WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Suggestion Ello...random ideas...not expecting them to generate insane excitement

ib4

Error
Staff
Why not try and reach out to old members to bring some activity back? Someone gave me a reason before...I don't remember it though. Nor do I see why it'd be a horrible idea.

Mass Email Inactive Members:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/inactive-members.2916/

We have a pretty diverse group here - Member Location Map:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-map.5188/

I totally like our premium page. This look though... not to mention I wouldn't mind having a selection pay for special something. I like blowing money here. In fact I think its donation time...
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/premium-page-themescorp-com.5000/

Why not have a section for all Q&A, nothing specific. Now of course, stupid questions are not welcome, but I mean true questions seeking solutions. Tech...automotive...whatever. Good traffic generator if it ever picked up eh? Mark as Resolved:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/resolved-mark-this-thread-as-resolved-themescorp-com.5197/

Anyway. I love this place just the way it is. Never hurts to point out add-ons though right? :D

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
We actually used to send out an occasional e-mail (once or twice a year?) especially when we redesigned the site to re-welcome old members.

We neglected to do it last time, and its long over due so sure we have no problem sending out an e-mail to non-banned members.

Perhaps we can even consider a small giveaway to entice them to post?

• 2Like
Reactions: ib4 and MaxPower

Jason

Founder
Oh, and to address the add-ons requests. As XF 2.0 is going alpha/beta this fall and winter, we do not want to introduce any new add-ons that need a rewrite at this time. We'll be adding lots of cool new functionality as add-ons are created or rejiggered to work with the new code base.

We'll also have to recode our design. ;)

• 1Helpful
  • 1Like
Reactions: MaxPower and BRiT

Jason

Founder
One of your suggestions was to ask questions, and marked them resolved.

We used to have a feature called "best answer", that was never re-coded unfortunately. That post would be highlighted at the top, with a best answer icon/crown with gold starts on it. Was pretty cool, but we don't have a current replacement.

I don't mind adding a "resolved" prefix icon to the "Ask A Ranter" forum for anyone who wishes to mark it resolved...

• 1Helpful
  • 1Like
Reactions: ib4 and BRiT

ib4

Error
Staff
We actually used to send out an occasional e-mail (once or twice a year?) especially when we redesigned the site to re-welcome old members.

We neglected to do it last time, and its long over due so sure we have no problem sending out an e-mail to non-banned members.

Perhaps we can even consider a small giveaway to entice them to post?
If you plan on sending that email and come up with a good idea for the giveaway other then just simply making a one time visit back to the forum, I will triple my donation amount this month or next month to help fund it. <3 WTF!? :D

Oh, and to address the add-ons requests. As XF 2.0 is going alpha/beta this fall and winter, we do not want to introduce any new add-ons that need a rewrite at this time. We'll be adding lots of cool new functionality as add-ons are created or rejiggered to work with the new code base.

We'll also have to recode our design. ;)
Makes total sense. Lets bring back the answer function! Sorry I didn't consider that. I haven't checks XF news recently. Wouldn't it be nice if you had another staff member super savy with XF and Web Dev to help you?!? :rolleyes:

...put me on the team coach!!...