WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

dlink seems to blow

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
so i got a dlink wireless router and it seems like it blows some major monkey nuts... i had a usr router before that worked great till i overworked it.. killed it really but never the less.. so i bought a 802.11g dlink router and it needs to be reset like every 6 hours... its gay.... its more unstable then charles manson on crack...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
If it's the D-Link DI-624 router, return it now. It's an absolute piece of trash. I've tried numerous firmware revisions and other mystical tricks and tips. All to no prevail. The router continues to lockup/reset/reboot itself at random intervals.

My solution was to replace it with a LinkSys WRT54GS utilizing the SveaSoft firmware. No more issues and remarkable signal strength and distance with the wireless now.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I feel your pain. I had a Belkin 802.11B router that fucking sucked nuts, and had to be reset three times a day, BECAUSE IT WOULD FUCKING OVERHEAT.

It finally kicked the bucket, and we got a free Dell TrueMobile 2400 with my father's laptop.

What a piece of shit! That is, until we upgraded the firmware.

Now it's the most stable router EVER. Going on 6 months without needing to be reset in ANY way.

Absolutely amazing. It's range is also killer, and it's mondo fast.

Look into that if you need mission critical shit.

It's the first good thing Dell has made in a LONG time...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
BRiT said:
If it's the D-Link DI-624 router, return it now. It's an absolute piece of trash. I've tried numerous firmware revisions and other mystical tricks and tips. All to no prevail. The router continues to lockup/reset/reboot itself at random intervals.

My solution was to replace it with a LinkSys WRT54GS utilizing the SveaSoft firmware. No more issues and remarkable signal strength and distance with the wireless now.
DI-524 actually... friggin garbage...