WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

English language sucks. True ? False ?

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Ya know, i'm still wondering about 1 fucking question, and I'm perfectly sure, that one of you could give an answer.

It's about americans, ok ? It's about YOU people in general, as most of the wtf'ers are propably americans. I'm still wonderin', why it was YOUR fucking language, that got to overrun the whole damn world, why ? Why wasn't it spanish, or even fucking german. 'Cause you see, most of the whole Europe thinks that you guys(and gals), are just fucking stupid right ? And, hey, they're damn right about it, aren't they ? Just look at a avarage image of a american : big, fat, with a burger in his hand, and a coke in another one, and a remote fucking control on his 'beer muscle'. You are lazy, and more than half of your God damn country voted for Bush. Now, THAT'S stOUpid, isn't it ? - hey, i'm polish, so I can't talk, right ? i know ppl in Poland are more fucking stupid than americans, but the post is not about pl ppl - SO back to my question - why ? Why english ? And don't tell me that once, before your country even existed, the mighty fucking England ruled over the fucking world, and it's because of that. It's NOT. English language is simple. It's simple, becuase most ppl are too stupid to learn harder languages, aye ? It's simple, because your nation (i'm not a fucking nazi, or smth) is too damn dumb, right ? And you're using this language, so it'll be easy for you to scream for more of the burgers and coke, hm ? AND why, oh WHY, the rest of the world decieded to use it ? We've tried to make the 'esperanto' language to be the international one. But, heck, it was too late, the english language was already on the top.

So - can anyone give me other answer than "Fuck off, you stupid, fucking mother-fucker ?"

AND another thing - i've heard ppl in America bitching about that to get ANY job, they have to know at least one foreign language. They (you) say that it's a big fucking joke, and for fuck's sake, WHY should they know at least one, damn, foreign language to get a job ?
You see - perphaps you're right, but WE, ppl in Europe, and in the rest of the world, have to learn not SOME foreign language, but YOUR fucking language to get ANY job. So next time, think about it, and stop the bitching.

Right, if somebody feels 'touched' by what i had written here, then my appologies. But remeber, that it's just what a one stupid dumbass have on his mind. Nothing more.

Cash21

Clitpickle
Just your third post and you're putting down at least 75% of the members here. Jesus...

I have an answer but instead of wasting my time attempting to answer your question and knock sone sense into your one-track mind I'de rather just say FUCK YOU! OK? :mfinger: ;)

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Why English? Because English is primary language of the last 2 hegemon states (U.S. & U.K.). End of Napolean's Continental System marked beginning of England's reign as dominant colonial & industrial power. After WWI, U.S. takes over.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I forgot to answer your question, English sucks? False. The grammar is based on German, therefore good for precise statements and questions.
But it is simpler than German (no gender suffixes for adjectives and no gender modifiers for conjugation of verbs). The vocabulary is huge, enough synonyms for rhyming poetry to exist and large paragraphs that don't repeat key nouns.
Oh yeah, Hollywood & Bollywood are the largest exporters of pop culture, and since English is popular in India, Bollywood also exports English.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Woodreaux said:
Why English? Because English is primary language of the last 2 hegemon states (U.S. & U.K.). End of Napolean's Continental System marked beginning of England's reign as dominant colonial & industrial power. After WWI, U.S. takes over.
And Bingo was his name-o.

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Gosh, i got my answer, awright. Though it is quite strange, how you people, are reacting - it's an uproar of hatred.
I'm not claiming i am right, and already said, that i'm just a morron, so keep it down. Woodreaux made his point nice an' clear, and i like that. That's really the 1st person who'd given me an clear answer, instead of (like most of you) : "ooh, you bitch, how dare you", or "stfu, you know nothin'" - well, maybe i don't, but then, i want someone to show me that i'm wrong.
So, my advice - have at least a 'bit' of self-criticize. You are reacting, like i was doing dunno what.
Oh, and btw - someone had given me and comment. It reads :"Fucker".
Well thanks. I really like it. Didn't knew going to be that popular in half a day.

</rant>

Tenderony
English is third. link

I think your just moaning like a little bitch because Polish came 26th.

English>Polish.

Opóźniać przegrywający udają się umierają.

heh, the wonders of the internet.

Easty

Click click boom
ill tell you why...
1. because im not allowed to say any racial stuff here, jump to #2.
2. our language is hard at first, but it's easily understood.
3. we're too lazy to take up a new one, and since we are the most powerful country in the world, either put up or shut up.
4. ur just jealous that you dont have a burger joint down every street. you do have streets do you?

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
</rant> said:
English is third. link

I think your just moaning like a little bitch because Polish came 26th.

English>Polish.

Opóźniać przegrywający udają się umierają.

heh, the wonders of the internet.
spanish is 2nd
i own, bitches

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
jajaja. You know what that mean, dont you?

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
ChilianFuckFace said:
Kinda, I know a little spanish, a little english, a little portuguese... :thumbsup:
cool :thumbsup:
Im going for german next semester, hope it to be easy.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hicts said:
cool :thumbsup:
Im going for german next semester, hope it to be easy.
I need to learn german by June 2006. I do not think I will make it though, because I have no time. Going to the world cup. Already got tickets! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
Thats my plan too, and Im managing my school to pay for it.
I can get in an exchange with a german student. But I need to take a german class first.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hicts said:
Thats my plan too, and Im managing my school to pay for it.
I can get in an exchange with a german student. But I need to take a german class first.
Hahaha, way to abuse the school system! I paid 1300+ for tickets from the first game until the final! Second category tickets. :thumbsup:

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
Well, they wont pay for the tickets, but they will pay for food, residence and traveling. But any help I can get is appreciated.
The issue is that I would have to take classes there, so, lack of time for soccer.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hicts said:
Well, they wont pay for the tickets, but they will pay for food, residence and traveling. But any help I can get is appreciated.
The issue is that I would have to take classes there, so, lack of time for soccer.
Dude, once you are there, fuck the classes and party up. It is going to be wild! :D