WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Don't Steal Cars, Kiddies!

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Thought this was kind of cool:

There's an organization here in BC called IMPACT (Integrated Municipal-Provincial Auto Crime Team) which is a collaboration of various law enforcement agencies to attack auto theft, which runs rampant here in our lovely Province. Surrey, BC is the car theft capital of North America.

So someone had a bright idea: BAIT CARS! They park sweet looking vehicles in high-theft areas, loaded with cameras and microphones, GPS tracking, electronic ignition-cuts and remote-locking doors. The crooks get in, steal them, and are instantly followed by the cops, who can sometimes stop the engine remotely and lock the would-be thieves inside! Awesome! Lots of other police forces across the continent use them too. It's actually working. Over the last 10 years before the program started, there was a steady rise in auto theft. Since its inception a little over a year ago, there's been a 10% reduction.

Anyways, what's cool about IMPACT is that they just started a website, www.baitcar.com, where they post the surveillance videos of the takedowns. Lots of fun!

Cheers,

WTFN

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
Oh, so THAT'S what happened to my car. My friend suggested it was canadians, but I had no clue! (just another canada-america joke. don't wanna offend at all, as I love quebec and what not)

WTFNation

tkme2thebedroom said:
Oh, so THAT'S what happened to my car. My friend suggested it was canadians, but I had no clue! (just another canada-america joke. don't wanna offend at all, as I love quebec and what not)
LOL. BC > Quebec, however.

Cheers,
WTFN

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yeah they've been doing that for a while.. i seen video on tv from an SUV with great rims and all the bling the rigged with cameras microphones and a remote kill switch they put into shopping mall lots and other places to catch car thieves...

Descent

Hella Constipated
The suspect steals a Game Boy

How much was the POS worth? $40 at my local GameStop?!

It had boogers on it, it was in a minivan.

Tard.

WTFNation

Descent said:
The suspect steals a Game Boy

How much was the POS worth? $40 at my local GameStop?!

It had boogers on it, it was in a minivan.

Tard.
:rofl:
Wow. Descent made me laugh. A proud day for you and your family.

Cheers,

WTFN

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Haha, yeah I think this was first used in airport parking lots.
A lot of cars get jacked there because they are left for prolonged periods of time.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
tkme2thebedroom said:
your name is lamer than a fat chick in a bikini....

Blaze

Pyromaniac Extraordinaire
What a neato idea! HOWEVER, there are ways to get around the cameras abd gps but you'd have to be a friggin' genius auto theif expert or something. Car thieves - hope ya get caught. But then again, if one were to get all that bling on thier cars and have the nerve to park it in a 'suspicious' area, then they should've known better.

Yeah, like I'm gonna park my brand spankin' new cadilac with the shiny rims and spiffy paint job with all leather custom interior with the 8 disc cd changer and sub-woofers that'll knock your socks off in the middle of the most seedy, run-down, junkie infested underbelly of the city :confused: ? HELL NAW! I feel sorry for Donald Trump if he EVER parks his shit around there. Bill Gates, the next car-jack victim could be you if you park your mess 'round there. Oprah, ride a dam bikeBut then again, he's got a spare ride at home. Lucky ass.

wow .. I watched the "oncoming" video last night and couldn't sleep ... it shook me up and still gives me chills when I think about it... *shudders*