WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Everyone finally banning toxic InfoWars and Alex Jones

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
To spell it out even further for those not comprehending this, even on their own site they have Terms of Service, very similar to the terms of service they obviously violated on the sites they were banned from.

You will not make threats to other users or people not associated with the site.
If you violate these rules, your posts and/or user name will be deleted.
Remember: you are a guest here. It is not censorship if you violate the rules and your post is deleted. All civilizations have rules and if you violate them you can expect to be ostracized from the tribe.

• 1Like
Reactions: BrIONwoshMunky

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
yet, you still respond, so the absence of a couple days was not too off putting. i am no big fan of alex. i am a fan of his freedom to speak as he wishes. i find him amusing at times but there is still no valid case for corporate monopoly censorship. the word "racism" rings hollow and america is watching.
I'm not convinced. You seem to be a bit too in awe of him to say you're not a fan.
I hope you don't mind too much if I say his kind should not only be silenced. But to cater to those who silence him in a perpetual state of medial servitude.

Yet infowars reserves the right to censor.
  • 8.1. We may review and delete any content you post on the Website or elsewhere utilizing our Services or System if we determine, in our sole discretion, that the content violates the rights of others, is not appropriate for the Website, or otherwise violates this Agreement.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: BRiT

shames-demise

Clitpickle
There absolutely was/is.

then a single quote or video clip should be readily available or is this yet another instance of speaking certain untruths into reality again?

Screenshot_20181005-204355.jpg

I'm not convinced. You seem to be a bit too in awe of him to say you're not a fan.
I hope you don't mind too much if I say his kind should not only be silenced. But to cater to those who silence him in a perpetual state of medial servitude.

• 8.1. We may review and delete any content you post on the Website or elsewhere utilizing our Services or System if we determine, in our sole discretion, that the content violates the rights of others, is not appropriate for the Website, or otherwise violates this Agreement.

meh, fair enough. there needs to be an internet bill of rights but my hope is that people tire of this big brother mentality thinking for them. actually, facebook is losing it's grasp on the populous.

my fave political commentators are thomas sowell, david berkowitz, ann coulter, jordan peterson and ben shapiro. i don't consider alex jones to be in their league.

also-"internet bill of rights" is not my idea. merely parroting.

• 1Like
Reactions: BrIONwoshMunky

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!

The only people who have a "right to censor" are snowflakes who can't admit to being wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: shames-demise

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
then a single quote or video clip should be readily available or is this yet another instance of speaking certain untruths into reality again?

View attachment 10595

meh, fair enough. there needs to be an internet bill of rights but my hope is that people tire of this big brother mentality thinking for them. actually, facebook is losing it's grasp on the populous.

my fave political commentators are thomas sowell, david berkowitz, ann coulter, jordan peterson and ben shapiro. i don't consider alex jones to be in their league.

also-"internet bill of rights" is not my idea. merely parroting.
And just what government would administer it? The internet is multinational.

Bauber

Captain Love
Anyone has the right to censor in the public domain.
Not sure what you mean by this exactly. You can't censor anyone in a public domain unless the speech is one of the unprotected areas under the 1st amendment like obscenity, hate speech, etc. Corporate owned domains can enact any censorship they want, such as Twitter, Paypal, etc.

I could be completely missing what you meant by a public domain though.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
The old left would be pitching a fit. The new left runs completely paralell with facism and authoritarianism. Imagine that. A "liberal" applauding the silencing of ANYONE. They'll parrot the party line though...you see it here in this thread. "He" needs to be silenced. Back in the day liberals understood the end result of "he" is always "me". Sad times oh and btw...lol at people who don't realize Alex Jones is playing a role. Fucking LMFAO.

MisterFister

He spews such incendiary shit, he's actually harmful. Free speech is one thing. But there's nothing free about what Jones is selling.

Where's a sniper in the clock tower when you need one?
Wow. You claim Jones is calling for violence (if he ever did you can be sure he already would have been indicted) then right after you claim this you actually call for violence (keenly imply Jones should be shot). The air is thick with irony.

• 1Agree
Reactions: ThisIsBananas

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Wow. You claim Jones is calling for violence (if he ever did you can be sure he already would have been indicted) then right after you claim this you actually call for violence (keenly imply Jones should be shot). The air is thick with irony.
Jones indeed needs to be disposed of. He and everyone like him are a cancer.

Not sure what you mean by this exactly. You can't censor anyone in a public domain unless the speech is one of the unprotected areas under the 1st amendment like obscenity, hate speech, etc. Corporate owned domains can enact any censorship they want, such as Twitter, Paypal, etc.

I could be completely missing what you meant by a public domain though.
Any internet domain can censor whatever they want. Take for instance infowars, which readily states in their Ts&C's they reserve the right to censor whatever they want. That being said, it's funny to hear people mention the 1st amendment when that only covers one country, and the Internet is a world wide platform.

• 1Disagree

MisterFister

Jones indeed needs to be disposed of. He and everyone like him are a cancer.
Again with the murderous innuendo. Do you honestly not see the irony here?

Any internet domain can censor whatever they want. Take for instance infowars, which readily states in their Ts&C's they reserve the right to censor whatever they want. That being said, it's funny to hear people mention the 1st amendment when that only covers one country, and the Internet is a world wide platform.
You said "public domain" not "private domain". Also, the first sentence isn't true. That's why you rarely see governmental agency websites which allow commentary from John Q. Public. When they receive criticism they generally delete the account (local police fuck up and get lambasted on their wall) when they are playing ball on other people's fields. The actual .gov website doesn't allow commentary because they know they can't censor it. What I see as a long term problem is as more newspapers/television stations/OTA radio stations fail under dwindling viewership the government will increase the funding of quasi-private websites then backroom censor under the guise of "private" ownership".

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Sory, I see I did say public when I obviously meant to write private. Anyway, my point is that a private ;) owner of a private website does have the right to censor whatever they want. The point being a response to someone complaining about snowflakes censoring, when clearly right wing hate mongering conspiracy nutjobs like infowars also censors....and has the legal right to do so.

And Alex Jones must be silenced. Perhaps an internment camp for him, his fans, and core Trump supporters would work. Put it across the lake from the far lefties camp and they can have canoe races.

• 1Face Palm

MisterFister

"You have to bake that wedding cake for that gay couple because if you provide a service to the public you can't discriminate regardless of your values"

"You don't have to host that Facebook page of that person you object with politically because even though you provide a service to the public you can discriminate based on your values"

#leftistlogic