WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, is your new home.

Drugs in the heartland

I drift into consciousness slowly, timidly, so as not to anger my mind further. Then, I roll out of bed and fish out my kit. It was a long party last night, strange and full of demons reveling in hedonism. The girl I spoke with, a year younger than I and pregant, she spoke between puffs off a cigarette and pulls off a beer. She told me about her misguided views and opinions about her life, all lies and bullshit. Her life will be hell and I know it. I know the "man" who got her pregnant, he makes me look like a fucking honor student.
As I chop up my line and prepare for the day, I reflect on the absurdity of my chosen medication. Next, I shrug away my fears and inhibitions and I take the line. Like a blast of fire in my mind, soon the thoughts and images come too fast to be dealt with.
I remember that my crank-head friend Steve wants a ride to pick up his check. I pull on some clothes, whatever won't stick to the wall, and I head out the door. I'm forced to squint as I enter the bright daylight but I embrace the light, the beauty. I'm thankful to be living in a place where so much beauty still exists amidst the ever-increasing tide of human shit.
I turn the key and, after a few uncertain moments and a few choice words, my car starts up. I light up a Marlboro and roll down the window to let in fresh air; a conflict in interests which I am not unaware of.
I take in the sights of my small town, a place everyone is just passing through. Indiana, the cross-road of America, one big fucking pit-stop and my home.

This work of fiction is dedicated to the memory of Hunter S. Tompson