WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Einsatzgruppen

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
the einsatzgruppen were death squads that belonged to the schustaffel and followed the wehrmacht first in poland then in the soviet union. they had some very strange goals, and that was to elimanate all resistance to german domination by killing "undesirable" people, anyone who gives them sharp looks. basically they went around executing random groups of civillians because they just felt like it, mostly jews and partisans. children were not spared.

after the occupation of poland, einsatzgruppen started killing people, mostly priests and teachers. the nazis considered all slavic people as untermenschen (subhumans).

after the invasion of the soviet union in 1941, their main assignment was to kill communists and jews on a much larger scale than in poland. they murdered more than 1 million jews, communists, POWS and gypsies. they also assisted the wehrmacht in killing 500,000 more.

usually posters were plastered around town informing all jews and other condemned people in an occupied area to gather on a certain day. once they assembled, the squads led them to a place where they were to be shot, which often contained mass graves and vast pits.

but they weren't happy with shooting people to death, it was costly on bullets, there were too many witnesses. there had to be a more efficient method. the soldiers themselves were beginning to lose their grip on reality through all the sensless violence.

trucks were implemented, which routed the exhaust fumes into the cargo section where the victims were placed. they died from carbon monoxoid poisoning. eventually places like auschwitz stemmed from this concept.

when world war II finished, senior leaders of the einsatzgruppen were put before courts of the american occupation, charged with crimes against humanity, war crimes, and membership in the SS (which had been declared a criminal organization), in what became known as the Einsatzgruppen Trial of the Subsequent Nuremberg Trials. Fourteen death sentences and two life sentences were among the judgments, although only four executions were carried out, on June 7, 1951, and the rest of these sentences were commuted.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
The ss-men also took excursions to the Soviet, while trying to solve the problem on how to more efficiently kill people, as the former way was too inhumane.. for the killer.
They tested explosives.. An SS officer travelled to soviet union with 400kg worth of explosives. They were then used to kill a group of sick and mentally ill people. The method proved not_good. Next morning soldiers had to pick up the remains and guts from the lower branches of the trees, while leavin the ones in the top to be eaten by birds, climbing to a tree would be too much of a hussle.
Then one officer had an ide3a, he was once almost suffocated to death while sleeping in his car. So why not use exhaust gases.. It worked quite well and could be used in a minor scale, which then was germans need anywho.
at the same time at Auschwitsch a young officer had come up with a cunning plan. Why not use the same toxin that was used to kill rodents. Zyklon B. When in connection with air, this would create a lethal gas. The experiments begun.
First two or three tries were not any good, they used too little poison and the prisoners would just end up dillusional, dhiorreatic and sick just wonderin around the hallways. The amount was increased. Tests were made at Auschwitsch area 11, a infamous place of interragations and beat_ups.

At this time another camp was starting to rise close to Auschwitsch; Birkenau. At first jews were not murdered.. It was a part of project euthanasia, a project to kill all the mentally ill and sick.The idea for killing the jews begun when Hampurgs governor asked i it coul relocate its jews to another place, as proper germans had lost their homes and needed a place to live.. Hitler said okay and the jews were shipped to the ghettoes in Poland.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Pfff, that's just the second worst manslaughter in history (just kidding. I know WWII was horrible.) Our ancestors are responsible for the first.

World's largest genocide : 80 million deaths.

Guess where it happened.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
omg, retart. that was taken straight from the BBC documetary series on auschwitz, i've got it on DVD

i just discovered that waffen SS who were late for duty, were court marshalled. the outcome would be a choice between execution, prison or joining the einsatzgruppen.

oh, and did you know himmler was formerly a chicken farmer?

Where is this going? Not to be an ass but it sounds like a history professor spouting out facts for the sake of hearing himself talk...

Of course it's interesting...I was just wondering if it was going to tie into a current event, or if it was a general history discussion.

RageAgainst said:
Pfff, that's just the second worst manslaughter in history (just kidding. I know WWII was horrible.) Our ancestors are responsible for the first.

Guess where it happened.
call me an idiot or whatever but i dont get it. what is the worlds largest genocide?

jamesp

In Memory...
RageAgainst said:

Guess where it happened.
Im gonna guess Africa. Thats thw whole guess. I dont know how or why, but it was in Africa.

jamesp said:
Im gonna guess Africa. Thats thw whole guess. I dont know how or why, but it was in Africa.
Actually no, the largest African genocide was in Rwanda in the 90's. I'm not sure where the largest all time genocide was, but my guess is it was the genocide of Native Americans.

Sektor

Particinator
Well, it could be when the US dropped the nukes on Japan. Or, it could be the Crusades, where the Catholics went and killed Jews and probably some Muslims in the name of God...

Sektor said:
Well, it could be when the US dropped the nukes on Japan. Or, it could be the Crusades, where the Catholics went and killed Jews and probably some Muslims in the name of God...
Well, the nukes didn't even kill 1 million people, the Crusades weren't aimed at Jews, but Muslims, and there is no way they killed 80 million of them. This means your post was either based on faulty information or you're just stupid.

Sektor

Particinator
Well excuse me for at least trying. My info was faulty.

And since you know so much that you're correcting people, why don't you tell us what killed 80 million people?

Sektor said:
Well excuse me for at least trying. My info was faulty.

And since you know so much that you're correcting people, why don't you tell us what killed 80 million people?
Video Games and Rock Music... They're evil. :rolleyes: