WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Dying monitor?

magnolia

Postaholic
My monitor is acting odd. Every once in a while the screen will expand itself and stay that way until I turn it off for a bit. And if I have it on for too long sometimes the room starts to smell like finger paints.

So does this mean that it's dying on me and I'll have to get it replaced? Or do you guys think it could be something else?

Jung

???
Premium
Well, it could be the monitor or the video card. I'd try to see exactly where the smell is coming from, and try using the monitor at length on another PC if at all possible. If the smell is coming from the monitor then, yeah, I'd definitely replace it. You should be able to find a sub-19" CRT for around $100, if not less.