WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dumb People thread

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Basically tell one story about one dumb person you meant today.

Today Jesse was Ordering a sandwiches for both of us. Both were the same thing expect for he didn't want mayo on one of them.

The lady replies, "Which one don't you want mayo on?"

Jesse says, "one of the Mushroom Swisses"

the lady say, "the first or second one?"

Jesse "the second one...."

He pulls up to the window and the lady is going, "oh hehehe... there both the same."

DUH

Insanitee

I know where you live!
:question:
I'm probably going to get burned for this.... However...

If your creating a new post about dumb people, don’t you think you should check the spelling, grammar and punctuation before you actually post it???

Dave666

Pot-Head
Today at lunch(I got two slices of pizza) and handed the lady a $10 bill, and she said do you want two fives and five ones or a ten and a five. I told her I just gave her a ten and she said i know how do you want your change your holding up the line. She was the dimbest person I ever met.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Insanitee said:
I'm probably going to get burned for this.... However...

If your creating a new post about dumb people, don’t you think you should check the spelling, grammar and punctuation before you actually post it???

Figured by now everyone knows i can't spell and my grammar sucks....

but Hi, welcome to the tread. I went and revised it for ya

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
North or South

I was chatting with one of my friends from Chicago on AOL and he invited me into a chat room with a couple of his college friends.
I said I was from Korea, and he asked (I get this all the time) North or South.
This may not strike you as an odd question, but just think about it for a second.

North Koreans use the internet? Three quarters of their population suffers from malnutrition. They have bark fried rice in the winter because they have no food. "Golly, I'm so fucking hungry, I could use the internet!"

Quite a few North Koreans don't have shoes much less electricity.

And why would North Korea its people to access unsupervised chatrooms...
to people the UNITED STATES? Yeah, because the North Korean government wants their people to have unlimited access to revolutionary ideas, religion, and WTF.com.

There's a lot more shit I could say, but I'll leave it at that.

So I asked him,
Me: Hey Dumbshit. Where are you from?
Him: America. I was born here.
Me: North of South?
Him: Hahaha, what kind of question is that?

*sigh... :mfinger:

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
"So, wait, you're in band?"
"yeah"
"HAHAHAHAHA So you...play...music?"
"Yep. That's typically what we do."
"why didn't you just take up a sport or something like normal people? You know, non-nerds?"
"Because I wanted to preserve some brain cells"
"Alright whatever I didn't understand what you just said NERD. I bet you hang out on the internet a lot"
"Yep. I loves me some internet"
"Hahaha that's because you're a band fag!"
"..."

I have this conversation WAY too often. Yes, it happened just like that today. And yes, I figured out how to verbalize an ellipsis.

My stupid convo went like this...

"I'm going to summer school" <--- me...
"Why would you wanna do that?"
"Because I can have a spare, take an extra course, or get out of high school earlier."
"Why would you wanna do that?"
"So that I can further my education, or get a part-time job, or get out of school eardly...??"
"That makes no sence"
"...."

Janglenut

Particinator
bombchu said:
I was chatting with one of my friends from Chicago on AOL and he invited me into a chat room with a couple of his college friends.
I said I was from Korea, and he asked (I get this all the time) North or South.
This may not strike you as an odd question, but just think about it for a second.

North Koreans use the internet? Three quarters of their population suffers from malnutrition. They have bark fried rice in the winter because they have no food. "Golly, I'm so fucking hungry, I could use the internet!"

Quite a few North Koreans don't have shoes much less electricity.

And why would North Korea its people to access unsupervised chatrooms...
to people the UNITED STATES? Yeah, because the North Korean government wants their people to have unlimited access to revolutionary ideas, religion, and WTF.com.

There's a lot more shit I could say, but I'll leave it at that.

So I asked him,
Me: Hey Dumbshit. Where are you from?
Him: America. I was born here.
Me: North of South?
Him: Hahaha, what kind of question is that?

*sigh... :mfinger:

Believe it or not, a lot of people from North Korea are on the internet. So, it's not really a stupid question.

Zoso

Zappafied
i live here in Texas and i am from Virgina. I am sick of people calling me a yankee. First of all, Virginia is home to the CAPITOL OF THE CONFEDERACY and the home and birthplace of Robert E. Lee who was responsible for the little success the south had in the war. im not a "rebel redneck" or anything like that but come on, IM NOT A YANKEE!!!!!!!!!! (and its not just a choice few. its like everyone i talk to in this godfersaken state. granted, i havnt seen much of this state except the northern part, but so far the people here are pretty dumb!)

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Janglenut said:
Believe it or not, a lot of people from North Korea are on the internet. So, it's not really a stupid question.
I agree that you could argue internet access.
But the information that they can view is extremely restricted, and a very small percent of the population actually have access to it.

I just don't think they would allow people to use AIM in North Korea.

