WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, is your new home.

eBay customer disservice

Founded in September 1995, eBay (Nasdaq: EBAY) is The World's Online Marketplace® for the sale of goods and services by a diverse community of individuals and small businesses. Today, the eBay community includes more than a hundred million registered members from around the world. People spend more time on eBay than any other online site, making it the most popular shopping destination on the Internet.

On an average day, there are millions of items listed on eBay. People come to eBay to buy and sell items in thousands of categories from collectibles like trading cards, antiques, dolls, and housewares to practical items like used cars, clothing, books and CDs, and electronics.

People from all over the world buy and sell on eBay. Currently, eBay has local sites that serve Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

But they don't even have a toll free number for users to contact customer service.

No, you have to send them an email, then wait up to a week for a response.

If you have an urgent need, too bad. As a seller, I pay roughly $100 to $200 a month in eBay fees alone, not to mention eBays merchant account holder, Paypal, who also takes a portion of the payments received. I'm only a speck on the map compared to millions of other sellers who sell tons more than me, and pay considerably more annually for their sellers / other fees, and they can't even offer any dependable form of company relations.

They have an option called "Live Help" where you can talk with a "support" representative. What a joke that is. If you discuss ANY issue with these people, they ALWAYS refer you to a link where you can send email to the appropriate department, then wait sometimes forever before receiving a response.

Hey, eBay, why not save some of the money that I and millions more are paying you, and actually EARN IT by firing these useless morons on your Live Help section, replacing them with automated robot responses (Which it might as well be anyway) and giving us, oh...I don't know...a BILLING DEPARTMENT? So when you DOUBLE CHARGE MY ACCOUNT I can have the issue resolved before I go into the negative? And lose my apartment waiting for your moronic responses through email.

Wait, no...I found a toll free number for eBay. On someone elses site who was having the same ISSUES, after searching for an hour. Of course, eBay has NO MENTION of this number on their site, anywhere. Why? You have this number, but you don't want people to call you? Are you too busy drinking champagne out of some strippers shoe that I BOUGHT FOR YOU somewhere in the Caribbean while I go broke?

And do you know what they said to me when I called them?

"Where did you get this number?"

Can you believe that shit? Where did I get the number? Why, so you can contact the person who posted it and tell them to remove it, because you cannot be bothered dealing with your customers concerns?

Turns out that the god damned morons at the other end of that line are the same exact god damned morons on Live Help, in that they provide you with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but a link to go to so you can send email. WTF?! I'm ON THE PHONE...WITH YOU...RIGHT NOW...You can't help me? I pay your fucking SALARY, ya PIECES OF SHIT! And when I say pieces of shit, I'm not talking about the nicely formed, easy going shits which have a bad, yet somehow interesting aroma. I'm talking about the dark, stinking, bowl filling shits, left for you to find, by some fat Arabian scumbag around the backside of the Xtramart that you have to carry a cinderblock on a keychain to.

Fuck off, eBay.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
You say you are a seller? If this is making you broke and you're losing your apartment on this... why don't you just stop? I don't get it. Or you know, you can keep on whining and bitching and hope that other people do things for you. Whichever.
No, you don't get it...but that's okay...

I meant, and I'm sorry if this wasn't clarified distinctly enough in my original post, that I go broke when eBay double charges me, or messes up my billing or sellers account, or I have a problem with them in general which requires some kind of money on my part...problems which stem from my inability to contact someone who can do something about the issues I'm having...which..uh...was sort of the uh...whole point of my post? But It's ok, some people just need a bit of a kick in the ass to jog their brains when the two happen to be so close together.

UPDATE! Dun-dundundun-dundundun...

This is what I'm talking about right mothafuckin here -

eBay bills me on the 15th of every month, through Paypal. This month, I owed somewhere in the realm of $150. eBay, today, on ..what is this..the 1st of March, 15, and I can't capitalize numbers, so let me emphasize here by saying FIF-FUCKIN-TEEN days later, my account is finally charged...Great, so I review my sellers account to find that my balance due is STILL $170 or $180 or whatever. I contact the good ol' fucks at LIVE HELP, and they say "Oh, We don't have any records of that payment being made."

WOW...Well listen up, my Payment ID is DX9838XQ5489FUCKING C DASH 12

"Sorry, sir...we're going to have to do an investigation in this matter...It could take up to 30 days"

Awesome! So, 30 days from now, when you finally realize that my payment WAS made, you'll have charged me that, IN ADDITION to my CURRENT amount due which you will have gotten ONCE ALREADY...

THEN I'll have to contact some fucking shrib on Live Help to explain to them that I was double charged, then I'll have to wait ANOTHER month for them to refund the money, which will not be refunded to me directly, but will be credited to my Sellers fees.

I hope you get it now