WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do you guys think that Lenny Kravitz is like a modern Jimmi Hendrix?

rockmaiden04

From the Eastside
I heard older and younger people talking about how they think Lenny Kravitz is trying to resemble Jimmi Hendrix. I was interested to hear your input.

Easty

Click click boom
good idea, but i havent really thought about it. i think the singer for "the bravery" resembles elvis though.

I think Hendrix is better, but if you had to call someone a Hendrix of today's world, Kravitz is definitely the one.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
:rotflmao:

There is so much wrong in this thread...

^ :thumbsdn:

anyway, i'm not sure about that thing with Kravitz cause I don't really listen to his music but- v

Eastside said:
i think the singer for "the bravery" resembles elvis though.
haha, tis so true. They're a pretty good band too.

i dunno, it really seem that kravitz is a modern encarnation of jimi...but both of them are cool :thumbsup:

rockmaiden04 said:
I heard older and younger people talking about how they think Lenny Kravitz is trying to resemble Jimmi Hendrix. I was interested to hear your input.
My input : Kravitz represents a modern Jimi, but Jimi is 50 times the guitarist he is.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
screw_ball said:
:rotflmao:

There is so much wrong in this thread...
I think this is the first time ever I'll have to agree with screw_ball...

Jimi Hendrix was much more talented than Lenny Kravitz will/has ever be/been. Hendrix creativity, overall skill on the guitar, and emotional stimulus in his live performance cant even be compared to someone like Lenny Kravitz. Just because they look alike and play similar styles of music doesn't mean they're the same person. That's like comparing Michael Jordan to some college player who resembles MJ's style/skill.

Okay, this is for those of you who can't read. The whole point of this thread was not to say that Kravitz might be equal to Hendrix. We know that Hendrix is way better than Kravitz. The question was if you had to pick someone to be a modern day Hendrix would Kravitz be the one. This is not saying that they are the same person or even remotely equal in talent. Some people were talking about it, and rockmaiden wanted to find out the opinion of others on this site. No one is trying to put Kravitz up there with Hendrix.

bigck3000 said:
This is a joke thread right?
No, it's not, so if you don't have anything to contribute, don't bother posting. Rockmaiden heard people talking about the topic and wanted to see what you guys thought. I don't know why she bothered, but there you have it.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
rockmaiden04 said:
Do you guys think that Lenny Kravitz is like a modern Jimmi Hendrix?
Fuck no. Do you think the backstreet boys were like modern beatles?

x-xizz

Flame Bait
I think he`s a very good musician, but for beeing like Jimy he hasn`t enough of this feeling, which makes freezing me.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
RageAgainst said:
Fuck no. Do you think the backstreet boys were like modern beatles?
fuckin a, man! i almost shit myself when i saw the name of this thread!
tiger 86 said:
The whole point of this thread was not to say that Kravitz might be equal to Hendrix... The question was if you had to pick someone to be a modern day Hendrix would Kravitz be the one
alright.. i don't give a shit what comparison this thread was "intended" to make about the two, because first of all, you don't make a thread asking opinions of people and expect a specific response.. especially about something like this! when you make a comparison to someone say, as being a modern-day so-and-so, you are expecting SIMILAR traits to be compared, no?? plus, whether they are outraged opinions or humble opinions, they are opinions none-the-less... which is what you are asking for... no??
besides the fact that they are both black, there is no comparison. and don't anyone tell me they're both musicians, because Hendrix was the only real musician of the two! kravitz is a preppy, primped, fuckin model. hendrix is a beautiful fuckin
genius.
there's my comparison.

Zoso

Zappafied
there isnt a 'modern day' jimi and there never will be another. jimi is the man and its an insult to compare him to lenny kravitz

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
el crotcho said:
No! definitely not Hendrix is a GOD!
Wow. This thread sure does suck, but it's bringing us together, As with LiberatioN to me, this is the first time I agree with el crotcho.

Yay heartwarming shitty threads!