WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do women purposefully act helpless some times?

Do women purposefully act helpless some times?

• Total voters

zethon

Awesome Guy!
I swear to god that my woman will some times take the most mundane task and treat it as performing brain surgery. It's like they function knowing that "a man will fix my problem" and of course that's exactly what we do!

"Oh noes, I can't figure out how to order pizza!"
"Oh noes, I can't figure out how Uber works!"
"Oh noes, how do I repair this thoracic aortic dissection?!"

Fucking worthless.

BridgetteH

Particinator
Well the same shit can be said about certain men as well. Some people only function dependent on another -- this isn't a gender-specific phenomenon, dude. :solved:

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
I totally do this on purpose sometimes. Other times I'm literally clueless and actually do need help.

It's too bad that after 7 years, he knows the difference. I still try to do it, even though it's bratty.

@BridgetteH "how do I make this food?" "It's too bad I can't cook." Yeah... You survived by yourself for how many years in the military and didn't starve?? Nice try, buddy.

BridgetteH

Particinator
I never said it was a bad thing, just that it wasn't something only women do. Humans run off symbiotic relationships in general, I was merely pointing out it's not so one-sided. But okay.. :munchies:

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
I never said it was a bad thing, just that it wasn't something only women do. Humans run off symbiotic relationships in general, I was merely pointing out it's not so one-sided. But okay.. :munchies:
I was totally trying to lady bond with you! Lol

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
This totally called for a Vote Poll ... so I added one.

Enjoy.
:popcorn:

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Oh! Well that totally went over my head. :happysad:

And if that didn't make it obvious, I'm one of those women that usually requires help with simple things. :eng101:
I would list some if the simple things that I can't do, but it would be horrible embarrassing. Lol

ib4

Error
Staff
I totally do this on purpose sometimes. Other times I'm literally clueless and actually do need help.

It's too bad that after 7 years, he knows the difference. I still try to do it, even though it's bratty.

@BridgetteH "how do I make this food?" "It's too bad I can't cook." Yeah... You survived by yourself for how many years in the military and didn't starve?? Nice try, buddy.
Hungry mans and the chow hall. I'm not kidding. Speaking on experience. oh and the booze diet.

I was totally trying to lady bond with you! Lol
For reallllls Bridge chillout breh!
I concur.

-------

To the OP, I don't think this is gender specific either. But if I had to analyze it because I had nothing better to do, I'd say its a part of human nature. Sometimes you're not in the mood to do some shit and you lean on the other person for it. I think that form of communication often comes in the form of a helpless whine for easy sympathy. It gets the right result more often. My wife does this to me because she has the cutest fucking bush baby face in the fucking world. I'm not kidding, no one can say no to it or the voice that comes with it. I'll open a zip lock bag for her if she requests it that way.

BridgetteH

Particinator
I'd venture out to say most people are guilty of this to some degree because we all want to be both needed and cared for at different times. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that, unless it's to an extent where all you're doing is mundane tasks for another.

For me, there are some things my fiance is undoubtedly better at, so why be in denial of that and have some power struggle?

Also, as ib4 pointed out about his bush baby:p, I feel like women can usually pull cuter faces that give men a sort of Stockholm syndrome, where they empathize with their metaphorical captors and give in.

In addition,
we usually hold the seks key. :camwhore:

My helpless examples: tedious paperwork for certain things, doing the self-check out at grocery stores, hooking up various devices to the tv, to name but a few. :faint:

zethon

Awesome Guy!
Of course everyone is guilty of it to some extent but women more so. I've never had a male roommate or buddy act helpless in order to get me to do something, mostly because the "damsel in distress" bullshit doesn't work when the person isn't a "damsel".

Men eat that shit up, though, when women do it, and women know this.

LASERMAN

Fresh Meat
I offer this as a true story from my personal experience.

My last girlfriend and I decided to get one of those inflatable pools. We set it up and we were discussing the schedule for adding the chemicals to keep it right.

Me: can you read this and make sure we have what we need?
Girlfriend: I can't be sure.....it seems complicated...i don't think I can do it....
Me: where do you work?
Girlfriend: at a metal plating plant....
Me: doesn't your job involve making mixes of various chemical baths, using dangerous chemicals, where a mistake could be fatal?
Girlfriend: Yeah, I guess so...
Me: So wouldn't you be more qualified to handle this, since I work with optics, machines, and software?
Girlfriend: Yeah, I guess so....
Me: So why did you try to act stupid?
Girlfriend: DON'T CALL ME STUPID! WHY ARE YOU BEING MEAN TO ME? WHY ARE YOU PUTTING ME DOWN?"
Me: I didn't call you stupid - in fact I am pointing out that you are smart. I am also pointing out that you are busted - and that if anyone is thinking someone is stupid, it's you for thinking I would fall for the helpless girl act.
Girlfriend: YOU'RE ALWAYS TWISTING THINGS!
Me: So who gets to track and add the chemicals?
Girlfriend: FINE! I'll DO IT.

Crazizniac

Particinator
LM - that's pretty much every conversation with any woman, ever. Except "does this make me look fat" and toilet seat - waaaa!!! Oh I forgot " My mother told me I should have married tommy, and now he's a foot doctor."