WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Dream Analasis..

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
most people believe dreams are a tie to our subconcious. Taking relevant information about our lives and expressing it in a dream to try to force our concious to take in information it might otherwise be ignoring. Some think that dreams are even more. That our subconcious is capable of seeing more then our experience. Even to the point of other peoples thoughts and the future. The most meaningful dreams are supposed to be the ones you remember the most vividly. The ones you almost realize are dreams and try to explore, and when you do wake up you say "wtf". whats your take on this idea, and what is a dream you had recently that was amazingly vivid... also kinda long read...

heres mine..

My dream began in a paradise. It was on a mountain high up. The buildings were of an old world german design and the streets cobblestone. The people wore late 1800's period clothes. I started the dream as a 12 year old child. I began to explore the village. I liked what I seen but in my exploration found a back path. Covered like a mall. The walls were stucco. The store fronts the same german influance but closed. There was a spiral stone staircase that was broken. The opening I could see an office but the staircase could no longer reach it. A section of the stairs collapsed. But near the broken section was a brick arch.. It was part of the support for the ceiling but exposed enough I could jump to it from the stairs to the wall I climbed up into the office.

The Office was classy. Dark wood mouldings, and a deep yellow paint. the lighting almost gave it a red hue. I explored the office and found some papers but before I could read them I shifted from the office to a street below. A dog chased me to a fenced in shop. I closed the gate to escape the dog and found an elderly woman in the shop. It was a candy store and the woman owned it. She was a choclatier. The chocolates she had were good but I was full so I left. My age increased as I left and I was now elderly. At least in my 60's.

I came to a path in the front of the town with a wonderful view of the valley below the mountain. It was beautiful and yet only a few people we're there. We knew eachother. We we're all elderly. Some lived in the town. Others were on vacation. One man in a unseasonable yellow palm tree shirt directed our attention to the overlook. As we looked over a portion of the stone guard dissolved and like out of nothing was an elevator. but only the doors could be seen outside. Inside was Octagon shaped elevator. The walls and carpet were water blue, with white mouldings at the waist level. above that was a mirror on each wall and small lights. Like candlebras. 4 of us entered into the elevator. There was no buttons. The doors closed on thier own. The elevator began to move down, backwards, and slightly to the left, as if it were moving on an angled track. At first it moved at normal speed but soon it was moving faster then a falling speed. The 3 others I was with were pressed to the doors of the elevator. Unable to move from the speed. I was holding for my life to the rail on the back left wall.

When the elevator stopped it opened to a dimly light white hall. Like a hospital hallway after hours. There were business men, Engineers, nurses, and doctors walking back and fourth. None of them noticed us, as if they didnt care we were there. We were now in our early 20s. As we looked around we discovered a control center. The german town was artifical. It was maintained with cameras, and microphones. Actors, and Holograms. The "residents" were people who were on vacation from the real world, and volunteered to be brainwashed into thinking they were actually residents of the village.

We began to wonder what happens to those who get injured, so I go to the medical section and put on a smock to pose as one of the aids. Most of the patients were kept asleep. Then I suddenly found a woman who was crying and screaming. The woman was in her 30s, with blond hair. Wearing brown pants and a yellow flower top, and stocky.She was with a doctor who was trying to calm her down. She was frantically asking "but what about my baby?". The doctor handed her a phone that had someone on the other side of it. I detached and became a 3rd person spectator to the person on the other end of the phone. It was a person who could only loosely be defined as human. Him, like the others in the call center, were oddly formed. They one gigantic floppy ear, almost like an elephant and an oversized head that was mostly round in shape. They wore tan head coverings, much like a bandana as well as thier phone headsets. They also had blue button down shirts on and spoke as if they had a wad of gum in thier mouths. He told the woman "Remember ma'am your family are carry on only. You signed a neuro-contract.". It was my assumption her child was killed in the village and the company that was running it, was not taking responsability.

My attention now came to a store that existed below all this and in the real world. It was now obvious all this was taking place in the future. I do not know if the store was meant to be part of the dream but there was no seperation between the two. I was in the toy department, still in 3rd person. The store owner who also felt to me as the director of the village was scolding an employee for unsuccessfully selling something. A clerk in the next isle was arguing with the toy trucks on the shelves. The trucks were the size of power wheels, and had a human head on them as if it was part of the toy. Each othe trucks were laughing at the clerk. In the next isle was genetically engineered and robotic pets. One was a dog that had a suitcase built into it.

