WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Ex-KKK Member Convicted in 1964 Killings

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#1
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA, Miss. - An 80-year-old former Ku Klux Klansman was convicted of manslaughter Tuesday in the 1964 slayings of three civil rights workers — exactly 41 years after they disappeared.

The jury of nine whites and three blacks reached the verdict on their second day of deliberations, rejecting murder charges against Edgar Ray Killen.
Killen showed no emotion as the verdict was read. He was comforted by his wife as he said in his wheelchair. He was wearing an oxygen tube. Heavily armed police a barrier outside a side door to the courthouse and jurors were loaded into two waiting vans and driven away.

The verdict was 41 years to the date after James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner were ambushed, beaten, and shot.

Prosecutors had asked the jury to send a message to the rest of the world that Mississippi has changed and is committed to bringing to justice those who killed to preserve segregation in the 1960s. They said the evidence was clear that Killen organized the attack on the three victims.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Better late then never....

He aint gonna be "Killen" no more...

 

Cutter

College Punk
150
0
76
#2
like he was killin in his wheel chair and oxygen tube
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#3
Cutter said:
like he was killin in his wheel chair and oxygen tube
You don't get it do you? You have never seen or read the story of what people like this man did.... You have got to bring these people to justice, it's like convicting Nazi war criminals, If justice could not catch them in their youth then in the elderly years, it shall befall upon them. It is ONLY right.

There is a movie called "Mississippi Burning". I suggest you watch it.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#4
Someone please, kick him in the ribs and break a couple.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#5
Cutter said:
like he was killin in his wheel chair and oxygen tube
You don't get it. He's 80 Now, when he comitted the murders, he was 39.
This old man is going to spend what little is left of his life rotting in jail, for these bruital murders. I only hope he has Grand/Great Grand childeren that he will miss growing up. Kind of fitting that he should go into prison (Pre-hell) before actually going to hell.
 

Cutter

College Punk
150
0
76
#7
MaxPower said:
You don't get it. He's 80 Now, when he comitted the murders, he was 39.
This old man is going to spend what little is left of his life rotting in jail, for these bruital murders. I only hope he has Grand/Great Grand childeren that he will miss growing up. Kind of fitting that he should go into prison (Pre-hell) before actually going to hell.

He's 80 and in a wheel chair with a oxygen tank, this guy is not rotting in pre hell he is a prison hospitable laying on his ass doing nothing but shit and laugh at the damn proscuters for taking there sweet ass time. this racist hillbilly is prolly watchin tv. if the hillbilly cops gave a fuck in the first place 41 years ago and got him then, then this would be different. but this douche is laughing all the way to hell, in his wheel chair. His grand children are prolly rootin him on. you know what be the kick in the ribs? if he put a book out.
 

esxho

Dude, wot does mine say!?
109
0
0
#8
Beliefs

The dude was only acting upon his beliefs just as we were back in the days of Martin Luther King. As we are acting upon our beliefs now against Saddam.

Im not saying what he did was right, but at the end of the day its over.

*Oooo I'm having a brainy daY!!*
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#9
esxho said:
The dude was only acting upon his beliefs just as we were back in the days of Martin Luther King. As we are acting upon our beliefs now against Saddam.

Im not saying what he did was right, but at the end of the day its over.

*Oooo I'm having a brainy daY!!*
His beliefs to kill people?

Sorry, murder is never in "style"...
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#10
voiceofreason said:
Associated Press
The jury of nine whites and three blacks reached the verdict on their second day of deliberations, rejecting murder charges against Edgar Ray Killen.
Now according to what was posted the guy got off on all charges? So he walked away with no conviction?
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#11
JLXC said:
Now according to what was posted the guy got off on all charges? So he walked away with no conviction?
He was convicted of Man Slaughter....
 

Zoso

Zappafied
360
0
0
#12
esxho said:
The dude was only acting upon his beliefs just as we were back in the days of Martin Luther King. As we are acting upon our beliefs now against Saddam.

Im not saying what he did was right, but at the end of the day its over.

*Oooo I'm having a brainy daY!!*

hmmmm..... you're from England.. SHUT UP. you have no clue.
 

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
3,452
0
0
#13
Cutter said:
He's 80 and in a wheel chair with a oxygen tank, this guy is not rotting in pre hell he is a prison hospitable laying on his ass doing nothing but shit and laugh at the damn proscuters for taking there sweet ass time. this racist hillbilly is prolly watchin tv. if the hillbilly cops gave a fuck in the first place 41 years ago and got him then, then this would be different. but this douche is laughing all the way to hell, in his wheel chair. His grand children are prolly rootin him on. you know what be the kick in the ribs? if he put a book out.
How freakin' interesting isn't it? They convict him now when he's 80? The dude obviously has some kind of connections. The only difference this makes is that it ruins his family name, otherwise, the man's as good as dead anyway.

I hate it.

They should have gotten him years ago so prison would've meant something.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#15
esxho said:
The dude was only acting upon his beliefs just as we were back in the days of Martin Luther King. As we are acting upon our beliefs now against Saddam.

Im not saying what he did was right, but at the end of the day its over.

*Oooo I'm having a brainy daY!!*
Do you know what this guy did. That went beyond just acting on his beliefs.

It was back in the days of Martin Luther King, it doesn't make it right. It doesn't mean Justice, whats imporant is now those people know this man killed their sons, brothers and friends. Now these family have closer and Justice.

I can not belive you think that a crime should be forgotten because of AGE....

Thats just one murder he could of been involved in countless others
 

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
277
0
0
#16
This thread is getting way too serious.

Yes it's a serious issue and I'm glad it's over, but we need to laugh.

Check It!

Oh YTMND, where would we be without you?

Cheers,

WTFN
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#17
WTFNation said:
This thread is getting way too serious.

Yes it's a serious issue and I'm glad it's over, but we need to laugh.

Check It!

Oh YTMND, where would we be without you?

Cheers,

WTFN
serious subject and not a joke.
 

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
6,696
2,615
287
#18
_Kitana_ said:
serious subject and not a joke.

I agree, and it is better late then never.
Just becouse he's old it shouldn't be forgotten..