WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do you have computer addictions?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
You know what's sick. The computer is a device that you can masturbate with and teach your kid math with.

RA64

Hoodrat
its cool some of you want to be programmers, but I have to brake it to you, you probably won't be making $70/hour. Realistically, 50K a year is a good goal for an entry level position for someone with the BS in CS. Still pretty damn good. The people that make the real money in software companies are the managers, "directors" business dudes, sleazy corporate fools, you get the picture. Anyways, good luck.

RA64 said:
its cool some of you want to be programmers, but I have to brake it to you, you probably won't be making $70/hour. Realistically, 50K a year is a good goal for an entry level position for someone with the BS in CS. Still pretty damn good. The people that make the real money in software companies are the managers, "directors" business dudes, sleazy corporate fools, you get the picture. Anyways, good luck.
Fine with me. Just looking for happiness
Ever heard of a happy millionaire?
Money corrupts. Money is the root of all evil.

Jung

???
Premium
RA64 said:
what exactly do you do? ever thought people do IT work because they like it? 50k a yr would be the very low ball figure, the national average for sys admins is higher than that.

p.s. thanks for attempting to down the spirits though;)

extremepilot

Go jerk off or something
Shit... fucking shit...
Got 2 tests tomorrow (History and one fucked up science quiz, memorize 20 goddamn minerals and descriptions of them!!)
I dont know shit.. Im so fuckin scared.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Google it!

Google is the cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
No. I'm not addicted. I can quit at any time.

junglizm said:
you should try ableton live and cubase, acid pro is really simplistic. pm me if you need some help, i've been doing production for a few years now.
It's all about logic. endless tracks with 24 flying faders! aaaahhhggg.... If you actually take the time and money to learn it there are many things you can do with this program that most don't offer. You know whats also a great program which is under rated? Samplitude. Check it out. The possibilities are endless when you are a computer junkie! thank god I was a computer junkie before I decided to produce my own music! hooray for computer junkies!

Jung

???
Premium
rbutler_7 said:
It's all about logic. endless tracks with 24 flying faders! aaaahhhggg.... If you actually take the time and money to learn it there are many things you can do with this program that most don't offer. You know whats also a great program which is under rated? Samplitude. Check it out. The possibilities are endless when you are a computer junkie! thank god I was a computer junkie before I decided to produce my own music! hooray for computer junkies!
i do just fine with out needing a mac;) what do you produce? i'm starting to get more into hardware now, i picked up a mc505 and 909 and soon to be getting either a motif or triton workstation. needless ot say the days of software sequencing will soon be over.

junglizm said:
i do just fine with out needing a mac;) what do you produce? i'm starting to get more into hardware now, i picked up a mc505 and 909 and soon to be getting either a motif or triton workstation. needless ot say the days of software sequencing will soon be over.
I use a pc and have never crashed with logic 5.5
I have a keyed version and paid dearly for it and actually logic has done wonders for their pc versions. Groovebox is one of my favorate beat machines. I produced my first beats on the 303 and 505. My god i love the sound of the 909 but I currently have a fantom and my fantom does me well. Software sequencing has never been part of my everyday program but I have yet to see one better than logic. It's all about hardware. My next expendature may be a 909 as well. I have produced many artists - anywhere from rap to latino bands and of course my own stuff. how about you? i assume jungle?

Jung

???
Premium
jungle, drum and bass, UK/nu skool breakbeats

If your going to buy a keyboard buy a fantom. don't bother with anything less than roland(though yamaha and korg are cool). Trust me. Roland has the most manipulatable raw analog sounds you can buy. WOHOO! 100 -posts!

The Standard By Which All Other Workstations Are Measured. check it out! this keyboard is crazy.. lol

UnChew

100% Peruvian Pussy*
I HAVE to use the computer at least once a week (except when i am out of the country), i can't control it...

ur_gay_k

Banned - What an Asshat!
What kind of asshole nerd who is over the age of 16 still plays on a fucking console? Get a fucking online game to dick around on, otherwise you're just a waste of e-space.

G's-up

Postaholic
ur_gay_k said:
What kind of asshole nerd who is over the age of 16 still plays on a fucking console? Get a fucking game to look for dick around on, otherwise you're just a waste of me-space.

HMM seems appropriate.......First he's upset that your getting "up there" in age...he needs younger "Im not sure this is right" dick. Dont worry I'm sure he'll PM you with his "game to look for dick around on" soon...now weather thats a wise choice for download well maybe something you really want to think about.......AND apparetly being "a waste of me space" translate into "this is my power trip approach".....I gather it hasnt worked on the last 10 she-males and wont work on the next 5-10 actual males.....Give it up dude You suck and thats not a compliment from what I hear......... :cool: