WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Everyone finally banning toxic InfoWars and Alex Jones

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/06/technology/twitter-suspends-alex-jones-infowars/index.html

Twitter banned far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his website InfoWars from its platform Thursday afternoon, a month after several of its Silicon Valley counterparts did so.

In a series of tweets from its @TwitterSafety account, Twitter said, "Today, we permanently suspended @realalexjones and @infowars from Twitter and Periscope. We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' previous violations."

Twitter also said that it "will take action" if in the future it discovers other accounts being used to get around the ban of Jones and InfoWars.

The company made its decision a day after Jones accosted a CNN reporter, Oliver Darcy, on Capitol Hill, and livestreamed the encounter through Periscope, which Twitter owns.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Thank fuck for that. Free speech is one thing. But he just shouts fire in theaters.

Nothing but a capitalist genius feeding on the less intelligent. Ever see his website?

Screenshot_20180803-153249.jpg

idiots speak all the time. censoring them harkens to something unsavory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Jones is a nutcase. He's kind of hilarious in his delusions though. I can't get over the gay frogs, makes me laugh every time I think about it.

@MaxPower yes! His website is wild! So much doomsday prep its insane, I particularly like the pre-packaged food items that will sustain you through the apocalypse. Anyone with a brain can see how over-priced that crap is, he's a blatant swindler. And the people are stupid enough to both buy from him and listen to his vitriol.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'm actually hoping he gets banned into poverty, where he eventually takes his own life due to the pressures of mounting debt.

i love opening up discussions like this so that the left can be seen for who they are. always best to let them have the floor.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
i love opening up discussions like this so that the left can be seen for who they are. always best to let them have the floor.
Has nothing to do with being left. Alex Jones is a pariah among even the decent right wingers. It's only the delusional conspiracy theorists and KKK type that take him seriously.

how does he attract the kkk? what has he said to attract nazis? what does alex jones have to do with racism? disagreeing is one thing but when people insist on silencing people, it is because they are afraid of what a person is saying.

every time leftists are asked to explain their beliefs...most often to justify their claim of how someone is racist. the crickets are sent in on their behalf. this...is how trump won and will win again. people don't like to have their intelligence insulted.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
The reason they don't answer that question is because it's an insult to everyone's intelligence because the answer is obvious.

The reason they don't answer that question is because it's an insult to everyone's intelligence because the answer is obvious.

if it is so obvious, a single example should be readily available. the course of this conversation can be predicted at the outset. always either the mock incredulity or the "it's already obvious".

so, one example? we both know that this is where the topic is shifted by the left though. i have yet to see one example for ben shapiro, david horowitz, anne coulter, donald trump, ben carson (yes, i have seen such), larry elder, thomas sowell and milo yiannopoulos.

Liberals don't actually have an answer, but they act like they do!

this is correct. calling people nazis is really just meant to create civil unrest (i wonder what that is all about?) it is not an idea that will gain traction. the same people who elected barack obama twice are the same ones who elected donald trump. they grew tired of being told they were nazis.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Alex Jones is a delusional asshole who professes violence should be done to his 'enemies'.

If you can listen to Alex Jones rail on long enough to convince yourself that he doesn't bring up someone's skin color or faith as a source of derision, more power to you. Go to his website and listen away.

He attempted to use private platforms to spread his message. Those private companies took issue with that, and resolved the issue on their ends.