WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do we need Religion ?

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
607
0
0
#1
Well okay we had several discussions on that but I need your comment for a referat I have to do at school ! So its serious !
I think you guys out there can definately help me !!
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#2
1ct-on! said:
Do we need Religion ?
Cant be answered yes or no. Some people depend on it, others dispise it.

For me no. The point of it is beyond me. I understand why people do believe in it, and have no problem with that as long as they don't try stuff it down my throat.

</rant>
 
10,772
55
253
#3
</rant> said:
Cant be answered yes or no. Some people depend on it, others dispise it.

For me no. The point of it is beyond me. I understand why people do believe in it, and have no problem with that as long as they don't try stuff it down my throat.

</rant>

Then you'd be a good Buddhist. Mostly.

Without religion, the world would be chaos. If we found out aliens were in fact real, it would make religion look really bad in most places. Religion wrong?? = Chaos.

Let's look at the bible. I don't believe in God myself (Or I'm just not completely sure about it yet) but I trust in some of it's ethics as a guide to moral ettiquette. It's just another thing to guilt us and help keep us in line.
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#4
I'm religous, I need to think that there is some external force acting on earth besides our own free will.
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#5
HavokChylde said:
Then you'd be a good Buddhist. Mostly.

Without religion, the world would be chaos. If we found out aliens were in fact real, it would make religion look really bad in most places. Religion wrong?? = Chaos.

Let's look at the bible. I don't believe in God myself (Or I'm just not completely sure about it yet) but I trust in some of it's ethics as a guide to moral ettiquette. It's just another thing to guilt us and help keep us in line.
True, but I think moral guidelines can be founded without the need for religion. It boils down to what is right and wrong at the end of the day, which can be determined without the use of a book.

It's not like because religion says rape is bad, if there was no religion we'd all rape each other. Good morals are good morals. You either have them or you dont.

If aliens do exist (the chances of us being the only life form(s) in the universe is very slim) I can see all the religous nuts going absolutely insane. Now that would be fucking funny.

As long as they came nowhere near me that is!

</rant>
 
10,772
55
253
#6
</rant> said:
True, but I think moral guidelines can be founded without the need for religion. It boils down to what is right and wrong at the end of the day, which can be determined without the use of a book.

It's not like because religion says rape is bad, if there was no religion we'd all rape each other. Good morals are good morals. You either have them or you dont.
Then you have to remember religion has been around a long time, and the less intelligent of our species long ago, who weren't learning or teaching religion, probably did rape each other. If religion never came about, then we probably wouldn't still be around as long as we have, including alot of other circumstances of course, but I'm putting it as simply as possible. No coffee yet.
If aliens do exist (the chances of us being the only life form(s) in the universe is very slim- NO SHIT, WHOLE OTHER TOPIC THOUGH.) I can see all the religous nuts going absolutely insane. Now that would be fucking funny.

As long as they came nowhere near me that is!

</rant>
Lol.
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#7
HavokChylde said:
Then you have to remember religion has been around a long time, and the less intelligent of our species long ago, who weren't learning or teaching religion, probably did rape each other.
Maybe, but they were probably more worried about getting raped by Dinosaurs. Wait, we didn't evolve we were placed here. Or were we?

See avatar.

</rant>
 
10,772
55
253
#8
</rant> said:
Maybe, but they were probably more worried about getting raped by Dinosaurs. Wait, we didn't evolve we were placed here. Or were we?

See avatar.

</rant>

Well, God made man from dirt, and woman from us, so women are less than dirt.......


I'd rather be evolved primordial ooze. :thumbsup:
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#9
HavokChylde said:
Well, God made man from dirt, and woman from us, so women are less than dirt.......


I'd rather be evolved primordial ooze. :thumbsup:
He should have made all women dirty. I'm glad mine is!

</rant>
 
10,772
55
253
#10
</rant> said:
He should have mad all women dirty. I'm glad mine is!

</rant>


Ok, so I guess in the end 1ct-on!, you need religion, but you also need a dirty woman. Like the Pink Floyd song.
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#11
HavokChylde said:
Ok, so I guess in the end 1ct-on!, you need religion, but you also need a dirty woman. Like the Pink Floyd song.
That should be his conclusion for his report.

</rant>
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#14
dustinzgirl said:
you guys dont take anything seriously do ya?
My first posts usually are, depending on the subject.

</rant>
 

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
2,429
0
0
#15
One of Albert Einstien's worst fear was that humanity would develope technology along faster than its ethics, spirituality ,e.i.: its ability to handle the technology. That's were religion fits in: it helps hinder our spiritual, physic and intellectual delopement. God fears that we'll become smart enough to revolt against (and strong enough to pull it off), so religion was created to hold our developement at bay, and keep us behaving like good sheep. :thumbsdn:
Oh yeah, I like women that are clean of body, and dirty of mind. :thumbsup:
 

</rant>

Tenderony
528
0
0
#16
Woodreaux said:
Oh yeah, I like women that are clean of body, and dirty of mind. :thumbsup:
I hope your not implying my gf doesn't wash. She showers daily FYI.

</rant>
 

Bibas

That's Illogical.
275
0
0
#17
I won't be original - i guess people really need to believe in some external force, that really helps them.
If you have some kind of a god (ex. our God), and you want something to work out, you have problems, etc; you always have someone/something to pray to. You can always ask for things, beg for someone's life and so on...
...on the other hand, if someone will die, if something'll go wrong, then you always have someone/something who you can blame, who you can call a cruel son-of-a-bitch.
Personally, i believe in God, though i don't believe that he gives a shit about what's goin' on on Earth.
And about different kinds of religion, i must agree with </rant> here : i don't care about what do people believe in, all is fine by me - as far, as they won't try to throw it into my face.
 

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
607
0
0
#18
HavokChylde said:
Ok, so I guess in the end 1ct-on!, you need religion, but you also need a dirty woman. Like the Pink Floyd song.
well i alway liked your thoughts !!!

drity horny woman for the religios ones !!! Wooow guess what in this case Jesus Kuntz Superstar should hav got many drity horny woman !!! a always kew that real Jesus was a Playa !! :thumbsup:

be religious so you gotta have dirty woman !!! ;)
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,980
1,398
487
#19
I'd say no, religion isn't needed. Nobody needs religion to survive, although some think they do. I won't get into the entire discussion though, it's been said time and time again. I'll just say this: Spirituality isn't bad, per se, but religion is; religion divides people and creates feelings of shame, fear and inadequacy. It often breeds hate, as well.
 

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
607
0
0
#20
this is right !! Religion divides !!! and is insane when we all look at the former spanish missionaries !!!
-> Rape womans , so that the Children of the Heats got a christian fahter , and that in gods name !!!!!!!!