WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Entitled Parent

graphicalmess

Hoodrat
So, guys.
I HAVE A PROBLEM.
My mom's becoming an Entitled Parent, and WILL NOT stop bullying people to get what she wants.
We call her "Clone Karen", since we know someone actually named Karen.
How do I fix this?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
So, guys.
I HAVE A PROBLEM.
My mom's becoming an Entitled Parent, and WILL NOT stop bullying people to get what she wants.
We call her "Clone Karen", since we know someone actually named Karen.
How do I fix this?
Since you're at least 18, you need to get your own stuff out of her hands. Cut all ties you can to extricate yourself from her influence and then help others do the same. In all likelihood, you won't be able to make her see things from your side. Be prepared to fail, but try to succeed.

Crazizniac

Postaholic
Premium
What exactly does she want? World peace? Or just some vodka or something? Just give her the vodka man, no big deal right?

graphicalmess

Hoodrat
I mean, she wants various things. The other day, she yelled at a guy for stealing a parking spot she wanted.
I'm working on moving out now, but for the time being, SHE WILL NOT SHUT UP

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
You can’t change anyone who doesn’t want to change.

What are your reactions when she does something like this? Does she turn this on you?

Until you’ve moven out, try to ignore it, don’t go with your mom on errands unless you have to.