WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Domino Harvey

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Ever watch a movie that's an hour and a half long and it doesn't feel like an hour and a half? You know, where you’re so into the movie that you just never want it to end? This isn't that kinda movie. This movie creeps and crawls and makes you feel every minute, every second. I was so glad when it was over.

The shots were very scattered, shot more like a music video than a film. You know, quickly paced, more attention to looking good rather than content, basically made for the MTV generation, the quick fixers. Which in theory, is a style on its own and when done correctly can be beautiful and powerful, but Tony Scott doesn't know how to work it that way.

What else did he direct? The Hunger, True Romance, Top Gun, The Fan are some titles. All except for The Hunger very commercial films, so you'd assume he's very tight with Hollywood and knows the language well. He's proven them wrong. He comes off as dated with no grasp of the current Hollywood style of hybrid action films that look saturated, play fast, and hit hard. Is he past his prime? Not that I really appreciated his stuff before, True Romance being the only one of those listed above that I actually watch and only because of the dialog and only because Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette play off each other so well. And even The Hunger, at least in that film you had lesbian sex, Susan Sarandon's breasts, and Bauhaus. You’d think a director would get better with experience, not worse.

The acting. Pffffft! The only one worth mentioning was Mickey Rourke, who apparently is making some kind of comeback. Very strong actor no matter who’s directing, shooting, or cutting him. I don't even want to mention the bulk of the cast, all of them interesting in their own right but no justice for them here.

I think this is Kiera Knightley's first shot as a main character. She doesn't do it well. Her crappy attempt at a lap dance (which was cut to shit by the way) made me cringe.

The only scene I enjoyed was the one in the Laundromat, with Edgar Ramirez, chiseled, tanned, and looking so fine getting his laundry done, wearing nothing but black underwear. It’s not a quick shot either, it lingers, lets you indulge. I'll see what I can do about finding a picture.

I know you’re thinking well BCB, sounds like you wanted more tits and ass in the film. To that I say no! I want more substance, more substance, more substance! When I don’t get substance, then I want eye candy.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
mickey rourke. :thumbsup:
spun with mickey rourke. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
BTW, I did not pay to see this movie and did not see it in a theater. Just wanted to set that straight.

Has Mickey Rourke had plastic surgery?