Jung

???
Premium
Janglenut said:
While they are on the net, it's mostly internet cafe's and such, rather than home access. Also, the content is filtered and extremely limited. Korea, like Japan and China, also has an extremely slow connection to the rest of the world.
bombchu said:
But the information that they can view is extremely restricted, and a very small percent of the population actually have access to it.
Correct, most Koreans don't have internet access in their homes. However, there are hordes of internet and gaming cafe's all over Korea. This is how the majority of Koreans access the internet, these cafe's are also monitored.

I just don't think they would allow people to use AIM in North Korea.
I remember Korean girls using AIM (from the cafe's) as well as having IMs and internet ready cell phones. (again, crippled interet, but internet access all the same.)

Janglenut

Particinator
Yes, I've talked to people that have had AIM from North Korea.
As you said Jung, NK's love the Warcraft. :-/

Dave666

Pot-Head
Zoso said:
i live here in Texas and i am from Virgina. I am sick of people calling me a yankee. First of all, Virginia is home to the CAPITOL OF THE CONFEDERACY and the home and birthplace of Robert E. Lee who was responsible for the little success the south had in the war. im not a "rebel redneck" or anything like that but come on, IM NOT A YANKEE!!!!!!!!!! (and its not just a choice few. its like everyone i talk to in this godfersaken state. granted, i havnt seen much of this state except the northern part, but so far the people here are pretty dumb!)
"All that comes from Texas are steers and queers, and you sure as hell don't look like a steer so you must be a queer" Full Metal Jacket. JK. That sucks how the hell do they get calling you a Yankee if your from Virginia, thats funny how dumb so people are.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
For Jangle :)

Just to add onto what Jung said,

junglizm said:
Correct, most Koreans don't have internet access in their homes. However, there are hordes of internet and gaming cafe's all over Korea. This is how the majority of Koreans access the internet, these cafe's are also monitored.
It is true that there are hordes of gaming cafe's, but the internet cafe explosion is limited to South Korea, and the censorship is limited to North Korea.

North Korea has extremely underdeveloped IT. What little technology the North does posess is there to enforce censorship (voice recognition technology/encryption technology) or to save face, and not fall behind with the rest of the world(communications technology).
Korea Times Article about IT training overseas.
In order to train people to help with the national newspaper, they have to send a very select few (2 People) to Germany for image editing training.

junglizm said:
I remember Korean girls using AIM (from the cafe's) as well as having IMs and internet ready cell phones. (again, crippled interet, but internet access all the same.)
I think you are referring to the recent cell phone smuggling issue. A few working cell phones were smuggled across the border to North Korea by South Koreans hoping to establish communications with their long lost families, but cell phone communication in the North is not a common thing.

Early last week, a huge portion of North Korean city residents were mobilized for farm work to prepare for the looming famine. ==> I could feed my family, but I want to play starcraft and chat online.

Rice or AOL...
RICE.
But... I like AOL.
But I'm so hungry...

Janglenut said:
Yes, I've talked to people that have had AIM from North Korea.
As you said Jung, NK's love the Warcraft. :-/
Jangle, really no offense intended.
I wish I could talk to North Koreans.
If you're talking to North Koreans why waste the opportunity!
Spam them with religion!!
Teach them how to make bombs!!
Tell them that homosexual tendencies are the shit!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Today's wonderful conversation comes from my mother
Her: So did you get your summer reading yet?
Me: Two of the books, at least. Still waiting for the third.
Her: Oh, so which two did you get?
Me: Waiting for Godot and A Wild Sheep Chase
Her: ...So have you gotten Angela's Ashes yet?
Me: I just told you the two I got. Angela's Ashes is the one I'm waiting for.
Her: Yeah, I got that. But have you got Angela's Ashes yet?

...Sometimes I SWEAR she must be fucking with my head...

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
Not really a dumbass but a bull-shitter. This was a conversation with some additions so you know what I'm talking about

I was wearing a pmi (paintball) jeresey

noob: You play paintball
me: Yeah, do you
noob: Yeah, what kind of gun do you have?
me: A Spyder (beginners gun, but can be upgraded quite well. cost: ~90)
noob: I got a DM5 (extremly high end gun, what most pros use. Cost ~1,500)
me: Really? (i know he's BS right now) You running co2 or HPA? (air source to power the gun. co2 is cheaper, but less reliable, HPA is realbile, but expensive. A DM5 will only take HPA)
noob: Neither. It's electric
me: no. What is your air source?
noob: (screaming) It's electric!
me: whatever. are you on a team?
noob: Chicago aftershock (pro team. paintball equal of NFL)
me: really? I didnt see you at the last game against the diamonds (made up- team)
noob: nah, I was sick.

then I just laughed then walked away.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
He has nothing better to do than to bullshit you about being a pro paintballer?
Why does he want to impress you that badly? I give him a G, for GAY.