WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines DUI check points nixed

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I know this is VORs territory... posting an article but here goes anywayz...
Czech points
OAKLAND -- Oakland police officers have stopped setting up roadblocks to check whether drivers are under the influence because of a rash of complaints from the Latino community and City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente.
The checkpoints, which allow officers to demand licenses and proof of insurance, are an effective way to get drunken drivers off Oakland's streets, city leaders agree. But the checks also have ensnared dozens of illegal immigrants who are not licensed to drive yet otherwise obey the law.
This is sad... they are stopping czech points because they are catching too many illegals... WTF

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
teh anarchist said:
wow, that's pathetic. I mean, what, budget cuts or just lazyness?
no... Political Correctness... people are mad that illegals are caught...

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
DanGeo23 said:
I know this is VORs territory... posting an article but here goes anywayz...
Czech points
This is sad... they are stopping czech points because they are catching too many illegals... WTF
oh well...it's sad

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Sounds like a case of Republicans trying to win over the hispanic vote. :D

morelos

lexicon incognito
AHAHAHAHA...

actually, it's called "trying to keep your job."

here -in- oakland, the latino community is the single strongest voter group. in the 1960s and 1970s it was the black community.

"but they're talking about illegals!! wtf? illegals can't vote!"

the illegals are usually members of the families of US citizens. how do you think they are housed in the first place? because of the strong sense of family values in the latino community, you're talking about half of oakland's voters being affected by the DUI checks.

funny that i never heard about it, though.

~ dan ~

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I just read that Oakland has a HORRENDOUS crime rate...something like 6,300 violent crimes per 100,000 people, i do not disagree that drunk drivers and illegal immigrants are a problem, but you have to agree that the police could be doing a lot more good in violent areas than sitting outside a fucking olive garden trying to see if Jose has sipped to much wine

morelos

lexicon incognito
yes, oakland does have a hideous violent crime rate. it's more like 2000 violent crimes per 100,000 heads.

the nice part is the several hundred murders each year.

morelos said:
yes, oakland does have a hideous violent crime rate. it's more like 2000 violent crimes per 100,000 heads.

the nice part is the several hundred murders each year.
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like, more than France!