WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss enlightenment

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I grow weary of continously posting weed and sex threads so here something for all you "intellectuals" out there.

It has become popular recently to take on an atheistic point of view. a view that tells us that we are all just glorified monkeys running around trying to fuck everything in sight. I believe that there is something other than ourselves that has helped some humans attain a level higher than that of an animal, whether it be a god or maybe some higher knowledge, i believe that human beings recieve "enlightenment" from an outside source. my reasons for believing so stem from the ideas of perfection. no one out there can create a truly perfect circle and as far as we are concerned, a perfect circle does not exist. though we are aware that there is such a thing. how is it that we know of something with out actually experiencing it. i understand this point is rather generic and it could very well be transformed into any abstract thing such as the pythogorean thereom (sp?). so where do they come from??

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
I grow weary of continously posting weed and sex threads so here something for all you "intellectuals" out there.

It has become popular recently to take on an atheistic point of view. a view that tells us that we are all just glorified monkeys running around trying to fuck everything in sight. I believe that there is something other than ourselves that has helped some humans attain a level higher than that of an animal, whether it be a god or maybe some higher knowledge, i believe that human beings recieve "enlightenment" from an outside source. my reasons for believing so stem from the ideas of perfection. no one out there can create a truly perfect circle and as far as we are concerned, a perfect circle does not exist. though we are aware that there is such a thing. how is it that we know of something with out actually experiencing it. i understand this point is rather generic and it could very well be transformed into any abstract thing such as the pythogorean thereom (sp?). so where do they come from??
Humanities perfection is in the absence thereof.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
you guys are looking at it all wrong

what is perfect and what is not perfect?

there is no answer its all with int he limits of our mind and how we see things. one minute to us can seem like an hour to someone else. a day can seem like a year in terms of waiting. so it depends on what you see, how you see it and why you see it that way.

Humans are no diffrent then animals really. We our basic needs we are just able to better communicate them, which leads to a forum of regret. However animails have some type of regret and morning as well.... in certain types of animails and also they do get pleasure out of a sexual drive the same as we do.

sex is beautiful. should never be thought of as just fucking....... its part of that perfect circle that you and I have yet to truly see

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
bigck3000 said:

Well my athiest POV is more Darwin than that of "enlightenment" by ghosts or invisible skydaddys...er UFO's I don't believe that were alone in the black sky... humans came from a long line of evolution and were still evovling...

One could say that by new acceptence of interracial relationships that we would eventually fuck each other until were all one color...lol not that im agains that just somthing I thought about...

but yea monkeys....lmao on topic :p

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
_Kitana_ said:
you guys are looking at it all wrong

what is perfect and what is not perfect?

there is no answer its all with int he limits of our mind and how we see things. one minute to us can seem like an hour to someone else. a day can seem like a year in terms of waiting. so it depends on what you see, how you see it and why you see it that way.

Humans are no diffrent then animals really. We our basic needs we are just able to better communicate them, which leads to a forum of regret. However animails have some type of regret and morning as well.... in certain types of animails and also they do get pleasure out of a sexual drive the same as we do.

sex is beautiful. should never be thought of as just fucking....... its part of that perfect circle that you and I have yet to truly see
this is the kind of things where kit kicks ass

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
so kit, are you saying that everything is just relative to each person, like the way that i percieve perfection is entirely different than the way you do? if so lets define perfection, lets say that a perfect circle (which is a great band by the way) is simply a circle completely devoid of inequalities or that a perfect person is someone with no faults and so on. so if we can agree to this (which i think we can) how is it that both of us, having never discussed anything like this with each other know what i'm talking about when i say "perfect circle"?.....i may have worded this wrong, so if you dont know what i'm talking about...ask.

I mean the universal ideal of perfection how is it that we all know of perfection but have never experienced it?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
It's the same as God.

We may not know it when we see it, but we think it exists. A perfect circle, if it existed, would be useless. We'd have know way to know it was perfect.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i never thought about it like that before.....very compelling. well what about universal truths like math properties and constants within our perception....such as right now, some where its raining, i dont know where or how bad, because i'm not experiencing it...yet i know its happening. and the math thing is self explanatory, how is it that the pythogorean therom works every tiime no matter what.? once again ask questions, as i believe my thoughts are a bit rambling

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
i'm cunfuzzled?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
bigck3000 said:
i never thought about it like that before.....very compelling. well what about universal truths like math properties and constants within our perception....such as right now, some where its raining, i dont know where or how bad, because i'm not experiencing it...yet i know its happening. and the math thing is self explanatory, how is it that the pythogorean therom works every tiime no matter what.? once again ask questions, as i believe my thoughts are a bit rambling
Well, the whole thing is that you can't prove that it always works. Sure, you can support the theory/idea/whatever indefinately, but it only takes one time of it not working for it to be toast. We simply accept them without proof because it's easier, both for body and mind.

Sure, it's probably raining somewhere right now. In fact, it's probably raining somewhere all the time. But the minute it stops raining, then it's simply untrue.

Such is the permanence of fact. It's "fact" until it's proven wrong. But then, what is gravity? What is life, what is death, if we can never prove it right? Some day, somebody could "die", and then walk and talk like you and I. What's to say it won't? It's never happened (to our knowledge), but the fact is that everything could happen.

