WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

EB, FYE, Gamestop , & the like.

2
0
0
#1
:mfinger: I just wanna say that these places really piss me off to no end. I go there looking for a new game and in most circumstances, they have said game. Here is where the shitty part comes into play. Instead of leaving the $50+ games in their respective cases, these slices of shit remove them and place them into their own thin, see-through packages. This usually wouldn't bother me, save for the fact that when these assholes do this, they almost always scratch the disc beyond anything that resembles a new disc, and then have the nerve to call the merchandise new and charge full market vakue for them. EB, Gamestop, FYE, you all can suck my schlong.:(
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
1
0
#2
they have to do that with at least one of each new title so they can have a display box.. they have sealed copies of most newly released games..
buy the games online for less money.. or go to target..
eb and gamestop is good for used games, i don't buy new stuff much..
 
2
0
0
#3
Thanks for the tip. I have never bought a game at Target before, but I'm gonna check there next.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#4
hokkyokuguma said:
:mfinger: I just wanna say that these places really piss me off to no end. I go there looking for a new game and in most circumstances, they have said game. Here is where the shitty part comes into play. Instead of leaving the $50+ games in their respective cases, these slices of shit remove them and place them into their own thin, see-through packages. This usually wouldn't bother me, save for the fact that when these assholes do this, they almost always scratch the disc beyond anything that resembles a new disc, and then have the nerve to call the merchandise new and charge full market vakue for them. EB, Gamestop, FYE, you all can suck my schlong.:(
I hate GameStop for another reason - they have stopped carrying retro used titles besides N64 games.

What the fuck?! I don't want to buy my Genesis titles over eBay! And they little cocksuckers don't even stock Dreamcast stuff anymore :mad::mfinger:.
 

Fideru

Agitated Pancake
99
0
0
#5
Well, due to some requests I stopped posting about fire but com'on. This thread fire and burning down stores is the perfect answer.
 

JCdecaux

Your Friend in the Fridge
35
0
0
#6
hokkyokuguma said:
:mfinger: I just wanna say that these places really piss me off to no end. I go there looking for a new game and in most circumstances, they have said game. Here is where the shitty part comes into play. Instead of leaving the $50+ games in their respective cases, these slices of shit remove them and place them into their own thin, see-through packages. This usually wouldn't bother me, save for the fact that when these assholes do this, they almost always scratch the disc beyond anything that resembles a new disc, and then have the nerve to call the merchandise new and charge full market vakue for them. EB, Gamestop, FYE, you all can suck my schlong.:(
stop whining, meh meh meh, my disks are scratched. Is it really enough reason to start a post? I mean, am i gunna go start a post about how the chick that owns my local corner shop doesnt where gloves when handling food? EB sells games, if they don't work and its there fault, just tell em and theyll refund it.
IF you want you can take it up in B & T but it aint worth it.
(OOHHHH SHIT, i just posted that on THE INTERNET, my ass is flamed)
 
4,248
1
0
#7
All this talk of Gamestop reminds me of a story.

A friend of a friend was telling me about how he works at a Gamestop, and one day this red-haired Irish kid with freckles dressed in full gangsta gear who couldn't have been older than 14 comes in. He asks "What's better, Madden 2006 or NCAA Tournament 2006?". The friend working the counter says "Hmm...I guess I'd say Madden." The reply of the little Irish kid was "*****, I'll break yo spine." Just imagine it in a high pitched voice. So he goes "I was just giving you my opinion, you asked for it", and the kid goes "Fuck you man, fuck you!" knocking over the Nintendogs display as he walks out.

It was funny to me anyway.
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
2,799
332
#8
TheLampIncident said:
All this talk of Gamestop reminds me of a story.

A friend of a friend was telling me about how he works at a Gamestop, and one day this red-haired Irish kid with freckles dressed in full gangsta gear who couldn't have been older than 14 comes in. He asks "What's better, Madden 2006 or NCAA Tournament 2006?". The friend working the counter says "Hmm...I guess I'd say Madden." The reply of the little Irish kid was "*****, I'll break yo spine." Just imagine it in a high pitched voice. So he goes "I was just giving you my opinion, you asked for it", and the kid goes "Fuck you man, fuck you!" knocking over the Nintendogs display as he walks out.

It was funny to me anyway.
You'd love this site.


