For Fun Everybody has a favorite flower.

RebelBuddha

Kre8orOfChaos
I like wild flowers. Nothing exotic. They're usually seen as invasive, or weeds.

Here are a few flowers that I like:
daisies-10332.gif

-thistle---o-flower-of-scotland-40755.jpg

magnolia-tree-flower-1.jpg

1260059999_6175976260.jpg

I don't know the names of many of the flowers... so I wouldn't know what to look for. Most of them are really simple looking. They usually grow in the cracks of sidewalks or what have you. I also realize that some of the pictures I posted are not of invasive flowers. The magnolia is the best smelling flower I've ever smelled. I also like their seed cones.

2158d1127017572-magnolia-seed-pod-whole-small-jpeg.jpg

I wish flowers were given more often. I enjoy trying to see how long I can make a set of flowers live. I try to use the most normal means (ie not flower food in a package) possible. The longest I've been able to make a set of cut flowers live was a month.

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
^Love the third one.

Look at these!--I don't know if the fancy name they gave for these is the technical name for a brown or black-eyed susan but they look just like 'em and the susans are often weepy like my others up there.:D

Lioness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Easter Lilies which I noticed has a resemblance to the Orchid that 7 posted.

Easter+Lily.jpg

Tulips

Field_of_Tulips_Island_of_Mainau_Germany.jpg

And this is one worth waiting for... much like finding your soulmate.

iAMtheEPICENTER

Postaholic
I also love the bloom from the silk tree (mimosa). We have these all around our house. It is considered an unwanted "weed" tree but that just makes me like it a little more.

2773713869_b9a733faf7.jpg

iAMtheEPICENTER

Postaholic
I've got plenty of these trees at the park where I usually play with my kid, and they've been planted.
And it shouldn't be Mimosa, but Pink Siris.
I can't really tell why you in the US call it "mimosa" :p

Yes, I like plants. Does this make me a hippie?
Cause we do what we want? Also, in the south, I've heard them being called moochie trees and pink puff trees.

Apparently two guys used the same name for two different trees as it said on the wiki page you posted :
This page is about the tree described by Antonio Durazzini. John Gilbert Baker used the same scientific name to refer to Prain's Albizia kalkora, the Mimosa kalkora of William Roxburgh.

Duke University: http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/trees/alka.html

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
In my hometown there was a woods and once a year it would transform into a magical blue wonderland..

The bluebell

uploadfromtaptalk1431320511329.jpg

and every year mum got a bouquet of bluebell.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
My Dad always took great pride in his rose bushes. Tulips were a priority, as well. And then there was the holly tree that descended from my grandmother. I don't have any pics to share. Just memories and images in my head

steelasp

poontangwrecker
I also love the bloom from the silk tree (mimosa). We have these all around our house. It is considered an unwanted "weed" tree but that just makes me like it a little more.

2773713869_b9a733faf7.jpg

I've got plenty of these trees at the park where I usually play with my kid, and they've been planted.
And it shouldn't be Mimosa, but Pink Siris.
I can't really tell why you in the US call it "mimosa" :p

Yes, I like plants. Does this make me a hippie?

There are hundreds of different Mimosas. It's an entire genus of plants. Mimosa hostilis, for example, is the plant with the highest concentration of DMT.

There's some Irony here, in that the plant that @-=iNsANe=-ADJ called Mimosa(Acacia dealbata), is not actually a Mimosa, but neither is the pink siris(Albizia julibrissin) which @iAMtheEPICENTER called Mimosa.
Probably the reason these plants are called Mimosa by some people is that they both have compound leaves, puffball flowers, and seed pods that are characteristic of true Mimosas.
We have lots of different Mimosas and Acaccias here, and they are all very similar looking plants. My favorite Mimosa is Mimosa pudica because it does this
220px-Mimosa_Pudica.gif

But hands down, my favorite flower is the Cannabis flower.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

been that, done there
There's some Irony here, in that the plant that @-=iNsANe=-ADJ called Mimosa(Acacia dealbata), is not actually a Mimosa, but neither is the pink siris(Albizia julibrissin) which @iAMtheEPICENTER called Mimosa.
It's the way it is called here in Italy. Aaaand:
from wikipedia said:
Mimosa may also be used for:
  • Mimosa or Albizia julibrissin, a species of legume in the genus Albizia, native to southern and eastern Asia, from Iran east to China and Korea
  • Mimosa or Acacia dealbata, a species of Acacia, native to southeastern Australia in New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory

I see your acacias and raise with pseudoacacia.

2523079398_fd7f0c0ef5.jpg