WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dragon's Fortress (Wtf's RPG)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#41
The newcomers had made Linde uncomfortable, she did not like other people, let alone humans. Her concentration was offset by this, in her entire life, spanning 150 human years, but mabye only twenty in elven, Linde had been taught that to fight beside a human was to disgrace yourself and your people. Humans were, by all her breeding, akin to sewage scum.

That moment of a short in her concetration cost her. Linde did not see the brigands, coming up from behind her.

She fought, kicked and stabbed. She scratched thier eyes and spat in thier faces, but the sheer force of them was too much to overcome.

Before blackness overtook her, Linde heard them.

"She fights like a hell cat."
"Aye, she'll fetch a fair price at the gladiator ring, elves are always worth a bit more than humans."

Then, for Linde, there was only darkness.

(Note: I'm moving and losing my internet, so don't bother trying to save my character now, just let her be. I'll be off for a few weeks.)
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
264
302
#42
WizardlyFriend said:
Ivellios turned to the stranger. "Ah finally, a young man with manners. I am Ivellios Galanodel, it is nice to meet you Jacob." He smiled. "How may I help you?"
"I was wondering what you thought of this "mission" that several of us seem to have been talked into? I have a feeling that with this diverse a group, it could be quite dangerous." Jacob watched the people, he wished he had more information about what was going on. It was going to be a long time before he got his fee, it seemed.
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#43
The strangled yelp of the elf, and the frantic flurry of kicking and punching couldn't have been good, We have to help her, even as he shouted this and began to sprint full pelt towards her, he knew it would be too late, he watched as one of them made a feirce stabbing action into her gut, they tied her up and began to retreat, he raised his wand, and halted aiming at the final retreating bastard, murdosa! he shouted, with a large bang, it looked like he was shot in the back, the man flung forward slamming into the ground, his acomplice didnt slow, he aimed again and fired, they dodged behind a tree as the spell ripped into the bark....

he stopped heavily breathing, Brill had halted a short distance behind him, he moved swiftly up to the one he had hit, who was now writhing in pain, "who are you" nicholas said in a menacing voice,
"id never answer to an enchanter"
"really?"
he spat at him
"very well"
nicholas aimed his wand at the mans throat, and instantly he stopped breathing, as if something had closed around his mouth, he gaped and finally shuddered, his body lay there motionless....

he stood up and began to pace himself towards where the elf and the man disapeared....
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#44
Linde was bleeding, she could feel the pain and the warmth from her gut. A gut wound was never a pretty or a liveable thing, and she was worried. Not that much though. Whomever was stealing her had encased her in a box, just enough room for her to breath in. Light crept in and fell on her hands, smeared with red. Hands that were, luckily enough, untied. Dumb move on the human part.

Linde cast her first spell, somehow through the dizziness and blood and pain. She healed herself, just enough to stop the flow of blood and bring the stab down to a dull throb.

The chest she was in opened, slowly at first, and she heard a very gruff and all to human voice say....
 
7,261
1,340
218
#45
“Out, Elf! We have plans for you.” Mutters Dekke in a evil, creepy tone, while playing with his bloody knife. Backing up slowly towards the exit, keeping a close eye on her. He yells violently:

“Come on, hurry up now!”

As they reach the exit, he turns his back for a split second, and places his knife on a near by stump.

“Try it, you’re not that quick.” He whispers, as he turns to unlock the door.

Suddenly, he feels a sharp blow the back of his neck. He feels the blood drip down his back. In pain, and without a word, he falls to the floor. As he slowly begins to die, he looks up to see Linde, standing over him, laughing. Just before he takes his last breath, he hears her words mocking him, as he watches her walk away…………..
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#46
Linde thought seh would get away. She thought, as young as she was, that she would be able to sprint out of the camp. She got about ten feet before she was gagged and bound, thrust back into the chest she came from.
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#47
back in the clearing, no one spoke, 10 minutes had passed, the moonlight was cascading down through the trees, he wasn't fond to the idea of being the ambassador of 3 unwilling partys, he had done more than he intended to do already, his mind was still on the young elf, he wondered if she would survive by the time she got out of the woods. he bent down on a body with a particularly shiny body armor. and checked his sidebag.

there was nothing to his preffered interest, the few shillings found in the botton of the bag he pocketed, aswell as some string and cloth, these could have come in handy.....still no one spoke.

he sat down next to a stump, brought out his tobbaco bag and some paper,and rolled himself a particularly big ciggarette, lighting it with his wand he took a deep puff. and exhaled slowly

fuck this he thought, and with that he slowly began to walk into the immense shrubbery....he wasn't going to wait for these souls to stand around, waiting for someone else to talk for them.

once he had walked twenty five metres into the shrubbary, he heard footsteps......
 

