WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do you procrastinate too much?

ferengi

Yay fire!
I don't know why, but for some reason it seems like it's some sort of deadly sin for me to get a homework assignment or project done immediately after it's assigned. I always sit up until about 3:30 a.m. the morning it's due rushing to get it done on time, and for some reason I always get good grades.

At this very moment, I'm putting off writing a ten page paper that's worth 50% of my grade in one of my classes. It's due tomorrow, and I haven't even started.

The funny thing is, when I actually take my time and complete an assignment with a lot of time to spare, I NEVER do as well as I do when I procrastinate. I guess it's because I don't have the time to go back and second-guess my work or critique it as harshly. Is this a singular phenomenon or does anyone else seem to do better when they procrastinate?

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
I'm at the point where I don't get around to it at all XD, but in high school I did the same thing, and yes... I work better under pressure. "I must get this done, and make it look like I didn't stay up the morning it was due," so I usually poop out a better assignment/paper at the last minute.

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
I wouldn't know if I would do better if I didn't procrastinate....Because well, I procrastinate.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Once again I restate "Procrasination is like masturbation, you're only fucking yourself."

I'm the same way, ferengi. It's a natural thing. The pressure makes for better work because you have to make it look like you took your time.