WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Embedding + Myspace, WTF?

Alright, I have a myspace (stuffoo) and when I editted my profile, I put in an embed tag for a song and all worked perfectly. Now, whenever I use an embed tag, it apparantly parses the profile for <embed> and adds "allowScriptAccess="never", which I'm guessing stops the <embed> tag from working. I tried changing the code from embed to bgsound which I googled for cause I didn't know else how to put a sound up. Is there a way to stop this code, or use another tag that it doesn't have marked for fucking up?

My codes:

Code:
 <embed hidden="true" src="WTF.mp3">
^ that worked
Code:
 <embed hidden="true" allowScriptAccess="never" src="WTF.mp3">
^ that started recently and fucks up
Code:
 <bgsound src="WTF.mp3">
^ my lame attempt

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Just an FYI, most people who browse your myspace already are playing their own music, and don't wanna listen to your shitty music. :)

I'm personally glad embed's have been disabled. :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
*resists the large temptation to flame*

also what fzm said is 100% correct, they have their own music, and if they don't they may not want to be bothered by whatever song you put on

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
On topic though, look into the flash player that myspace has provided for their users. It doesn't play videos, and it doesn't auto-start music.

You can obtain this player by browsing to a band's myspace, and click the "add" link in their musicbox to 'add' the music to your own profile. :rolleyes:

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
WizardlyFriend said:
*resists the large temptation to flame*

also what fzm said is 100% correct, they have their own music, and if they don't they may not want to be bothered by whatever song you put on
erm myspace is about getting to know people... sometimes putting up music you enjoy is part of getting to know you.. imo

however i do believe it should be an option if you want to play it. it shouldnt just automatically go on.

anyway... try the myspace forum.

Oh, I used embed cause it was just what I knew at the time, didn't know adding a song via the myspace player was so easy, thanks. And yeah, having it hidden is pretty douchey.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
do it the easy way. browse for the band of whos music you want on your myspace and on their myspace it has a list of songs, click add to profile and there ya go. have fun.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Hypertron said:
do it the easy way. browse for the band of whos music you want on your myspace and on their myspace it has a list of songs, click add to profile and there ya go. have fun.

RTFT.

11-25-2005 11:58 PM
Fire_ze_Missles said:
On topic though, look into the flash player that myspace has provided for their users. It doesn't play videos, and it doesn't auto-start music.

You can obtain this player by browsing to a band's myspace, and click the "add" link in their musicbox to 'add' the music to your own profile.
Thanks for adding nothing of value to this thread. :rolleyes:

Ontopic: People are still using videos & music on their myspaces' that are autostarted. You might try viewing the source on their pages, and seeing how they are sneaking around the barrier. :thumbsup: