WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Dole Questions Kerry's Vietnam Wounds

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
CRAWFORD, Texas - Former Republican Sen. Bob Dole suggested Sunday that John Kerry apologize for past testimony before Congress about alleged atrocities during the Vietnam War and joined critics of the Democratic presidential candidate who say he received an early exit from combat for "superficial wounds."

Dole also called on Kerry to release all the records of his service in Vietnam.
Separately, President Bush's re-election campaign continued to deny links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an anti-Kerry group running ads in three states, after the resignation of a campaign volunteer who appeared in the group's new ad.

With Kerry taking a break from campaigning, running mate John Edwards said Bush needs to tell the group to pull its ads, a step the White House and the Bush campaign refuse to take. The White House and Bush's campaign note that Kerry has benefited from more than $62 million worth of similar advertising against the president.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is some silly shit.

Instead of talking about the issues, we're stuck listening to this drivel about how badly Kerry was hurt in Viet Nam. What does this have to do with the candidates positions on healthcare, the economy, the war?

Nothing...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
agreed.... he shouldn't have made it a focal point... but on the swift boat vets... the Prez has as much power to "tell" them to remove the ads as JK has the power to tell people to protest the GOP convention peacefully... they each have groups that support them... but that doesn't mean they will follow their orders...

JK should release his records... that would be one less item of debate against him... unless he has something to hide...

R

RedOctober

Wahahaha...

What crap!

The gunboats were the crafts that suffered a lot of wounded and killed in action soldiers during the Nam war. I know it, because I was in the Dutch Navy in those days, and the high losses were discussed several times.
The Dutch had the same expierence during history. It's risky to patrol a river in such a way.

Pretty idiot to question the record of a war veteran, while the other presidential candidate shoveled shit in Texas.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RedOctober said:
Wahahaha...

What crap!

The gunboats were the crafts that suffered a lot of wounded and killed in action soldiers during the Nam war. I know it, because I was in the Dutch Navy in those days, and the high losses were discussed several times.
The Dutch had the same expierence during history. It's risky to patrol a river in such a way.

Pretty idiot to question the record of a war veteran, while the other presidential candidate shoveled shit in Texas.
Red,

He wasn't shoveling shit back then, that's his job now, down the throats of U.S. citizens.

No, back then he shirked his shit shoveling duties for :beer::beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ctoit

Tenderony
Someone Less Dumb for President!! ---- found it on a bumper :cool:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
so what if kerry tricked the army to give him 3 purple hearts..........it was a gov't fuck up and can't be changed

R

RedOctober

Skyline-Cobra said:
so what if kerry tricked the army to give him 3 purple hearts..........it was a gov't fuck up and can't be changed
:troll:

Gosh! Only a goof can come up with that idea!
Like I told you, those river boats were dangerous as hell!
The word turkeyshoot comes to mind.
The Americans had a lot of firepower, but where would you fire at when patrolling a river with a lot of hiding places on the banks?

I think the dem/rep political discussions really start to become absurd!