WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ever tore a tendon? It's complete bullshit.

Myzyri

Hoodrat
I tore my subscapularis tendon (main rotary cuff tendon) about three months ago. I'm sick of it. Told my surgeon at this point we should just cut the whole arm off, only slightly joking. He wants to wait three more months before we decide if I'm getting surgery to fix it.

Apparently I frayed the three other tendons and tore the main. Gotta let those frayed ones heal first. Haven't slept in my bed in three months, husband is terrified of having sex, my arm hurts constantly. At least my kids are being kind and better than they have during their fourteen years of existence (I think they've become possessed, but I'm not complaining).

Life sucks. Ok, not really, just the shoulder, life's great. Shoulder sucks.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Anyone who doesn't embrace the exhilarating sensation of a torn tendon is a total pussy. Push through it bro. No pain no gain. Fear nothing.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF!?
Reactions: YogurtExplosion

Myzyri

Hoodrat
I pushed through it the first month. I kept telling everyone, I don't think it's normal for a burning sensation from my ear all the way through my fingers. I couldn't move my arm. Everyone thought I tore a muscle, at this point I wished that were true.

Hopefully, since the tear is inside the tendon, I might luck out in three months and not need surgery. I've not taken any medicine besides the antiinflammatories. I'm not big on them. Even though stronger medicines have been pushed on me.

Never push through a tore tendon, learn from me. I almost tore the others doing that. That's why they're frayed.

Statistically, I'm too young for shoulder surgery and the success rate is minimal (less than 60%) and heal time is right at 6-8 months. Fuck that.

Now if my fingers would stop swelling up every time I'm up for a few I'd be great. No more picking up beds for me. My niece had crawled under it while I had it up a little to fix the carpet, I had to complete the push forward or else she would have been seriously injured.

• 1Sad
Reactions: YogurtExplosion