Invader

Last Living Souls
Here is my dream.

About three months ago, I had a reoccuring dream. It was about my old house that I hadn't been inside in 5 years, the one I grew up in. I had been dared to explore it and when I went inside there were 3 ghosts. One was a little girl with a knife and an old fashioned, bloody dress that would just glare at me. Another was a very old, very fat woman that would watch me from behind the corner. The last was a thin man in black with no face. I mean, if he was wearing clothing, I can't remember what kind (a suit, jacket, t-shirt?) and it was like his face was melted away to the skull. With each dream he got closer to killing me, until he finally impaled me through the stomach. Once he did that, his face disintegrated. I woke up and haven't had the dream since.

My friend thinks its a psychic thing, but I'm afraid it's psychological. It was so vivid and real, I could hardly believe it was a dream...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
old houses are often relevant to a stage in your life. since you grew up in it, its relevant to your childhood. It's odd the man was the antagonist in your dream because of the girl with the knife.. says perhaps in your dream the girl had either defended herself or killed herself. I could be elements of your personality. Related to a change in that. the man killing you could of been the final change in you're personality. it also could be relevant to a change in your life and destroyed your previous life as you knew it.

this is only based on what I've learned about dream analasis...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i don't see how dreams can be anything paranormal..
they are a randomised version of real events (memories) and fantasy.. we all attach too much relevance to them, we tend to think they are something 'happening' to us when they are actually just our minds cruising along on autopilot while we rest, some of us see more of what the autopilot is doing, some less.. but none of it is actually happening or means anything..

i have a recurring dream, that i'm fucking someone i shouldn't be.. but when i wake up she is never there and my wife is and all is well in the world.. i just smile that i got to see that particular 'movie' again.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
the idea is that yes dreams are based on our experiences.. but ordered into a story sequence based on occurances of our lives or in a paranormal sense.. things that will or could be... it may not be the event as it will happen, but is using elements we have seen, heard, and experienced to portray that... to put it one way.. think of the bible.. written by 7 sages who we're givin visions by god. But they still only knew what they had learned through the years they lived. So thier visions were based on things they knew.. so a sword of stars could be a comet or a meteor... the rain of fire could be a meteor shower or nuclear bomb.... and so on...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Darklight said:
the idea is that yes dreams are based on our experiences.. but ordered into a story sequence based on occurances of our lives or in a paranormal sense.. things that will or could be... it may not be the event as it will happen, but is using elements we have seen, heard, and experienced to portray that... to put it one way.. think of the bible.. written by 7 sages who we're givin visions by god. But they still only knew what they had learned through the years they lived. So thier visions were based on things they knew.. so a sword of stars could be a comet or a meteor... the rain of fire could be a meteor shower or nuclear bomb.... and so on...
yeah yeah yeah..
but that's interpreting.. if we chose to we could interpret everything.. the burger wrapper lying in the street means you were a cow in a previous life..?

it's all far too tenuous for me..

i dream because i am asleep and my mind is still 'beating', but without direct stimulus it just makes up crazy shit and has no idea what it is doing.. then i wake up and takeover, with much the same results..

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
and that is in our own beliefs.. like I said some think its a statement from your mind of your own life.. some think its a future site.. some think its nothing more then random crap you seen throughout the day slapped together in some kind of coherant line of events to entertain your mind as it rests...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Houses are significant of solidity, safety, rememberance in most cases. If you had a hard childhood, the girl may have been a representation of that, especially if throughout your childhood there was a male figure who was abusive.

Dreams are not paranormal per se, but they are very specifically our internal selves, that 90% of your brain that you never use. So, who knows? science still can not explain dreaming significance.

