WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ever Walked in my Shoes?

i was reading some peoples threads, and it got me to thinking(a rare thing) what right do some people have on casting judgment on someone asking for advice? we don't know their whole situation, we don't have all the facts, just what they let us know. so what right does someone have in calling them down? i think it takes a lot for someone to ask for help to begin with. some situations they feel they can't ask people they know, so they come to the loving arms of WTF for help and what do they get? your a whore, you should never go out again, your a douche bag, you should die. like i know most aren't serious, and i know some people ask for it due to thread. /me losses train of thought. :( alls i know is that i don't think anyone has right to cast judgment on someone when you've never been where they are. takes a lot to fess up ones "crimes" and ask for help. guess i dislike people who have a holier then thow attitude, kinda pisses me off. i always want to say SAVE IT FOR b&t.
ok kiddies have fun with the responses. /me waits for dumb sarcastic posts. :rolleyes:

bnccoder

Postaholic
I would rather have someone ask for help or ask a question than go around making mistakes that could have been avoided.

well some are young and thats how one learns. some things common sense can tell ya to walk away, but again, we weren't were they were so who are we to judge? like the old saying goes, don't judge me till you've walked in my shoes.(or something like that lol)

breakology

Kiss my Converse
If these people want good advice ... common sense would dictate that a web site titled "wtf.com" might not be the best place to get it.
Being a member you open yourself to ridicule from furious assholes (such as myself) who thrive on the misery of others.
So in that regard, we have every right to cast judgement on the meek and vunrable that venture through these halls.
If these people want "good advice" they should have joined a nice comfy self-help site, started a 12 step program, or try out as a guest star on Dr. Phil.

THIS is wtf.com ... and it is NOT for the weak at heart. :p

hmmmmm good point. but isen't life sucks, issues, others forums made for more serious discussions? or is it for dick heads to spam up and give childish answers?
hmmmm maybe i'm just sensative this morning.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Sure, their are a few "more serious" forums here, but they still maintain the overall theme of the site. Even the "serious forums" don't carry a overwhelming since of *lets hold hands and cuddle while talking about our problems* feeling. This place is for debate, and expressing difference of opinion. If you want to come here and aire your dirty laundry, you have to be prepared for the neighbors to see your underwear!

*holy shit that was a cryptic analogy that made zero fucking sense, LOL*

nympho said:
maybe i'm just sensative this morning
aahhh ... you are a big softy, eh? :angel:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
*you're X2

Nymphchick said:
ok kiddies have fun with the responses. /me waits for dumb sarcastic posts.
you're a whore,
you should never go out again,
you're a douche bag,
and
you should die.

bnccoder

Postaholic
WizardlyFriend said:
*you're X2

you're a whore,
you should never go out again,
you're a douche bag,
and
you should die.
This is chit chat.....

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
bnccoder said:
This is chit chat.....
NymphChick said:
ok kiddies have fun with the responses. /me waits for dumb sarcastic posts.
that was the dumb sarcastic post that followed. if you read my insults they are copied and pasted directly from nymphs post.

i will answer her question seriously though since im posting twice and havent contributed yet.

i agree with what she is saying and i rarely judge people. well thats not true, but i usually judge people as a lot better than they are. i always put myself in others shoes and think why would anyone do this. because it is my opinion that everyone has good in them. people do bad things, but i think that their motives are atleast somewhat good or justified in their mind.
i try to stick away from insulting advice as well.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
don't listen to breakology, he has the heart of a weasel.:p i understand what you're saying nymph, however most of us, most of the time try to give objective, good advice. and while both assertations could be correct take solice in this- how many people really take our advice seriously anyway? --this is wtf.com after all.

Jung

???
Premium
I don't know, but personally I'd never ask for any real advice on the internet. Maybe computer stuff, but not about relationships or life in general.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Nymphchick said:
i was reading some peoples threads, and it got me to thinking(a rare thing) what right do some people have on casting judgment on someone asking for advice? we don't know their whole situation, we don't have all the facts, just what they let us know. so what right does someone have in calling them down? i think it takes a lot for someone to ask for help to begin with. some situations they feel they can't ask people they know, so they come to the loving arms of WTF for help and what do they get? your a whore, you should never go out again, your a douche bag, you should die. like i know most aren't serious, and i know some people ask for it due to thread. /me losses train of thought. :( alls i know is that i don't think anyone has right to cast judgment on someone when you've never been where they are. takes a lot to fess up ones "crimes" and ask for help. guess i dislike people who have a holier then thow attitude, kinda pisses me off. i always want to say SAVE IT FOR b&t.
ok kiddies have fun with the responses. /me waits for dumb sarcastic posts. :rolleyes:
i see where your comming from, but asking anyone for help on the internet is a gamble in more than a dozen different ways.....you should know that.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
breakology said:
If these people want good advice ... common sense would dictate that a web site titled "wtf.com" might not be the best place to get it.
Being a member you open yourself to ridicule from furious assholes (such as myself) who thrive on the misery of others.
So in that regard, we have every right to cast judgement on the meek and vunrable that venture through these halls.
If these people want "good advice" they should have joined a nice comfy self-help site, started a 12 step program, or try out as a guest star on Dr. Phil.

THIS is wtf.com ... and it is NOT for the weak at heart. :p
this is true!

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
thats very true, but people dont seem to understand this and they try to change it.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
YUCK FOU!!! said:
thats very true, but people dont seem to understand this and they try to change it.
Ignorance is bliss!

WWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

we don't know their whole situation, we don't have all the facts, just what they let us know. so what right does someone have in calling them down? i think it takes a lot for someone to ask for help to begin with. some situations they feel they can't ask people they know, so they come to the loving arms of WTF for help and what do they get?

thats what you put

first of all, if your going to come looking for help then i believe that you should give the entire story inside and out so that the people trying to help you have a good general idea of what the hell is going on. Secondly, you really should expect good advice from anyone, whether its on the internet or in real life because no relationship of any kind is the same so the results will vary. when you come to a website such as this one, don't expect good advice, but in the event that you do get something that sounds like good advice, take it and maybe alter it so that it may do you some good. Third and the utmost important thing to remember, don't get yourself into fucked up situation and then be too afraid to tell others whats happening. You shouldn't care what anyone thinks about the problem, therefore you can actually get help and not wonder around aimlessly thinking about a right solution.

i think that sounds like what i want to say, it might not cuz im a little sleepy, but yea.

i've always wanted a stalker, can you be just mine. i need people to sit back and laugh at all the dumb shit that i do. ill give you cheese
cheese is my favore. mmmmmmm.......cheese.