WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

English 101

Well, since some (if not most. :) ) of the users who visit this site suck at the english language, I'm going to give some pointers.

First of all: Differentiate between the uses of words that sound the same yet mean different things.

For example:

Incorrect:
some random noob said:
omg your dum.
Correct:
Some other guy said:
You're a fuckin' moron. People like you should have their breeding rights removed.
Second of all: This is not AOL. That means things like "omg u r so cool" is out. The correct phrase would be "You kick ass." It's not that difficult to type proper english. And no, it doesn't save time to abbreviate 3 letter words.

Third: grammer and grammar. Geht it right.

Fourth: Correct spelling will geht you far in life. If you have to type liek dis, u suk at lyfe. In fact, if you type like that, just give up. Now. Thanks.

Fifth: Abbreviations.
The "you're" thing has already been covered. But, that is not the only one. There are more. For example:

Incorrect:
the same random noob from above said:
You messed up right their.
Correct:
nobody important said:
You just fucked up right there, dumbass.
Incorrect:
There a bunch of idiots.
Correct:
They're all morons.
Sixth: Punctuation. A must-have for any good English user. It is used to convey (often) intellegent remarks, and makes your most much easier to read.

Without punctuation, the human race would surely fall. :happysad:

Seventh: Fuck seven. Seven sucks.

Eighth: Fuckin' taters.

If there's anything else, feel free to add.

Jack

Personable
I try to spell correctly and apply proper language usage. I renounce my use of omfg. Apologies all around.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
wow, ur p0st w4s 4m4zin, i cent beleve some1 wen 2 all dis truble so dat ppl like me new h0w 2 speel better; ty, i l1ked ur post dude. r0xx0r 1337

WizardlyFriend said:
wow, ur p0st w4s 4m4zin, i cent beleve some1 wen 2 all dis truble so dat ppl like me new h0w 2 speel better; ty, i l1ked ur post dude. r0xx0r 1337
I honestly don't see how people manage to read this let alone think it up in the first place.

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
I find it amusing that you made this whole post about the proper usage of the English language, yet you still used the WTFism of "geht".

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Unforgiven said:
Well, since some (if not most. :) ) of the users who visit this site suck at the english language, I'm going to give some pointers.

First of all: Differentiate between the uses of words that sound the same yet mean different things.

For example:

Incorrect:

Correct:

Second of all: This is not AOL. That means things like "omg u r so cool" is out. The correct phrase would be "You kick ass." It's not that difficult to type proper english. And no, it doesn't save time to abbreviate 3 letter words.

Third: grammer and grammar. Geht it right.

Fourth: Correct spelling will geht you far in life. If you have to type liek dis, u suk at lyfe. In fact, if you type like that, just give up. Now. Thanks.

Fifth: Abbreviations.
The "you're" thing has already been covered. But, that is not the only one. There are more. For example:

Incorrect:

Correct:

Incorrect:

Correct:

Sixth: Punctuation. A must-have for any good English user. It is used to convey (often) intellegent remarks, and makes your most much easier to read.

Without punctuation, the human race would surely fall. :happysad:

Seventh: Fuck seven. Seven sucks.

Eighth: Fuckin' taters.

If there's anything else, feel free to add.
:rotflmao:

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Ah, the internet.
*really fast deep breath through nostrils, snorting coke style*

For your information, the word "geht" has been incorporated into my every day language.

Sure, it still sounds like "get," it's just spelled differently.

Jung

???
Premium
This thread needs more :eng101:!

...that is all...

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Unforgiven said:
For your information, the word "geht" has been incorporated into my every day language.

Sure, it still sounds like "get," it's just spelled differently.
I understand that. I just thought it was amusing.

so n e wayz wutz up???///// lolz

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Semi-colons are easy to use; they pretty much take the place of a period in semi-related sentences.

Colons, however, are foreign to me. I use them in formal letters in place of a comma after the person's name, but that's all.

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
WTF is tl;dr?? God dammit I must know, for if I don't, my head will implode.