Void, that is not to say that all dreams are significant, Ive dreamt of work and washing dishes. But, I have also known the sex of each of my children before they were born because i dreamt of them as children when I was pregnant with them.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
But, I have also known the sex of each of my children before they were born because i dreamt of them as children when I was pregnant with them.
well that's just different, i NEVER underestimate the power of a pregnant woman, not since one physically attacked me while i was busy on mushrooms instead of busy giving a damn about her..

i'll just choose to be right on this one.. if dreams really are the link to my 95% untapped psyche then i am totally fucked and i prefer to think i have more potential than that.. ;)

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I used to have this dream that my family was in a room in my aunt's old house... We'd all be unpacking our bags, and then my dad would stand under this thing that looked like half a U-bend pipe (so it was pointing down, kind of like a faucet, but just a pipe) and fire would shoot out of it and he would jump out the window... Not as much jump as just appear out the window but he somehow always made it to outside of the window...

*shrug* Used to reoccur until I asked my dad if I could have the same dream twice (I was 5 or so) and he made me tell him the dream...

Invader

Last Living Souls
A Dream I had last night.

All my friends and I were just walking around downtown Salem, when one of my friends got a 'brilliant' idea. He was going to steal my neighbors dirtbike and ride it around. Little did I know, he was really going to do it. Three hours later, he comes back with it and gives it to me. So, I hop on and start riding it. The guy he stole it from saw me and came outside and said he was calling the cops. The cops brought me to court and the judge was very very hypocritical. She judged me on my appearance (not in court, but outside of court), my personality (including my symptoms of depression) and the music I liked. She found me guilty with no evidence that I took it and I was sentenced to 90 days without bail in prison. Now, that is fucked up!

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
I dream quite often that my teeth are falling out even though I have really good teeth. It's wierd because I can always feel them moving around and actually feel them falling out. :::Shudder:::

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
countrygrl said:
I dream quite often that my teeth are falling out even though I have really good teeth. It's wierd because I can always feel them moving around and actually feel them falling out. :::Shudder:::
I've actually had a quite a few dreams like that. I chalk it up to a personal fear of getting old. more specifically the more visual signs of aging like losing my teeth and hair... I'm a big kind of guy and not much too look at but spose I still have alittle vanity...

Invader

Last Living Souls
I think I kind of figured out my dream. I think that Im just telling myself that I am afraid of what people think of me. And not that I am a trouble-maker, but maybe, some of the people I hang out with are trouble-makers. I mean, it makes sense to me, but idk if it is analysized right...

Invader

Last Living Souls
You are right, and the sad thing is, I am not doing anything about it. I do not care as they are like family to me and seeing as my real 'family' doesnt give two shits about me doesnt change anything.

Jugular

volatile
i have a recurring dream, that i'm fucking someone i shouldn't be.. but when i wake up she is never there and my wife is and all is well in the world.. i just smile that i got to see that particular 'movie' again.
Same here, except its not just sex, my mind also has a soft spot for making out.

Being that we as humans only use a small amount of our potential brain power, why not have REM(Rapid Eye Movement) dreams tie into the future or some one elses thoughts. I have disturbing dreams all the time. When, for the short time, I was a devout servant of the Lord, I had lots of dreams of the 'apocalypse' and 'hell'. I even dreamt that I'd fall (stop being faithful) and guess what? That's right where I am? Does that make me psychic? ..... probably not. Psycho, schiczo, maso, take your pick, but not psychic. Does that make my dreams tap into the future? Who knows such things. All I know is, dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Quitii

Spank {the monkey}
fortemptation said:
Being that we as humans only use a small amount of our potential brain power, why not have REM(Rapid Eye Movement) dreams tie into the future or some one elses thoughts. I have disturbing dreams all the time. When, for the short time, I was a devout servant of the Lord, I had lots of dreams of the 'apocalypse' and 'hell'. I even dreamt that I'd fall (stop being faithful) and guess what? That's right where I am? Does that make me psychic? ..... probably not. Psycho, schiczo, maso, take your pick, but not psychic. Does that make my dreams tap into the future? Who knows such things. All I know is, dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
on that note, i've had quite a few dreams come true, not always exactly how my dreams happen, but they can usually tell me certain situations that will happen. for example, a friend of mine hadn't been talking to me because i pissed her off. (yes i know that i'm ignoring my SHIFT key) a few months after she stopped talking to me, i had a dream. we were talking, she was smiling, and i can't remember where we were at anymore. anyways, i talk to her about a week after my dream, and sure as shit, i was hanging out at her house that same night and we were talking, she was smiling. i'm not saying that i'm psychic, it may merely be a coincidence which happens a lot. my point is that its entirely possible that dreams could tell the future. which brings us back to deja vu.