of the powerband right where my bike is starting to pull, the throttle is still stuck (I'm probably going 60 mph). My suspension compresses as my bike goes up the face of the jump, and then it rebounds shooting me off the front. I land on my feet, completely collapsed, cracked my helmet, tore my ACL on my left leg, and I broke my right foot. We were going to Disney World in three days. Talk about tiring. Every part sucked except getting to go the front of the line right away.

Later

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
noslenac said:
I managed to hold on (barely) on the first double, but when I land, the one hand that stayed on flew off, so I am now sitting on my back fender. Keep in mind, I'm in forth gear, in the midrange of the powerband right where my bike is starting to pull, the throttle is still stuck (I'm probably going 60 mph).
Whew. For a second there, I thought you were going to end up with a tire up your ass. I've seen that happen, and it's NOT a pretty sight.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
who wants to go to disneyland anyway...it has all been ruined by new things and policys and stuff..disneyland is overrated. But eh sometimes you shouldnt care in that kind of stuff..becouse then you get like me and get all freaky. watch out for that, becouse there can only be one of me or two..depends on how schiz im at the moment

noslenac said:
I go around this turn with the throttle wide open (can everyone picture this?). I come out of the corner and my throttle is stuck
Quote from Australian Roads and Traffic Authorities motorcycle handbook:

"If your throttle sticks while in motion what do you do?"
"Immediately squeeze the clutch lever, cut off the engine at the killswitch, and apply the brakes"

As many times as i've read that i still dont believe i'd come to do that in that scenario. Guess you're kinda lucky, it could've been worse. Thank god you were wearing a helmet at least ay?

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Stardust said:
who wants to go to disneyland anyway...it has all been ruined by new things and policys and stuff..disneyland is overrated. But eh sometimes you shouldnt care in that kind of stuff..becouse then you get like me and get all freaky. watch out for that, becouse there can only be one of me or two..depends on how schiz im at the moment
god only knows what you are talking about... :confused:

Youchies... and I wonder why I don't drive bikes with ppls.. that could have been even more painful that it probobly was. Shit, I would have pissed my panties!

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
ChilianFuckFace said:
god only knows what you are talking about... :confused:
he tried to...he gave up....went on a vacation :happysad:

bnccoder

Postaholic
DIZNUTS said:
he tried to...he gave up....went on a vacation :happysad:
After they lost his stuff last time, he decided to ride in the suitcases. Last I heard they lost them again and he was in Boca.

Descent

Hella Constipated
noslenac said:
I was racing at a local motocross track. On my 250, I go around this turn with the throttle wide open (can everyone picture this?). I come out of the corner and my throttle is stuck and there is a double double (two jumps in a row). 250's are pretty powerful bikes unless compared to a 500 (obviously). I managed to hold on (barely) on the first double, but when I land, the one hand that stayed on flew off, so I am now sitting on my back fender. Keep in mind, I'm in forth gear, in the midrange of the powerband right where my bike is starting to pull, the throttle is still stuck (I'm probably going 60 mph). My suspension compresses as my bike goes up the face of the jump, and then it rebounds shooting me off the front. I land on my feet, completely collapsed, cracked my helmet, tore my ACL on my left leg, and I broke my right foot. We were going to Disney World in three days. Talk about tiring. Every part sucked except getting to go the front of the line right away.

Later
That's pretty fucking awesome. It reminds of the days when my bro and me would play Motocross Championship and Road Rash 3 the whole day, because we were underage, and our parents still won't let us have dirt bikes :D.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
when I was seven I faked having a broken leg (okay, it was sprained) and I went on like 200 rides that day.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
noslenac said:

Later
at least that's a legitimate reason to go to the front of the line. i used to work as a manager at six flags in the rides department and so many fat fucks would come through the handicap line claiming to have "physical ailments". I felt like saying, "the only physical ailment you have is the fact that you're too damn fat to get up and feed yourself now". i hate when fat people make excuses.