WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Electronic Music Bands?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I've always loved electronic music, but lately I'm getting hardcore into it, and I need suggestions. Hearing the same stuff over and over is pissin' me off.

What groups do you guys recommend?

Descent

Hella Constipated
PatticusRex said:
I dunno, what bands do you listen too?
Mainly generic remixes and stuff as of now. But this is the kid who made a 90-minute loop tape of the Mission 4: Armada theme from Sega's Shadow Squardron as a kid, so I'm open to anything. I still dig that song though, it's playing off my TV as I'm typing this.

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
Ah I see...check out sonicfury.net. It has some techno and stuff, some mixes may be 5 minutes, some are over an hour. It's pretty intense raver stuff though.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
electronic is different than techno and shit like that

you have to decide whether you're going to get into ambient type shit or like trance.

Shpongle
Infected Mushroom
any of the "ambient meditations" cd's
Newer Radiohead

i'm not claiming to know alot about the genre but in my experience...this is some of the better shit.

from there you should be able to get into it....shpongle and IM are more trancey and ambient meditations is just that....if you've never listened to Radiohead Kid A all the way through at least once....you might be a redneck.

Jung

???
Premium
You can see what I listen to by clicking here. It's kind of hard to give suggestions if you don't know what you like, but I'll give you a few of my favorites.

Big Bud - Real good two step/down tempo drum and bass
Adam Freedland - UK Breaks
Breakbeat Era - Roni Size side project; good drum and bass album
Hybrid - Good progressive Breaks
Chris Fortier - Progressive breaks
Chemical Brothers - Big beat / breaks
John B - Nu electro / drum and bass\
Krafty Kutz - Hip hop / electro breaks
Uberzone - Electro breaks
Crystal Method - Breaks
DJ Dara - Hard drum and bass
Plump DJs - Nu skool breaks
Aquasky - breaks / drum and bass
Black Sun Empire - hard dnb
Nu Breed - Nu skool breaks
Omni Trio - Atmospheric / down tempo dnb (check out Rogue Satellite and Haunted Science)
Technical Itch - Hard dnb
Koma and Bones - Nu skool breaks

I can think of a lot of other stuff, but I don't know if you'd like what I listen to. Anyway, that should give you an idea. Btw, here are some sites for mixes.

DOA - drum and bass and jungle.
Hybridized - progressive breaks / trance
www.nuskoolbreaks.co.uk
www.demostreams.com