WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do you believe?

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
yeah ..i believe....id put up a few links with some scientific proof and all....that life ...might exist.....wait...wtf??...scientific proof that life might....might exist...hmm.....im sorry ..im rambling..its late..and ive been working on HW for hours....anyways..yeah i belive....

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Fuck the link. Believe in what? Aliens?
How in the fuck can your narrow mind believe that we are alone? Theres no fucking way. The vastness of the 'Unknown',that you dont know of,for that matter,should be enough for you to know that you dont know shit....???
...Anyhoo.
Take a drop of pond water,put it under a microscope. Wow,you say?
Yep. Do the single celled life forms know you're looking at them? Nope. They are obviously well below our level of exsistance. Does the level of exsistance stop at the human level? Surely not. God looks down apon you! In a fuggin microscope.
YOU might be alone...

Take the blinders off kids. You shall soon see...You're never alone.

Well, logically, it's hard to believe that in this expansive universe, we are the ONLY lifeforms, on this one single planet. That's a big sky out there.

Personally, if I myself came from another planet, or whatever, I would not want to meet, or greet humans until they got their shit together.
We can't even handle prejudice within our own species, what makes anyone think we can handle different species.
We seem to be scared and hateful towards things we know nothing of.

ron

Buster of Asses
I believe in me. Science has proven false so much that was once accepted as fact that it seems ludicrous in this day and age to have faith in some nebulous, mythical being(s).

As to aliens, they came across the Rio Grande...oh, wait, you mean space aliens. Broken is proof that they exist and walk among us.

Seriously, it's a tough question to answer. On the one hand, it seems like an awful waste of space if we are alone in the universe. Carl Sagan (dead astrophysicist and visionary, for you youngsters) once proposed an equation to demonstrate the possibility that life must exist elsewhere in the universe and might even have grown into mature societies. It at least made sense, though it was wholly arbitrary.

On the other hand, spatial distances, even to the nearest stars, are such that it would take us a tremendous amount of resources to even begin mounting an effort to reach those, the trip to which would take years at current technological development.

That is not to say that the Heechee could not have transcended our level of understanding of the "laws" of physics and achieved interstellar capability. They're only laws until proven wrong. If they have, I wish they'd fucking beam me up off this rock, already.

Anyway, I have seen no proof positive that life exists elsewhere in the universe, that we have had contact with said lifeforms, nor that we ever will. That does not mean that extraterrestrial life does not exist, but it certainly means that I'm not going to join the dipshits in the desert next year for the annual Roswell UFO Festival.

ron said:
Anyway, I have seen no proof positive that life exists elsewhere in the universe, that we have had contact with said lifeforms, nor that we ever will. That does not mean that extraterrestrial life does not exist, but it certainly means that I'm not going to join the dipshits in the desert next year for the annual Roswell UFO Festival.

Indeed. It's a nice thought to ponder every once in a while, but if I were to show the kind of dedication these....umm...."the truth is out there brotherhood" ya-ya's do, then I might as well worship beanie babies.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
sure i do...we really have no idea...and they could be better or worse than us...we just won't know til one of us tries to make first contact...i mean, they are other galaxies out there with their own solar system thingy's...so who knows?

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
Seije said:
sure i do...we really have no idea...and they could be better or worse than us...we just won't know til one of us tries to make first contact...i mean, they are other galaxies out there with their own solar system thingy's...so who knows?

My uncle use to say "If the universe ever stopped what was on the other side" with all the hubble pics that come out it's crazy to see all the clusters of so many stars and galaxys alike out there..Whats more crazy is to think about all the pics you'll never see wich ones do you think they hold classified?

While I've never known anyone to have probs jammed up there asses or any of these type of "sightings" personaly

I still believe there has to be other lifeforms from far more advanced to far more primitave.... :abduct:

Thanx for the input people.... :thumbsup: ....

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i think alot of that is bullshit but i think that there just is no way that there isnt something out there besides us.. its just to big to have us the only things out there