WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Do you really think Green Day's new album is really as good as it seems?

Is Green Day's 'American Idiot' really as good as it seems?

• Total voters
Now it's been bothering me, everybody says it's a great album. However, I think it sucks. I want to know everybody's else opinion.

Jung

???
Premium
Nothing Green Day records will be good, so no.

I like a couple of the songs on it. But for the most part it is crap.

Old Green Day = Not so bad. Not the greatest but ok.
New Green Day = SHIT

WILD said:
Old Green Day = Not so bad. Not the greatest but ok.
New Green Day = SHIT
I think it's safe to say that with all older bands. :happysad:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
to answer the question, green day's american idiot can only sound as good as it seems.. so yes it does sound as good as it seems.. it's failing is that it seems shit, sounds shit and is shit. green day are punks in the 1940s meaning of the word.

didn't they call this album a punk opera, way to go with the witty ironic contrast concept boys.. what next, punk and irish folk music? oh, but the pogues did that already and drank and drugged and out-intellectualised your sorry asses into oblivioburbia while you were probably wearing baby gap.. well, i know AI isn't actually opera, but they had the nerve to use that as a reference and i have the nerve to call them cunts for it..

fuck a bunch of middle class punk.

Unforgiven said:
Green Day's an older band?

I disagree though. Some bands get better with time, some don't. It just depends on how much potential a band's sound has.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
one hit wonders maybe? and mtvpunk...didn't you all know greenday is the cooooolest band ever :rolleyes:

*shrugs* If you ever hear me say that (and I mean it)..please kill me

TheLampIncident said:
Green Day's an older band?

I disagree though. Some bands get better with time, some don't. It just depends on how much potential a band's sound has.
Well, I guess "older" wasn't the correct word in this context.

Mid '90's.:confused:

Unforgiven said:
Or almost all bands period, the first one or two albums a band records usually have more work and originality in put into them.
That and some artists only have so much they can come up with thats any good.

WILD said:
Or almost all bands period, the first one or two albums a band records usually have more work and originality in put into them.
That and some artists only have so much they can come up with thats any good.
That's because they usually make one or two records just to become popular and well-known, by putting actual thought into what they write.

Then, once they're popular, they'll record pure, 100% shit. But, people will still buy that shit because they were "popular."

Fucking lemmings.:happysad:

Deadlynome

Metal Master
Isn't as good as it SEEMS? It doesn't SEEM good at all, it sounds like complete crap. American Idiot is probably one of the worst ever.
Pop Punk = GAY!