jamesp

In Memory...
1,714
1
0
#48
"Nicholas! Your unrest is painted on your face. Light me a fire, and we'll get her back and figure out what in bloody hell is going on." Brill said quietly as he walked up to him. Nicholas looked at him for a moment, considering...weighing. Finally he leaned down to a small pile of sticks, mumbled a few words, and abrubtly a lick of flame shot up, catching the sticks around it quickly. Brill squatted down beside the fire, unsheathed his sword, and began holding it in the flames, turning it and letting the flames run the length of the blade, turning it black with soot. While he was doing this, the other member of the ragtag little group walked up to Nicholas and himself. Kiay was the first to speak. "I would not see that one hurt, she was captured guarding our back" she said the last with a grimace, glancing at the barmaid. "You," she said to Brill, "why dost thee burn thy blade?"

Brill looked up at her, sure his surprise was evident on his face. "Why, the soot won't reflect light from the capfires....We were going in on a rescue mission weren't we?"

"Nicholas, during that last scuffle you seemed to be .... invisible. Can you do that again, and scout those bastards' camp? If you can find where they are keeping her, and you" he said pointing to the rest of them "can create a disturbance.....well, then I can jump in, grab ger, and jump back to the barracks if need be."
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#49
nicholas wasn't interested in being told what to do by this young boy, and although he was intreaged it wasn't in his best interests to go save this elf, and he wasn't about to....

"i dont think thats a good idea" he said to the group,
"even though i have the power to camoflauge things, i think it would be much more advantagous if i performed the spell on her" he said directing his gase to kiay, think, you clearly have better skills in the scouting area than i do, i will gladly cast the spell to help you....
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#50
Kiay looked at Linde's dead twisted body. She knew it was easy enough to bring her back. However to Kiay Linde was not worth the risk. She was a royal princess and would be hard for her to hide from the unseen. A risk to the rest of them

"Tis for the better."
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#51
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes passed by rather easily and Kiay and the barmaid had return from the woods. They each had bags of fur, fresh meat, bread, herbs and spices. Along with weapons and armor. She dropped the weapons on the barrack’s hardwood floor.

:The eldest of us get first pick,” Kiay mumbled out..

Everyone looked up at Kiay and realized that these weapons had the mark of the unseen on them. They all knew that they would be hunted and needed to leave now to stay ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#52
pick your route nicholas said. "although there should be some agreement, as it would be most advantageous for us to stick together, this" he rumaged through his pocket and drew out a small bag of silver coins tapped his wand on them 3 times and looked up "take one, i altered these so when the unseen get within a kilometers radius of us, will begin to heat up and vibrate, it should keep us on our toes"

he handed them out to each of the coins, now where do we want to go?

"i suggest the barracks, we can stock up on supplies and we will be able to havve a nights sleep without unrest". he surveyed the group, each had their own ability that could help them reach their goals.......but only time would tell.

They began to trudge east towards the barracks...
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
264
302
#53
With the arrival of the ones who left, and looking at the state of them, Jacob stopped talking and started watching. Why did they look like they'd just been in a scrap, and why didn't he go with them?!? How would he ever learn about these people if he didn't see them in action. He keeps his magic detection going and studies both the people, and their gear, though not overtly.

"Welcome back, what's going on? Is everyone ok?" he inquires to them as they come in.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#54
"We can not rest here long"

She looked towards the west winds. She didn't need a coin to tell her that war was brewing to the west, that the unseen where on their way. She could feel it and wonder if anyone else could. She sat down on the ground and closed her eyes, she need to think and explore the world around her.
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#55
nicholas surveyed the elf as she sat there on the floor, he knew what she was doing, but he didn't see the point of using such frugative acts at a military baracks, he needed some magic supplies, this was going to be a rough job and he wanted to be ready, so whilst they talked, he slipped down a track which went to the back of the compound, where a padlocked door was guarded by two bulky looking men with their cutlasses attatched to their hips, he aproached them, his wand hidden beneith his robes.

"excuse me dear fellows" he said airily, they nodded to show that he was acknowledged " this wouldn't happen to be the millitary arms storage room.
"yes it is" the guard on the left said stiffening his gase, nicholas however, continued with his airy mood.."well im intreagued about what kind of weaponry you stock, any sort of items with magical properties?"
"yes sir we do, this vault, which is nearly inpenetrable to most contains many things with magical properties, as well as some of the latest technological advances in fighting power"
"really, well if you dont mind" and with this he stepped up to be door, only to be confronted with the ends of two swords..."now i suggest you both back down, lest you get hurt" nicholas said in a more serious tone... but they just laughed it off..
"look at you, do you expect to be a challenge, then how would you get through this highly secured door"
"step down, otherwise you will strongly regret it"
"thats it im arresting you for threatening an offic-" as the guard reached for nicholas to apprehend him, there was a strong blow to the stomach, he looked down only to see himself covered in blood. he slumped to the side.

the second guard came at him with sword raised, preparing to shout, but before a sound passed his lips, he was tossed through the air like a rag doll and came in to contact heavily with the wall of the building, there he slumped, not breathing. with a grim look on his face nicholas cast a spell, to discuise the two bodies as bushes which should suffice for the next three days.

he approached the locked door, tapped his wand on it and stood back as it swung open........
 

