WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ever happened to you?

n00b head

The pron storer
This has happened to me twice but the last time was far more painful. I was eating a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and i bit one and a shard of it broke away and flew into my eye. I started running around shouting because it hurt so much and I didn't manage to get it out until all the salt and the vinegar had dissolved and I had lost about a pint of water from my eyes because they stung so much. retarded or what?

Shaggy2Dope94

My axe is my buddy
n00b head said:
This has happened to me twice but the last time was far more painful. I was eating a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and i bit one and a shard of it broke away and flew into my eye. I started running around shouting because it hurt so much and I didn't manage to get it out until all the salt and the vinegar had dissolved and I had lost about a pint of water from my eyes because they stung so much. retarded or what?

:rotflmao: yea that is pretty retarded

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Can't say i've had that happen to me before,
but I've had a cut on my lip when i ate salt and vinegar chips, and that hurt like a bitch.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Close your lips around your chips before you chew. <~~ That just sounds weird.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I did close my mouth, but I usually grab a handful and toss em in my mouth and every now and then a chip will hit my lip hence the burn.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
This might sound odd. But I confess I like the burn.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
This just goes to show you why you shouldnt eat piss and vinegar chips.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
salt and vinegar chips are good, but i have never eaten them without having sore lips afterward so i dont indulge too much. what i would like to add is that if vinegar burned your eyes this much imagine how much a stronger acid would burn. HCl (1.00 M) has a pH of 0, which is about 1,000 times more acidic than vinegar. imagine how much that would burn. don't wet yourself with pleasure BklynCannonball ;)

n00b head

The pron storer
Smoke said:
Can't say i've had that happen to me before,
but I've had a cut on my lip when i ate salt and vinegar chips, and that hurt like a bitch.
That hurt like a bitch. Now get some in your eye

ferengi

Yay fire!
Salt and vinegar chips are okay. How about those new dill pickle chips, anyone like those? Wonder if they'd burn too.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
salt and vinegar chips= :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:

Easty

Click click boom
bnccoder said:
Close your lips around your chips before you chew. <~~ That just sounds weird.
or just dont eat those, that works just as well

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
i must confess.. i am a chip fiend.. they comfort me in times of need... i've gotten salt from chips in wounds many times before aswell as obtained chip-inflicted cuts on my hands and my mouth... i must also confess.. i am a total clutz, and i fuck up in a lot of strange ways... but i cannot honestly say i've ever gotten a chip in the eye after taking a bite.. that is an accomplishment i have yet to make. congrats on making it for yourself!
this reminds me.. you know how they say cap'n crunch cuts the roof of your mouth?? it's never done that to me.. maybe the roof of my mouth is just callussed and raw from eating chips all my fuckin life.. but maybe everyone else is just a fuckin pussy. only the cap'n knows.

HaDeS

everybodies dead dave!!!
when eating crisps the salt and vinegar burn my mouth like hell so now if i eat that flavour i get blisters in my mouth which sucks a lot

hmmmm i'm more partial to ketchup or all dressed chips, have no idea if they burn the eyes or not

What hurts is when a crunchy piece of food is vertical in your mouth when you chew on it, thus hitting the roof of your mouth.