One of my friends used to work at a Gamestop as well, and when I'd hang out with him there'd always be something hilarious happen. My favorite memory is about a 23 year old regular named Edward. Now, Edward never had an easy life. One look at him could tell you that. He was stuck in a wheelchair for life thanks to a birth defect that left his legs shriveled little stumps. This left him overweight, and he would also have to shave his head regularly.

Well, one day there were a couple of kids in the store which I'm guessing were about 14. Being the little dicks that you could tell they were, they started picking on him. Edward wasn't having any of it. He turned towards one of the kids and said "You little bitches wanna start something?" Everyone in the store paused in shock, except the little kids.

Before I continue, I should explain a little something about Edward's wheelchair. This thing was a beast. I don't know if it was custom made for offroad riding or what, but it had some real power. The front wheels were just as big as the back wheels, and both sets were set out at the very ends of the chair (the front wheels still had to be set wider than the back wheels so they didn't rub), and he could probably get that going somewhere upwards of 6 or 7 mph. That's right, a fucking wheelchair that could go that fast. It sounded like an electric, but I think there was a gas motor hiding somewhere in there.

Back to the story. As soon as Edward turned towards them, one of the kids says "Yeah, that's right. We'll kick-" BOOM. Edward went full speed right into the kid and plowed him down. The kid just laid there for a few moments, then started screaming and tried running (limped) out of the store with his friend. Kid's knees and shins must have taken a pretty hard shock, but when we looked where the kid was laying, there were two teeth in the carpet along with a small pool of blood. An overweight cripple had just completely beaten the shit out of someone. The manager made one of the clerks pick up the kid's teeth in a kleenex and take them to him. When he got back, he said the kid had blood all down his shirt. Nobody ever saw those little punks again, and Edward was a local hero until he moved away.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#9
Nailbomb said:
You'd love this site.


One of my friends used to work at a Gamestop as well, and when I'd hang out with him there'd always be something hilarious happen. My favorite memory is about a 23 year old regular named Edward. Now, Edward never had an easy life. One look at him could tell you that. He was stuck in a wheelchair for life thanks to a birth defect that left his legs shriveled little stumps. This left him overweight, and he would also have to shave his head regularly.

Well, one day there were a couple of kids in the store which I'm guessing were about 14. Being the little dicks that you could tell they were, they started picking on him. Edward wasn't having any of it. He turned towards one of the kids and said "You little bitches wanna start something?" Everyone in the store paused in shock, except the little kids.

Before I continue, I should explain a little something about Edward's wheelchair. This thing was a beast. I don't know if it was custom made for offroad riding or what, but it had some real power. The front wheels were just as big as the back wheels, and both sets were set out at the very ends of the chair (the front wheels still had to be set wider than the back wheels so they didn't rub), and he could probably get that going somewhere upwards of 6 or 7 mph. That's right, a fucking wheelchair that could go that fast. It sounded like an electric, but I think there was a gas motor hiding somewhere in there.

Back to the story. As soon as Edward turned towards them, one of the kids says "Yeah, that's right. We'll kick-" BOOM. Edward went full speed right into the kid and plowed him down. The kid just laid there for a few moments, then started screaming and tried running (limped) out of the store with his friend. Kid's knees and shins must have taken a pretty hard shock, but when we looked where the kid was laying, there were two teeth in the carpet along with a small pool of blood. An overweight cripple had just completely beaten the shit out of someone. The manager made one of the clerks pick up the kid's teeth in a kleenex and take them to him. When he got back, he said the kid had blood all down his shirt. Nobody ever saw those little punks again, and Edward was a local hero until he moved away.
That is the best story I have ever heard. And a heads up - with all five gears enabled, those wheelchairs can go 30-40 miles per hour.

Repped.
JCDecaux said:
stop whining, meh meh meh, my disks are scratched. Is it really enough reason to start a post? I mean, am i gunna go start a post about how the chick that owns my local corner shop doesnt where gloves when handling food? EB sells games, if they don't work and its there fault, just tell em and theyll refund it.
IF you want you can take it up in B & T but it aint worth it.
(OOHHHH SHIT, i just posted that on THE INTERNET, my ass is flamed)
We used this pink shit, this CD goop that a guy in Canada literally manufactured in his basement.

It was called "PERMA-SPIN." And every Dreamcast owner needed to have some kind of disc repairng mechanism, those DC discs were double density CD's and horrendously fragile.

Buying used DC games is a risky gamble without a Disc Doctor or the like.