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
1,771
0
0
#56
illeana watched as all the events unfolded. she watched as linde was captured. She fought in her wolflike form the entire time. Although back to her original form she still tasted the blood of the unseen. So many she murdered with her teeth today.

She was back in the barracks now. Her heart was begining to calm. Her body was so pumped up on adrenaline from the fight.

:The eldest of us get first pick,” Kiay mumbled out..

illeana thought this to be unfair. She was an original in the battle, yet she was one of the youngest.

Illeana's instinct told her they must get out of there.... now.
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#57
nicholas returned to the group as they were dividing the spoils, he however was perfectly equipped by looting the store room. he was now sporting a vest made intirely out of brailene(a metal with inpenetrable qualities), which was hidden under his cloak, as well as a new blade, he didnt know much about it but as it seemed it was of elvish creation, and glowed when orcs were near, he highly doubted this little perk would be of any use unless they headed up towards the mountains, but he still didnt fancy coming face to face with any urikai, so regardless of what the rest of the group was doing, he wasn't about to head through that direction.....

he wasn't about to tell them that he had aquired a new means of supplying himself, he wasn't fond of any members of the group, although he liked brill, he knew no one well enough to trust them...

we have to go now!
 

jamesp

In Memory...
1,714
1
0
#58
The faint jingle of metal and the creak of leather was a welcome reminder. Brill was glad to be back in the saddle. As the little group rode slowly down the trail he thought to himself about the little group. They were odd indeed, thought they all had their own perks and powers. He was quite intrigued with the enchanter, Nicholas, though the elfling Kiay kept his attention. As soon as she had appeared in the barracks, he had felt a familiar pressure behind his ears. He remembered his campaigns in the wilds, leading the men of the Queen's Guard into skirmish after skirmish with the far superior gnomish hunters. He also remember that pressure behind his ears when he was leading his men into a seemingly hopeless battle. Somehow they always managed to make it through by the skin of their teeth. His men had taken to calling him 'Lucky' Illianus after the first few forays.

As they plodded down the trail his eyes kept drifting over to Kiay, leading the small group. He was wary of her, though every one of the mercinaries were dangerous, something told him that the elfling was the most dangerous. He did not know where they were going, only that they had left at dawn, laden down with gear, heading to the north-east. Whereever she was leading them, he was not going to be sacrificed for her plans. Always keeping on the alert, he was no easy meat.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#59
For 3 days or so Kiay kept the group pushing on. She didn't like traveling in such a large group and with people she didn't trust. No one really talked unless they had to but Kiay was growing weak. her long hours in the sun and little rest in the night was wearing on her. However her staff was showing them the way.

The ravens hired them to the job and Kiay felt that the camp had all ready been destroyed the only thing that kept them out of conflicted was if they kept this pace. However, they have humans with them and humans can only travel so far for so long...

It was clear to them that they would need a break or some other means of travel... They had to cross the Mountains of the Cursed Dragoon to get to their target. However, only a creature with wings could pass or those who commanded such an animal. It was clear any creature on foot would perish.

She looked for the old wizard and wonder if he knew the same about these mountains. Kiay had the power but she loved her Dragon, Nightasha. Almost as she was found of Kithara, her faithful horse still turned into a maiden. Kithara seemed happy in her human form and able to sleep and squeeze easily through the brush however it was time for Kiay to ride if they or herself was going to keep up the pace. Her tradition told her that perhaps the old wizard should ride but her special condition to sunlight made her disregard that fact.

With that she transformed Kithara back into a beautiful black and silver horse and climbed on top of it. They would reach the mountains with in a day or two and she had to that time to make up her mind if it was worth her showing her dragon to these mere travelers. However there was little time to think of that, Kiay long ears caught something.

“Footsteps…” she whispered out…” They are quite and hush… BE READY!”
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
264
302
#60
Without thought the cool red iron wand appeared in Jacobs hand from seemingly nowhere. The last few days were very interesting, he felt he was getting a feel for his companions. They were quiet, but seemed competant. He eased to the side of the elder elven wizard, watching intently for any signs. He would make sure to be close enough to hear any conversation that developed, if one did. His skill at judging intentions and knowing a liar might come in handy. His knowledge of many languages would also come in handy in case those who were speaking thought they could carry on a personal conversation in another language, he knew better.

He only hoped bloodshed was not inevitable. If it was, he was going to try and make sure we all get out alive.