Hmm...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
bigck3000 said:

This may suprise you, but you are not the first person in the world to try acid.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
bigck3000 said:
so kit, are you saying that everything is just relative to each person, like the way that i percieve perfection is entirely different than the way you do? if so lets define perfection, lets say that a perfect circle (which is a great band by the way) is simply a circle completely devoid of inequalities or that a perfect person is someone with no faults and so on. so if we can agree to this (which i think we can) how is it that both of us, having never discussed anything like this with each other know what i'm talking about when i say "perfect circle"?.....i may have worded this wrong, so if you dont know what i'm talking about...ask.

I mean the universal ideal of perfection how is it that we all know of perfection but have never experienced it?

I truly do not know what you mean by a perfect circle. The perfect person is not going to be the same for everyone. One person faults can be a great attraction to another person. Yes I am saying that everyone had their own view on perfection........ "

ahhhhh that girl is stunning."

"She to skinny"

That circle is perfectly round.........
naw its a tad off

I am able to understand only a faction of what you mean by a perfect circle and perfection is again only exist with in our mind and not outside. we all strive for perfection why is it someone can be happy with a averange effort put into something and someone can not be happy less they go over the top? Cause each person idea of perfection is slightly diffrent and altarted.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
It's all about "String theory"

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Saying a Circle is perfect is a bit redundant, by definition, any shape that is truly a circle is an equal distance from one point to any other point directly across from it. In essence, a true circle is perfection. Everthing else is just an oval.
Since that is a physical state which can be measured, I don't see how it can be compared to a subjective attribute such as beauty or body shape, which is more about personal preference and social acceptance depending on one's environmental standards. Maybe neither is a good qualitative example for defining existentialism.

Consider death and infinity instead. We have experienced neither, but we know that both exist. Death is the eventual result of anything that lives, we spend most of our lives trying to cheat it, trying to pretend it's not there, but there is no escape. So in an attempt to grasp on to something more in life we reach out to infinity, a concept that cannot possibly be grasped by the limited capacity of the human mind. Infinty has no end, if it has no end it can have no beginning. If there is no end and no beginning then does it, or time, or space, or life for that matter really exist at all? Faced with this question we invented religon to give answers to the questions which we could not answer. Enter God ... the beginning, the ending, the purpose of our existence, as defined by whoever first put these thoughts on paper. Personally, I prefer being a hairess monkey, that being said, I'll get back in my cage.
:mfinger:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
when i say perfection, i dont mean the relative "oh she's hot or that picture looks fucked up" i'm talking about something that is without imperfections, its easiest to give the example of the circle because its something we are all familiar with but have never actually seen. the example of the perfect person may have through a few of you off, probably because its a shitty example. but as far as the ideas of death and infinity, do you think that your average monkey also contemplates the day he is going to die or how expansive "infinity" is. what i'm saying is, if you take a step back and wonder how it is that we have any idea of infinity or of coming death or perfection and why we arent just looking for our next meal like other animals. If people arent prepared to say that God just is, or a universal knowledge just is, than by that same logic they cant say that the reason humans are able to comprehend such abstract things as infinity and perfection is just because Max, sir, if you could embelish on this "string theory" i'd love to hear, or drop a link or something.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
bigck3000 said:
do you think that your average monkey also contemplates the day he is going to die or how expansive "infinity" is.
I like to think of myself as an above average monkey ...
:D

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Kit, I have to disagree with you. A perfect circle is simply (pi)2r (an easily computated math problem, if pi had an end).

As to "How expansive infinity is"... YES. That is, in my mind, one of the strangest things ever... how can it not end? In a world where everything seems to be definate, how can there be something we can't measure? What progress in the world have we made, when we can't do anything about one of the simplest (and maddeningly complex) things there is?

Max, you say "string theory". But what do you mean? Hyper-strings? World-strings and world-sheets? String theory is VERY diverse.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
NoSubstance said:
Kit, I have to disagree with you. A perfect circle is simply (pi)2r (an easily computated math problem, if pi had an end).

As to "How expansive infinity is"... YES. That is, in my mind, one of the strangest things ever... how can it not end? In a world where everything seems to be definate, how can there be something we can't measure? What progress in the world have we made, when we can't do anything about one of the simplest (and maddeningly complex) things there is?

Max, you say "string theory". But what do you mean? Hyper-strings? World-strings and world-sheets? String theory is VERY diverse.

But, pi does not have an end, that is the beauty of it. at least, no end that we can find yet.

infinity is infinity. dont over think it. it is not meant for the human mind, as many things are not. But, there would be an eventual end to infinity, throughout time and space, there is no permanent continum, at least i do not believe that there is. but I do beleive that people can not comprehend the vastness that would encompass and end to infinity. we are far to basic creatures.

string theory....i think I had to learn something about that in phys chem?

I sucked at chem, but I am really good at bullshit.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Chemistry is combining atoms and materials to form other substances.

String theory generally has to do with the makeup and mechanics of the universe. Not chemistry, but physics plays a huge role.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
NoSubstance said:
Chemistry is combining atoms and materials to form other substances.

String theory generally has to do with the makeup and mechanics of the universe. Not chemistry, but physics plays a huge role.
well, one of those classes I was forced to take by the school district. why cant we all just take home ec and make shit like lamps and cookies. wouldnt we all be happier without all of this shit in our lives? What if we did not have to live with psychology, physiology, physics, and all breathing down our necks, but still had the same technology.

PS if I have to do one more fucking paper on maslow, mccellan or that fucking pervert frued I am going to hang myself. not literally, but the bitching feels good. lol