WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dumb Laws

Slacker

Postaholic
I find this funny.

Idaho
*Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
*You may not fish on a camel's back.
*Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime.
*If a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are engaging in sex, he must either honk, or flash his lights and wait for three minutes before approaching the car.

O.k. the first one I have broken A lot of times.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Arizona laws that aren't really funny.

*There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.

That's only in effect for cutting down 100 year+ giant saguarros.

*When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.

This one's only in effect for large jumps, i.e. using a shotgun to defend yourself from someone with a stick.

Linksy said:
I find this funny.

Idaho
*If a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are engaging in sex, he must either honk, or flash his lights and wait for three minutes before approaching the car.
Well, now I know what state to be in next time I feel like getting road head. :happysad:

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
Arizona needs to give this law to Alabama

It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
New Jersey oral sex is illegal.. and not just in public.. If a cop walks by your open window and sees your girl going down on you, he can arrest you.. not that he will since he's too busy picking up a hooker in his car while doing drugs he just confiscated off of a dealer..

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
In California it's illegal to eat an orange in your bathtub.

It is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.

It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

A D.C. federal judge has ruled that begging is a form of free speech protected by the Constitution. That means that mugging is free speech too, only more persuasive.

You may not kiss your wife's breasts.

I ran across these, on a law humor website. lmfao@stupidity.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
* In certain sections of Pennsylvania many years ago, the Farmer's Anti-Automobile society set up some "rules of the road." In effect, they said

1. "Automobiles traveling on country roads at night must send up a rocket
every mile, then wait ten minutes for the road to clear."

2. "If a driver sees a team of horses, he is to pull to one side of the road and
cover his machine with a blanket or dust cover that has been painted to blend into the scenery."

3. "In the event that a horse refuses to pass a car on the road, the owner must take his car apart and conceal the parts in the bushes."

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
The thing that get me is the laws that came out as the result of something. "In Alaska it illeagle to push a moose out of an airplane." :confuse: "In Illinois it illeagle to eat in a place thats on fire" :confused: Why are these even laws? Theres a shit load of these that are truly dumb. :(

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Texas

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

Well, gee, thats a problem!

Nickds7

Unprotected Sleeper
WaFfLeS said:
In California it's illegal to eat an orange in your bathtub.
I just came from taking a bath and i was eating an orange at the same time... guess im a criminal :(

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
According to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the only authorized sexual activity for service members is intercourse missionary style with spouse.

wootness

Banned - What an Asshat!
i heard some were in america i think idaho (im not sure im australian) that your not alowed to carry an icy pole in your back pocket

morelos

lexicon incognito
all of the california "laws" are either stripped of their contextual value (car without a driver - this was for remote-controlled and unmanned vehicles such as large prototype auto-pilot cars) or are obviously the result of someone losing a court case for something else and getting hell-bent, then going around claiming it's a law by precedent (illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss - clearly some asswipe bitching because he lost a criminal sexual harassment case where he thought he did nothing wrong).

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Woodreaux said:
According to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the only authorized sexual activity for service members is intercourse missionary style with spouse.
dont forget the general article.. if it comes down to it an we really wanna screw you.... we'll make something up...

for those who dont know thats the basics of what the general article is... it says vaguely "For any instance not covered by any other article that involves the breaking of a law, moral code, or military behaivor, it shall be covered under this article.". the we can just make it up law..