WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Does anyone know where I can get this?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm looking for a software where you can make your own music from, like make your own beats and stuff, does anyone know where I can find this?

Descent

Hella Constipated
FruityLoops is good. That's the only one I know of, but I am sure there are more.

For wave editing, the shareware version of Cool Edit '96 is as good as it gets for free software. Hell, my dad still uses it for editing some of his files :D.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I tried looking on it on download.com but it's not saving, do you guys know another link to it?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
actually on shockwave.com

there is a free software that lets you make your own beats and stuff... I am not sure what your looking for but its pretty cool and I played with it for awhile. (No its not a little kids version) might want to check there in the music area and check around. See if it still up

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
You can use ACID.. Costs a lot, comes with loops and you can tweak the shit out of them.. I've made some awesome songs that have been in a few movies.. Only a few independant ones.

Jung

???
Premium
smoke-it said:
I'm looking for a software where you can make your own music from, like make your own beats and stuff, does anyone know where I can find this?
I do a lot of music production, I'll list a few of the industry standard software studios. Just, fyi, most aren't very cheap.

Cubase (amazing recording studio/sequencer)
Fruity Studio
Cakewalk
Cakewalk Sonar
Rebirth ( Analog synth emulator, emulates two tb909s and a mc303)
Logic (ver 5 is the last ver made for PC)
Ableon Live (Live remix/production studio. It's mostly geared towards live performances and remixing, but a lot of people like it for production, because it's simple and intuitive.)
Reason (one of the best studios available, It's a full hardware rack emulation. You can even turn the rack around to mess with the patch cables and such.)

Also, for chopping up breaks and creating loops:
Audacity
WaveLab
Recycle (My personal favorite)
Sound Forge

You're likely not going to get very far with out any musical knowledge, but you can find lots of tutorials and FAQs if you google.

FYI: Acid is the biggest pos audio software I've ever attempted to use.

_Kitana_ said:
actually on shockwave.com

there is a free software that lets you make your own beats and stuff... I am not sure what your looking for but its pretty cool and I played with it for awhile. (No its not a little kids version) might want to check there in the music area and check around. See if it still up
That sounds VERY MUCH like a kids version.:)

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I've tried using the other ones, but most of them don't even dowload. I tried all kinds, but FL looks the easiest.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nvm, I got it guys, thanks for your help! :thumbsup: